Tyrosine Turning Into Adrenaline?

opethfeldt

I tried Tyrosine and DL-Phenylalanine interchangeably a few years ago At first they gave me energy, increased libido, focus, better mood and a confidence boost and then after a few weeks they would just make me really irritable. Infact, I remember eventually entering states of inexplicable pure rage for no reason, just walking down the road on Tyrosine or DLPA. They also ended up giving me restless leg syndrome where I'd wake up with restless legs, unable to fall back asleep unless I popped a couple of Tyrosine! Apparently, RLS is related to low-dopamine, so it was obviously messing my dopamine system up in some way... perhaps downregulating the receptor sites or something, not sure what the mechanism was that caused all that.
I went through something similar the first time I tried tyrosine. It was a week of being the best me I could be, followed by a solid 6 months of crippling depression. Safe to say, I don't mess much with the dopaminergic substances anymore. In fact it's been 2 years and only recently do I feel back to baseline. It's a little scary.

Mr Joe

I tried Tyrosine and DL-Phenylalanine interchangeably a few years ago At first they gave me energy, increased libido, focus, better mood and a confidence boost and then after a few weeks they would just make me really irritable. Infact, I remember eventually entering states of inexplicable pure rage for no reason, just walking down the road on Tyrosine or DLPA. They also ended up giving me restless leg syndrome where I'd wake up with restless legs, unable to fall back asleep unless I popped a couple of Tyrosine! Apparently, RLS is related to low-dopamine, so it was obviously messing my dopamine system up in some way... perhaps downregulating the receptor sites or something, not sure what the mechanism was that caused all that.

Did you take anything else with it at the moment and how much did you take ? 100g beef and 1 L milk daily is supposed to give lot of tyrosine and I don't think that would cause downregulation so any problem somewhere else or in the product itself ? Taking high dosage tyrosine without necessary light can cause headaches and excitation but never heard of downregulation.