Tyrosine Converts To Thyroid?

natedawggh

I've been wanting to get off my thyroid meds. I saw at the vitamin store that all the thyroid support products contain Tyrosine. There's a lot of posts on here about how tyrosine is involved in dopamine, but I haven't seen much in the way of thyroid. Wikipedia says tyrosine is converted into T3 and T4. Has anyone had any help with this? How come I've never seen a post about it. If tyrosine is as good at producing thyroid as taurine is to dopamine and arginine to nitric oxide, why don't we use tyrosine to treat hypothyroidism?

It's in almost every food. It and iodine are used for thyroid which also needs selenium for liver conversion. Since it's so easy to get from food, I don't think taking it is neccesary but you can try and see.

Queequeg

Good question. This guy says it doesn't work though.
"there's not a single study out there that shows the ability of tyrosine to increase thyroid hormones, even when they are sub-par or too low."
Why Tyrosine Can Ruin Your Chances With Hypothyroid Symptoms
you would think that someone would have run a study on this to see.

Progesterone

Good question. This guy says it doesn't work though.
"there's not a single study out there that shows the ability of tyrosine to increase thyroid hormones, even when they are sub-par or too low."
Why Tyrosine Can Ruin Your Chances With Hypothyroid Symptoms
you would think that someone would have run a study on this to see.

I even found a YT video of a doctor saying it can be harmful to the thyroid actually.. since it increases catecholamines.. is this true that it can be HARMFUL to the thyroid?

Just bought 1lb of L-tyrosine powder.. lol

Queequeg

I even found a YT video of a doctor saying it can be harmful to the thyroid actually.. since it increases catecholamines.. is this true that it can be HARMFUL to the thyroid?

Just bought 1lb of L-tyrosine powder.. lol
lol, I have a bunch of stuff I bought then later found out that it wasn't a good idea. I still keep it as you never know what article or study will change your mind again.

I thought tyrosine was the one for dopamine actually (along with phenylalanine). But anyway it's aromatic so not the best of things in Peat land although it does help with dopamine which could make it worth it.

Progesterone

lol, I have a bunch of stuff I bought then later found out that it wasn't a good idea. I still keep it as you never know what article or study will change your mind again.

Oh, same dude... I have literally thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of supplements.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals