Tyronene - T3 Solution For Lab/R&D

DaveFoster

@haidut If someone accidentally gets Tyronene on their hands or any other body part, would soapy water be sufficient to remove the product, and would repeated washing be needed? Would this differ for SFA esters versus the newer solvent, 2-pyrrolidone?

retroactive

@haidut I've been having major problems with taking T3 from tyronene. One drop (8mg) gives me pretty severe anxiety/stressed feeling. It does elevate my energy I suppose but a few hours later I will crash. I've tried combining it with T4 did not alleviate these problems. T4 alone makes me sleepy if I take it during the day time. T4 did keep me awake for a bit at night when I took it in the evening. Any tips?

J

jb116

@haidut
any way we could get your thyroid products without 2-pyrrolidone? (possibly ethanol too)
I don't know definitively, but just going on anecdotes, it seems any rat I get to use these thyroid products develop headaches and/or upper body aches.
Again I'm not saying I know for sure nor am I criticizing. Just desiring an even simpler product if possible...?

Just for my curiosity, would say Tyronene for example be okay in an mct/tocopherol base?

Progesterone

@haidut
any way we could get your thyroid products without 2-pyrrolidone? (possibly ethanol too)
I don't know definitively, but just going on anecdotes, it seems any rat I get to use these thyroid products develop headaches and/or upper body aches.
Again I'm not saying I know for sure nor am I criticizing. Just desiring an even simpler product if possible...?

Just for my curiosity, would say Tyronene for example be okay in an mct/tocopherol base?

I want DMSO back...

DMSO is the best for absorption. You notice big benefits from 1 drop.

JanW55

Forum Supporter
I was somewhat apprehensive when getting our first Tyronene order because of the DMSO; however, when we got a repeat order and I for one thought it not as effective as before, realized it was now saying SFA esters and ethanol instead of DMSO. So, I have to agree with the poster right above and echo "I want DMSO back" and agree it was best for topical application and there were big benefits from 1 drop.

golder

Why not just take 1 drop orally for similar absorption rates to the old DMSO topical?

JanW55

Forum Supporter
The oral method gets the experimental subject chipmunk too skittish and wired (even at 1/2 drop amounts) so topical works best. By the way, years of ORAL, atrocious, horrible synthetic T4 [AKA levothyroxine] (per officially-approved, insurance-sanctioned medical practitioner's Rx's) caused not only RT3 to go sky-high and Hashimoto's to set in, but after nearly 4 years off the stuff, just taking ANY amount of T4 to try to counter the aforementioned T3 effects makes the chipmunk feel TERRIBLE.

golder

The oral method gets the experimental subject chipmunk too skittish and wired (even at 1/2 drop amounts) so topical works best. By the way, years of ORAL, atrocious, horrible synthetic T4 [AKA levothyroxine] (per officially-approved, insurance-sanctioned medical practitioner's Rx's) caused not only RT3 to go sky-high and Hashimoto's to set in, but after nearly 4 years off the stuff, just taking ANY amount of T4 to try to counter the aforementioned T3 effects makes the chipmunk feel TERRIBLE.

that’s interesting. I’m now keen to collapse the topical vs oral. Maybe a drop of Magnoil (still DMSO based), then drop the Tyronene on top and rub it in? Do you think that would work?

JanW55

Forum Supporter
@James b
Can't advise BUT do know from personal experience there is a lot to be said for less-is-more and go-slow approach, on all supplementation (quantities, mixtures, timing, etc.) and health-hacks. Much to recommend on topical magnesium 'oil' as it's known, although have not experimented with Haidut's version so far. (On purchasing website at moment, will consider that.) Strange (personal) skin situation (lifelong) of resistance to epsom salts -- their having any effect whatsoever -- yet having ghastly cosmetic and household cleaning products seemingly go right in, has been odd but anyhow the magnesium oil has been a tremendous improvement for calming down excitable rodents in this household!

Progesterone

@James b
Can't advise BUT do know from personal experience there is a lot to be said for less-is-more and go-slow approach, on all supplementation (quantities, mixtures, timing, etc.) and health-hacks. Much to recommend on topical magnesium 'oil' as it's known, although have not experimented with Haidut's version so far. (On purchasing website at moment, will consider that.) Strange (personal) skin situation (lifelong) of resistance to epsom salts -- their having any effect whatsoever -- yet having ghastly cosmetic and household cleaning products seemingly go right in, has been odd but anyhow the magnesium oil has been a tremendous improvement for calming down excitable rodents in this household!

So your chipmunks only use T3, no T4 at all?

I am using Tyromix right now (T3/T4) with good success I think, but perhaps I should give T3 only another shot.

Do your find T3 improves your chipmunk's scalp hair?

JanW55

Forum Supporter
The chipmunk in question can only use T3 and only in very tiny amounts but she's very small and extremely hypersensitive. There is another creature in the experiment who is larger, male, and taking a natural T3/T4 type supplement from New Zealand, plus some DHEA, as well as some Tyronene in small amounts (I understand that to be by the drop applied to top of head from time to time). So on the hair question, there is a lot of improvement on both creatures. Not to mention on all kinds of levels of health and metabolism!

Note: it's nearly 4 years now (will be in Feb 2020) of Raymond Peat and Tom Brimeyer inspired eating and guidance through websites, this forum, and Ray Peat Newsletter. (Reminds me I've got to change addresses on that -- since I like the hard-copy version and hope to show them [but not let them get out of my possession or be copied mind you] to my nephew-in-law after he gets through med school soon and encounters real-life Baby Boomer, and other ages, people's ISSUES and tries to apply that lovely T4-Rx to THOSE situations!).

Progesterone

The chipmunk in question can only use T3 and only in very tiny amounts but she's very small and extremely hypersensitive. There is another creature in the experiment who is larger, male, and taking a natural T3/T4 type supplement from New Zealand, plus some DHEA, as well as some Tyronene in small amounts (I understand that to be by the drop applied to top of head from time to time). So on the hair question, there is a lot of improvement on both creatures. Not to mention on all kinds of levels of health and metabolism!

Note: it's nearly 4 years now (will be in Feb 2020) of Raymond Peat and Tom Brimeyer inspired eating and guidance through websites, this forum, and Ray Peat Newsletter. (Reminds me I've got to change addresses on that -- since I like the hard-copy version and hope to show them [but not let them get out of my possession or be copied mind you] to my nephew-in-law after he gets through med school soon and encounters real-life Baby Boomer, and other ages, people's ISSUES and tries to apply that lovely T4-Rx to THOSE situations!).

Thank you!

I have been using Tyromix for 2 months or so by now, and I think I was using too much for a little while. Now I am using literally 2 drops a day, once in morning, and once at night, and my temps are stable all day, hair is not shedding, feel good, etc.

In your experiments, how many daily drops of Tyronene would you use?

JanW55

Forum Supporter
@Progesterone

I feel obliged to give a qualified and lengthier answer, below, but short answer is 1 drop per day at present.

It has taken quite awhile to build up to that (despite huge hopes and erroneous beliefs, 3 plus years ago, that T3 would be a 'miracle cure'.)

It might be, for some perhaps younger and/or more resilient individuals -- note to self: go back in time, start earlier to counteract problems before they build up and coalesce into a BIG problem!!

Anyway, though. when laboratory subjects have been in the experiment for over 60 years, there's a lot of digging that must be done, to get out of the deep hole they're in and reverse the effects of dietary PUFA, gluten, too much stressful 'exercise' and too much nonstop over-the-top 'reaction' to anything and everything (emotional self-stress).

In that given situation, there's preliminary work to be done on other interrelated issues for a good while: e.g., interventions such as SIBO reduction and general calming techniques, gaining more self-awareness and comprehension of lifelong health issues / family genetics / upbringing , and quite vital: building up the underlying metabolic systems. As Tom Brimeyer says (in regard to the 'thyroid pathway'), if that is not working properly then no amount of thyroid hormone will be any use.

Progesterone

@Progesterone

I feel obliged to give a qualified and lengthier answer, below, but short answer is 1 drop per day at present.

It has taken quite awhile to build up to that (despite huge hopes and erroneous beliefs, 3 plus years ago, that T3 would be a 'miracle cure'.)

It might be, for some perhaps younger and/or more resilient individuals -- note to self: go back in time, start earlier to counteract problems before they build up and coalesce into a BIG problem!!

Anyway, though. when laboratory subjects have been in the experiment for over 60 years, there's a lot of digging that must be done, to get out of the deep hole they're in and reverse the effects of dietary PUFA, gluten, too much stressful 'exercise' and too much nonstop over-the-top 'reaction' to anything and everything (emotional self-stress).

In that given situation, there's preliminary work to be done on other interrelated issues for a good while: e.g., interventions such as SIBO reduction and general calming techniques, gaining more self-awareness and comprehension of lifelong health issues / family genetics / upbringing , and quite vital: building up the underlying metabolic systems. As Tom Brimeyer says (in regard to the 'thyroid pathway'), if that is not working properly then no amount of thyroid hormone will be any use.

Thank you so much for your detailed response :)

I've trialed the eugenol solution for about ten days now and unfortunately the results are the same as the pyrrolidone solution. That is to say, my hypothyroid symptoms returned in full force. I've been using t3 in roughly the same dosage for well over a year without a hitch until I tried the pyrrolidone t3.

When I tried the pyrrolidone version I experienced the very symptoms that caused me to try t3 in the first place so I switched back to my original supplier. I had a look at my old pyrrolidone bottle and noticed that there was a bunch of crystallisation around the cap. After seeing that, I took a vial of my original supplier's t3 and poured it into a clean glass. There were visible crystals suspended in the glycerine or propylene glycol solution. Maybe it was due to being stored in a cold ~50F° room since I always received good results from my original source's t3 despite the apparent precipitation.

I don't know what the issue is here. Out of curiosity, I cut open a bottle of the eugenol t3 into a glass and there weren't any visible crystals. It seems to be completely dissolved in the solution, though there was a slight filminess to the liquid as though the ethanol and eugenol aren't entirely miscible. I recall receiving okay results with the saturated fatty acid version though it's been over a year since I've used it. Could it be that the solvents are interacting with the t3 rendering it inert?

Is anyone else having issues with tyronene or is it just me? I'm using it orally by the way.

Progesterone

I've trialed the eugenol solution for about ten days now and unfortunately the results are the same as the pyrrolidone solution. That is to say, my hypothyroid symptoms returned in full force. I've been using t3 in roughly the same dosage for well over a year without a hitch until I tried the pyrrolidone t3.

When I tried the pyrrolidone version I experienced the very symptoms that caused me to try t3 in the first place so I switched back to my original supplier. I had a look at my old pyrrolidone bottle and noticed that there was a bunch of crystallisation around the cap. After seeing that, I took a vial of my original supplier's t3 and poured it into a clean glass. There were visible crystals suspended in the glycerine or propylene glycol solution. Maybe it was due to being stored in a cold ~50F° room since I always received good results from my original source's t3 despite the apparent precipitation.

I don't know what the issue is here. Out of curiosity, I cut open a bottle of the eugenol t3 into a glass and there weren't any visible crystals. It seems to be completely dissolved in the solution, though there was a slight filminess to the liquid as though the ethanol and eugenol aren't entirely miscible. I recall receiving okay results with the saturated fatty acid version though it's been over a year since I've used it. Could it be that the solvents are interacting with the t3 rendering it inert?

Is anyone else having issues with tyronene or is it just me? I'm using it orally by the way.

Had the same issue with the pyrrolidone but with tyromix (crystallization city).

Eugenol seems to be more potent.... but... let's be perfectly honest.

DMSO is the absolute best solvent, and they need to start selling their thyroid products with DMSO as solvent for people who want results.

golder

Had the same issue with the pyrrolidone but with tyromix (crystallization city).

DMSO is the absolute best solvent, and they need to start selling their thyroid products with DMSO as solvent for people who want results.

Is there any way of doing the thyroid in DMSO by ordering the normal version and putting a note in the order comments section @haidut
PM if necessary. Thanks.

At this point I'd be hesitant to try even the dmso version. I've got the exact same unbearable symptoms now as when I quit t3 cold turkey at the beginning of last summer. I'd stick with my original research chem source except they've closed their business. I'm going to try Tiromel next and just use another research chemical supplier until the Tiromel arrives.

It's weird since the t3 should be in the tyronene bottle but I get absolutely no relief even with crazy high doses. I know it hasn't precipitated out of the eugenol solution so that leads me to believe that the t3 is deactivated/decomposed even though eugenol is supposed to be an antioxidant.

Andman

At this point I'd be hesitant to try even the dmso version. I've got the exact same unbearable symptoms now as when I quit t3 cold turkey at the beginning of last summer. I'd stick with my original research chem source except they've closed their business. I'm going to try Tiromel next and just use another research chemical supplier until the Tiromel arrives.

It's weird since the t3 should be in the tyronene bottle but I get absolutely no relief even with crazy high doses. I know it hasn't precipitated out of the eugenol solution so that leads me to believe that the t3 is deactivated/decomposed even though eugenol is supposed to be an antioxidant.

what symptoms are you experiencing? Do any of the thyro-mimetic substances provide some relief?

ive just made an order for the new eugenol version, will post here if i experience anything similar

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals