Tyronene - T3 Solution For Lab/R&D

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

cyclops

As far as mixing in water goes, could you place the amount you want for a day in a bottle of water (say 3 drops/24mcg) and then shake the bottle vigorously before sipping on it throughout the day? Would this ensure you get an even amount each time? Meaning could one be confident that there is about 4mcgs in 1/6th of the bottle.

So if you wanted to take 4mcgs per dose you could just shake the water bottle and drink about a sixth of it?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
As far as mixing in water goes, could you place the amount you want for a day in a bottle of water (say 3 drops/24mcg) and then shake the bottle vigorously before sipping on it throughout the day? Would this ensure you get an even amount each time? Meaning could one be confident that there is about 4mcgs in 1/6th of the bottle.

So if you wanted to take 4mcgs per dose you could just shake the water bottle and drink about a sixth of it?

Can't comment on human use, but as far as dilution, alcohol is the best option. Water will not mix well with the SFA esters in the product.

ilikecats

@tomisonbottom I can't say tbh. I worked up to 100-150 mcg over the course of two months (thats a guess) and then went down to 50 mcg for a month or two and then went back up. T3 is very safe. If you've never used thyroid before and are hypo I'm sure you could get away with dosing 100-150 mcg of T3 in one day on your first try... take 25mcg (equivalent of one grain of ndt, not really that much) every few hours monitoring your response, effects come on quickly and last for 3 or 4 hours (not that I'm suggesting doing that but you could and it wouldn't be unreasonable in my opinion). I took 375 mcg of T3 in one day (equivalent of fifteen grains, inspired by rays story of a women needing 15 grains a day) I just went pretty hyperthyroid with very minor discomfort at moments... no sensationalistic "thyroid storm" that needed some type of medical attention.

tomisonbottom

@tomisonbottom I can't say tbh. I worked up to 100-150 mcg over the course of two months (thats a guess) and then went down to 50 mcg for a month or two and then went back up. T3 is very safe. If you've never used thyroid before and are hypo I'm sure you could get away with dosing 100-150 mcg of T3 in one day on your first try... take 25mcg (equivalent of one grain of ndt, not really that much) every few hours monitoring your response, effects come on quickly and last for 3 or 4 hours (not that I'm suggesting doing that but you could and it wouldn't be unreasonable in my opinion). I took 375 mcg of T3 in one day (equivalent of fifteen grains, inspired by rays story of a women needing 15 grains a day) I just went pretty hyperthyroid with very minor discomfort at moments... no sensationalistic "thyroid storm" that needed some type of medical attention.

Wow, that's amazing, or insane, haha. Very interesting though. I've tried large amounts myself but not 375.
But I believe a grain of thyroid is 38mcg T4 and 9mcg T3, so I don't think 15 grains would be the same as 375 of straight T3.
Not sure how to figure out the T4 to T3 conversion to T3 though, so don't know what the 38mcg of T4 equates to in terms of T3.

ilikecats

@tomisonbottom Im going off of ray peat's (and most practitioners) standard thyroid hormone equivalencies. ray peat said that 25 mcg of T3 is the equivalent of one grain of ndt
"25 mcg of T3 has approximately the activity of a grain (65 mg) of thyroid gland;" - ray peat

Ray obviously likes to start with smaller amounts and keep the dosages physiological to not activate certain negative feedback loops between the thyroid and the liver. But the dosages he's commonly cited didn't do much for me. Rays admitted that some people need larger amounts or even very high amounts (15 grains). Obviously with those very high dosages no matter how you split them up you're going to go way over the threshold he has mentioned (around 3mcg per hour).

Last edited:

cyclops

@tomisonbottom

Ray obviously likes to start with smaller amounts and keep the dosages physiological to not activate certain negative feedback loops between the thyroid and the liver. But the dosages he's commonly cited didn't do much for me. Rays admitted that some people need larger amounts or even very high amounts (15 grains). Obviously with those very high dosages no matter how you split them up you're going to go way over the threshold he has mentioned (around 3mcg per hour).

This has always been what's concerned or confused me about higher amounts of T3. So the reason Ray doesn't recommend more T3 is because it can cause native feedback loops? What are the negative feed back loops that can occur?

ilikecats

@cyclops I don't think theres a rule set in stone but it's something to keep in mind. Im not 100 percent sure on the details to be honest. He's expressed flexibility on this issue when I and other people have asked him about it. Ray mentioned when he'd take 25mcg of T3 at once at the start of the day he would get rebound hyporthyroidism (i think worse than his baseline state at that time) at the end of the day that would occur if more T3 wasn't taken. And that this could be avoided if you split up the dosages through the day. I imagine a large supraphysiological dose of T3 would send a message to the thyroid saying "hey we're all good" and it would lower endogenous production for the day (ray described it this way in one exchange albeit more elegantly lol). And the body optimally makes 4 grains a day so clearly 1 grain isn't enough to make up for that (you're still relying a lot on endogenous thyroid hormone production if you're only taking a grain of ndt (or the equivalent 25mcg of T3) a day. I feel its similar to when someone goes past a certain threshold with testosterone supplementation. Im not sure if theres a direct parallel between test and thyroid but there seems to be a spot where you can be supplementing enough test to lower your own production but not enough to give you the amount of test your body needs resulting in sort of a exogenous testosterone induced hypogonadism (i think one of the methods for "male birth control" works this way, yikes). Obviously the thyroid recovers WAY faster than the testes from suppression. And so it seems with larger daily dosages of T3 this gets to be less of an issue (that is, needing to keep individual T3 doses very small) and obviously as i pointed out you can't follow those physiological guidelines (or even come close to following them) with some of the larger dosages ray has said might be necessary. And also I know of people who take 25mcg of t3 just once per day and they don't get the response that Ray has and they have resolved hypo symtoms with that method of dosing. Just something to keep in mind.

But I don't see ray putting any limits on total T3 supplementation per day if that's what you meant cyclops . Obviously his recommendations are usually conservative and a lot of people can resolve issues with smaller amounts but he's gone on the record of saying he knew someone who needed 15 grains of ndt. Thats 540 mcg of T4 and 135 mcg of T3... dosage equivalency for T3 alone would be 375 mcg.

Last edited:

cyclops

@cyclops I don't think theres a rule set in stone but it's something to keep in mind. Im not 100 percent sure on the details to be honest. He's expressed flexibility on this issue when I and other people have asked him about it. Ray mentioned when he'd take 25mcg of T3 at once at the start of the day he would get rebound hyporthyroidism (i think worse than his baseline state at that time) at the end of the day that would occur if more T3 wasn't taken. And that this could be avoided if you split up the dosages through the day. I imagine a large supraphysiological dose of T3 would send a message to the thyroid saying "hey we're all good" and it would lower endogenous production for the day (ray described it this way in one exchange albeit more elegantly lol). And the body optimally makes 4 grains a day so clearly 1 grain isn't enough to make up for that (you're still relying a lot on endogenous thyroid hormone production if you're only taking a grain of ndt (or the equivalent 25mcg of T3) a day. I feel its similar to when someone goes past a certain threshold with testosterone supplementation. Im not sure if theres a direct parallel between test and thyroid but there seems to be a spot where you can be supplementing enough test to lower your own production but not enough to give you the amount of test your body needs resulting in sort of a exogenous testosterone induced hypogonadism (i think one of the methods for "male birth control" works this way, yikes). Obviously the thyroid recovers WAY faster than the testes from suppression. And so it seems with larger daily dosages of T3 this gets to be less of an issue (that is, needing to keep individual T3 doses very small) and obviously as i pointed out you can't follow those physiological guidelines (or even come close to following them) with some of the larger dosages ray has said might be necessary. And also I know of people who take 25mcg of t3 just once per day and they don't get the response that Ray has and they have resolved hypo symtoms with that method of dosing. Just something to keep in mind.

But I don't see ray putting any limits on total T3 supplementation per day if that's what you meant cyclops . Obviously his recommendations are usually conservative and a lot of people can resolve issues with smaller amounts but he's gone on the record of saying he knew someone who needed 15 grains of ndt. Thats 540 mcg of T4 and 135 mcg of T3... dosage equivalency for T3 alone would be 375 mcg.

Thanks for the response, very helpful. May I ask how you schedule your 100-150mcgs a day? Do you take any t4 as well?

ilikecats

@cyclops I recently went from breaking it up by 24mcg every few hours to 16mcg every couple of hours. Can't say I notice a difference. No I don't take T4 but I'm considering adding some in at bed time (as per rays advice- he thinks T3 levels will drop to0 low while sleeping and that having some T4 in the system would be helpful). I haven't noticed any issues upon waking that would indicate this being the case though. I remember when taking a very large dose of T3 that the effects lasted for around 16-18 hours, maybe longer. Dr. John C. Lowe had extensive clinical experience with using large amounts of T3 to resolve hypothyroid issues and I believe he used a once per day dosing schedule with success. Not that I think that's the best idea, but it's certainly food for thought.

cyclops

@cyclops I recently went from breaking it up by 24mcg every few hours to 16mcg every couple of hours. Can't say I notice a difference. No I don't take T4 but I'm considering adding some in at bed time (as per rays advice- he thinks T3 levels will drop to0 low while sleeping and that having some T4 in the system would be helpful). I haven't noticed any issues upon waking that would indicate this being the case though. I remember when taking a very large dose of T3 that the effects lasted for around 16-18 hours, maybe longer. Dr. John C. Lowe had extensive clinical experience with using large amounts of T3 to resolve hypothyroid issues and I believe he used a once per day dosing schedule with success. Not that I think that's the best idea, but it's certainly food for thought.

Trying something very similar. Trying Tyromix at 3 drops at night which is 9mcg t3/18mcg t4, but its probably not enough t4 if you're gonna use t4 to last through night. May have to try a product with more t4 or just take a much larger dose of Tyromix, knowing that you can use more t3 at once. Maybe 6-8 drops of Tyromix at night would work well.

ddjd

Haidut do you think there's any benefit to taking DHEA alongside Tyronene.

I think that low dose DHEA might very well be significantly reducing the normally Estrogenic reaction I get to T3.

ilikecats

@Andman I’m feeling good. Moods really good but it’s been that way since following peats ideas really seriously. Biggest change has been weight. I’ve lost about 12 pounds over... 4 months I’m gonna say. And I eat very high calorie around the clock.

Andman

@Andman I’m feeling good. Moods really good but it’s been that way since following peats ideas really seriously. Biggest change has been weight. I’ve lost about 12 pounds over... 4 months I’m gonna say. And I eat very high calorie around the clock.

glad to hear it! my recent success with diluted tyronene at approx 1mcg/hour has made me curious about upping that dose a little :D

NommyWommy

I'm a bit confused as in the email depository Ray says:

"I suspect that the thyroid activity had mostly disappeared in the alcohol solution, T3 is extremely easy to inactivate."

Does this mean diluting Tyronene in ethanol is a bad idea?

Thanks

Andman

I'm a bit confused as in the email depository Ray says:

"I suspect that the thyroid activity had mostly disappeared in the alcohol solution, T3 is extremely easy to inactivate."

Does this mean diluting Tyronene in ethanol is a bad idea?

Thanks

n=1, but ive used ~2 year old bottles (stored in a room that can get to 35 degrees celsius in summer) in my experiments and it works fine