Tyronene and Tyromix Doses

trump_1776

Just ordered some Tyronene and Tyromix.
Could anyone help me out? How many mcg's per drop of each?
Thanks

conrad0602

Try 1 drop tyronene in the morning with breakfast for a few days then maybe add 1 drop tyromix in the evening with last meal. See how that goes before adding more. Keep an eye on temperature and pulse rate. Best to see where it's at before starting so you can track any changes.

OP
T

trump_1776

Try 1 drop tyronene in the morning with breakfast for a few days then maybe add 1 drop tyromix in the evening with last meal. See how that goes before adding more. Keep an eye on temperature and pulse rate. Best to see where it's at before starting so you can track any changes.
I have found my body reacts to T3 better taken before bed - my cortisol is messed up from antidepressants and PFS - i'm not normal.

My question was regarding how many micrograms per drop, as I need to know the correct dosing. Previously I would take 6.25mcg of T3 because that's cytomel split into 4's, but it raised my estrogen too high. That's why I decided to get tyronene.

Any idea? From what very few sources I've read, one drop is 8mcg.
On idealabs website, the product page doesn't even explain how many mcgs per drop or per bottle

OP
T

trump_1776

For anyone with the same question:

Vileplume

Did you find your answer on the tyronene thread?

-Tyronene is 8 mcg T3 per drop.
-Tyromix is 6 mcg T4 and 3 mcg T3

One grain is approximately 55 mcg T4 and 15 mcg T3, around a 4:1 or 3:1 ratio like was in original NDT products like Armour. That translates weirdly into tyromix ratios, but I guess six drops of tyromix is roughly a grain. Dr. Peat often recommends people start with 1/2 a grain, but Broda Barnes often started people on a full grain. Then, use your waking temperature as a guide to increase your dose 1/2 grain every 2 weeks until your waking temperature reaches 97.8-98.2 degrees.

I think in general, keeping T3 to no more than 10 mcg at once with food, and 5 mcg at once without food, is safe, at least to start.

OP
T

trump_1776

8mcg per drop
Did you find your answer on the tyronene thread?

-Tyronene is 8 mcg T3 per drop.
-Tyromix is 6 mcg T4 and 3 mcg T3

One grain is approximately 55 mcg T4 and 15 mcg T3, around a 4:1 or 3:1 ratio like was in original NDT products like Armour. That translates weirdly into tyromix ratios, but I guess six drops of tyromix is roughly a grain. Dr. Peat often recommends people start with 1/2 a grain, but Broda Barnes often started people on a full grain. Then, use your waking temperature as a guide to increase your dose 1/2 grain every 2 weeks until your waking temperature reaches 97.8-98.2 degrees.

I think in general, keeping T3 to no more than 10 mcg at once with food, and 5 mcg at once without food, is safe, at least to start.
Thank you for taking the time with your response, it is greatly appreciated.

I've tried NDT. It illicits the same response as T4 only for me - I become apathetic. Uniterested in life, and lack joy. Both completely nuke my sex drive and make my scrotum tense up.
T3, at night, increases my sex drive, loosens my testicles, and makes me have pretty happy - but I tend to either overdose (by nature of how small i can split the pills) or just jump the gun and try taking it in the A.M. which makes me feel sedated.

I don't know how an extended release would work for T3 only.

Vileplume

8mcg per drop

Thank you for taking the time with your response, it is greatly appreciated.

I've tried NDT. It illicits the same response as T4 only for me - I become apathetic. Uniterested in life, and lack joy. Both completely nuke my sex drive and make my scrotum tense up.
T3, at night, increases my sex drive, loosens my testicles, and makes me have pretty happy - but I tend to either overdose (by nature of how small i can split the pills) or just jump the gun and try taking it in the A.M. which makes me feel sedated.

I don't know how an extended release would work for T3 only.
Definitely sounds like that positive sex drive, gonadal, mood function is a boost in thyroid. That's a great indicator that you're doing something right in those cases. Do you take your temperature during those times, and at waking too, to see if you have boosted temperature when you feel good?

Also, when you take it earlier in the day, do you wait until right after breakfast? It's important to make sure you have food in your system. You could try smaller doses earlier in the day, after food, to spread it out. I think in general, just one larger dose of T3 per day could be problematic, because it can make you hypothyroid if you don't re-dose multiple times in a day. That's why, with T3 only, Peat usually recommends taking smaller doses several times per day, with food. Some people on this forum dilute tyronene down to smaller amounts by mixing it with MCT oil, or even vodka I think.

You could also check out this thread: Circadian T3 Method - why taking thyroid hormone at the proper time is important. Some find a benefit in taking T3 in the early morning hours, a few hours before they wake up, because that's when cortisol production is highest, if I understand correctly.

You could play around with different ratios of T4:T3. For a while I didn't tolerate any T4, but after a week or so feeling good with just T3, I began to tolerate some T4 and I gradually increased the dose.

OP
T

trump_1776

Definitely sounds like that positive sex drive, gonadal, mood function is a boost in thyroid. That's a great indicator that you're doing something right in those cases. Do you take your temperature during those times, and at waking too, to see if you have boosted temperature when you feel good?

Also, when you take it earlier in the day, do you wait until right after breakfast? It's important to make sure you have food in your system. You could try smaller doses earlier in the day, after food, to spread it out. I think in general, just one larger dose of T3 per day could be problematic, because it can make you hypothyroid if you don't re-dose multiple times in a day. That's why, with T3 only, Peat usually recommends taking smaller doses several times per day, with food. Some people on this forum dilute tyronene down to smaller amounts by mixing it with MCT oil, or even vodka I think.

You could also check out this thread: Circadian T3 Method - why taking thyroid hormone at the proper time is important. Some find a benefit in taking T3 in the early morning hours, a few hours before they wake up, because that's when cortisol production is highest, if I understand correctly.

You could play around with different ratios of T4:T3. For a while I didn't tolerate any T4, but after a week or so feeling good with just T3, I began to tolerate some T4 and I gradually increased the dose.
I've never monitored my temperature. I'll admit most of my thyroid experiments have been sporadic at best, and thus has sporadic results.
I had also been drinking coffee around the same time as the thyroid meds. I've recently quit caffeine (10 days) and that's part of the reason I've planned on reintroducing.

Regardless of the circumstances, and I totally get what you're saying, anything with t4 in it just doesn't seem to do me any good. It really does make me very bland. However, I think your idea of monitoring temps and also potentially adding in t4 after some stability makes sense.

Also, I'll actually be diluting the t3 i receive in another vial so that its 1mcg per drop. My sneaking suspicion is that I'm subclinically hypo, and thus I overdosed t3 in the past by dosing 6.25 or even 3mcg. For me, an overdose in t3 presents as high estrogen, I'm assuming from an over activation of the testes. (At one point in time, even had pain in left nipple, stopped immediately)

This time around, I'm going to start really small.

OP
T

trump_1776

Are you male or female?

Vileplume

Any sexual benefits to optimizing thyroid?
For sure. Optimizing thyroid, measured by body temps primarily, improves the function of every cell and organ in the body. Fixing hypothyroidism means sexual benefits, mood benefits, cognitive benefits, sleep benefits, physical benefits.

OP
T

trump_1776

For sure. Optimizing thyroid, measured by body temps primarily, improves the function of every cell and organ in the body. Fixing hypothyroidism means sexual benefits, mood benefits, cognitive benefits, sleep benefits, physical benefits.
Oh, I meant personally to you, not as a whole. I just started the t3 last night. Energy benefits immediately noticed
1mcg at night.

Vileplume

Oh, I meant personally to you, not as a whole. I just started the t3 last night. Energy benefits immediately noticed
1mcg at night.
Yes, I have personally noticed sexual benefits. Mostly, my sexual function correlates with my digestion. When I avoid bloating and have satisfying elimination, my sexual function improves in parallel with it. I think it’s because intestinal function has such a strong impact on the nervous system, which is tightly connected with sexual function.

The most noticeable benefit that I’ve gotten from thyroid has been mood and verbal fluency improvement. I used to be awkward in conversation, always getting inside my own head (even in the midst of conversation) so I would lose my train of thought all the time. It made it difficult to have meaningful or complex discussion, for example with my smarty pants uncle. But after taking thyroid, my focus is so much better that I can develop complex thoughts and verbalize them in conversation, on the fly.

I know that was a bit unrelated to what you asked, but it’s awesome to hear you’ve already experienced energy benefits. I found the same immediately after starting T3. I hope you find major continued and increasing benefits from thyroid supplementation. Keep us updated.

OP
T

trump_1776

Yes, I have personally noticed sexual benefits. Mostly, my sexual function correlates with my digestion. When I avoid bloating and have satisfying elimination, my sexual function improves in parallel with it. I think it’s because intestinal function has such a strong impact on the nervous system, which is tightly connected with sexual function.

The most noticeable benefit that I’ve gotten from thyroid has been mood and verbal fluency improvement. I used to be awkward in conversation, always getting inside my own head (even in the midst of conversation) so I would lose my train of thought all the time. It made it difficult to have meaningful or complex discussion, for example with my smarty pants uncle. But after taking thyroid, my focus is so much better that I can develop complex thoughts and verbalize them in conversation, on the fly.

I know that was a bit unrelated to what you asked, but it’s awesome to hear you’ve already experienced energy benefits. I found the same immediately after starting T3. I hope you find major continued and increasing benefits from thyroid supplementation. Keep us updated.
Will do, thanks!