TyroMix - Liquid T3/T4 Mix For Lab/R&D

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am pleased to announce the release of TyroMix - a combination of synthetic T3/T4 hormones dissolved in SFA esters and ethanol.
The naturally found concentrations in the thyroid gland of animals of T4 and T3 are usually in a ratio of 4:1 or 5:1 and this ratio is most commonly found in NDT products like Armour. However, in hypothyroid organisms this high ratio of T4 to T3 can lead to rapid inactivation of T4 into reverse T3 (rT3) and thus worsen symptoms of hypothyroidism. According to Ray Peat, in hypothyroid states a much more desirable ratio would be 3:1 or even 2:1. It is the 2:1 ratio that the TyroMix provides for research/lab purposes.
There is no need for references on this product, so in this thread I am just providing the basic information on the ingredients and concentration per drop.

The units listed on the label are just for measurement purposes. They do not indicate suggested or optimal dose. Please note that similar to the products sold by companies like BlueSky, this product if for lab/research use only. The product can be ordered from the link below:
IdeaLabs Online Store - Worldwide Ordering And Delivery - Laboratory Research Chemicals

Triiodothyronine (T3) is the active thyroid hormone. It is synthesized from thyroxine (T4) and some other thyroid percursors, primarily in the liver. It affects almost every physiological process in the body, including growth and development, metabolism, body temperature, and heart rate. The combination of synthetic T4 and T3 provided by TyroMix has been extensively studied over the last 50 years.

Drops per container: about 360
Each drop contains the following ingredients:

Levothyroxine (T4) sodium, USP: 6 mcg
Liothyronine (T3) sodium, USP: 3 mcg

Other ingredients: add product to shopping cart to see info

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Can you help find research on the 2:1 ratio?

It's Ray's suggestion for hypothyroid organisms. For very severe cases he even says pure T3 is better with T4/T3 mix taken only at night.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

Should this be dosed topically on the lab ray or orally? Would one be more effective than the other?

I prefer topical but both routes can be used depending on what the rat prefers. Some rats do not like the effects of DMSO on skin and the aftertaste it gives them but in the doses used in TyroMix the aftertaste should not be an issue.

Bodhi

Is it just like pure T3 wise to spread it over the day?

Like a drop every 2 hours?

Cheers

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is it just like pure T3 wise to spread it over the day?

Like a drop every 2 hours?

Cheers

What do you mean "is it just like pure T3"? It is not just like, it IS pure T3. So, however you found the other T3 to be effectively administered this should be no different.

Bodhi

Pure T 3 should be spread over a day...

Tyromix also contains T4 that is why i'm asking

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Pure T 3 should be spread over a day...

Tyromix also contains T4 that is why i'm asking

Oh I see, my mistake. Well, actually any thyroid should probably not be taken in a single large dose as even in the presence of T3 excess T4 will still convert into rT3. So, I would use several times a day on the rats. Personally, I tried it 3 times a day in a dose of 4 drops and it worked well. Actually a bit better than Tyronene, which made me a bit sleepy (which is not a bad thing btw).

Bodhi

Great !

Thanks i will first experiment with T3 only for a few months, my rats have low cortisol and when winter kicks in i can notice better if their high Rt3 comes down and their cortisol will go up with T3 only, if that works i can switch to this and see if they still do well on it...

Keep ya posted!