TyroMix - Liquid T3/T4 Mix For Lab/R&D

jaakkima

Getting the dose optimized. Turns out to only be like 2 drops a day. Using too much is no bueno.

jaakkima

I'm curious how long this stuff should last. I've heard from someone else about liquid T3 products degrading quickly. At 2 drops a day a bottle will be sitting around half a year for me.

Soren

Forum Supporter
My rat has been using this for about a month and I thought I would post some of feedback and thoughts. Dose for the rat has been one dose in the morning and one at night and then afte ra few weeks upping the dose to one in the morning and two in the evening. Previously using Tyromax he would get heart palpitations even at very small doses (one drop), probably from excess T4 causing reverse T3 and which lead to excess adrenaline and heart palpitations. On tyromix there have been no aforementioned heart palpitations.

Also one of the biggest problems he had when not on some form of thyroid was the presence of lots of knee pain. With tyromix knee pain is completely gone. Recently he had a long day of moving lots of heavy furniture and tools from 9am-10pm. Normally he would have a ton of knee pain after a day like this but whilst on tyromix he had absolutely none. Interesting note, when the rat used a higher dose too soon he actually had increased knee pain as well as aches and pains in other parts of his body, which would dissipate after he ate a meal with lots of carbs, salt and saturated fat.

denise

My rat has been on TyroMix for about 6 weeks now, and I thought I'd give an update. She's had a completely positive experience. As I mentioned in my first report after only a week, both mood and digestion were clearly improved (and temps are perfect). But one thing I've realized is that thyroid, though awesome, cannot (or hasn't yet) solved all my poor little rat's problems. She still has recurring problems with both depression and IBS/bloating, and just this week I finally started documenting her food/supps every day, along with notes on mood, and have started seeing the clear connection between those two things. For example, on the drive home from work yesterday her mood tanked for no clear reason. Ten minutes later she was bloated like a puffer fish again. Early this week she was in a deep funk for days--it just so happened that she was having a lot of IBS-type issues those days too. So although TyroMix takes the edge off, and makes it so that the depressive and digestive episodes are shorter than previously (thank heaven!), she still definitely has more work to do. I'm just glad to have finally realized the causal (rather than just casual) connection between the depression/IBS.

As far as dosage, she generally uses one drop AM, 2 drops PM, although this morning she accidentally used 2 drops, and her energy has been quite high--on the verge of jittery, but still just this side of pleasant. I made sure to feed her lots so she didn't crash.

Soren

Forum Supporter
My rat has been on TyroMix for about 6 weeks now, and I thought I'd give an update. She's had a completely positive experience. As I mentioned in my first report after only a week, both mood and digestion were clearly improved (and temps are perfect). But one thing I've realized is that thyroid, though awesome, cannot (or hasn't yet) solved all my poor little rat's problems. She still has recurring problems with both depression and IBS/bloating, and just this week I finally started documenting her food/supps every day, along with notes on mood, and have started seeing the clear connection between those two things. For example, on the drive home from work yesterday her mood tanked for no clear reason. Ten minutes later she was bloated like a puffer fish again. Early this week she was in a deep funk for days--it just so happened that she was having a lot of IBS-type issues those days too. So although TyroMix takes the edge off, and makes it so that the depressive and digestive episodes are shorter than previously (thank heaven!), she still definitely has more work to do. I'm just glad to have finally realized the causal (rather than just casual) connection between the depression/IBS.

As far as dosage, she generally uses one drop AM, 2 drops PM, although this morning she accidentally used 2 drops, and her energy has been quite high--on the verge of jittery, but still just this side of pleasant. I made sure to feed her lots so she didn't crash.
H

Have you thought about your rats serotonin status? My rat found that high serotonin levels hugely affected his mood. And there is plenty of evidence of serotonin being implicated in depression. I would give Peats article on Serotonin a thourough read; Link: Serotonin, depression, and aggression: The Problem of Brain Energy.

Also possibly looking into a way to reducing your rats serotonin levels, raw carrot salad and charcoal are two ways of doing it but so are things like Metergoline and Ritanserin.

denise

H

Have you thought about your rats serotonin status? My rat found that high serotonin levels hugely affected his mood. And there is plenty of evidence of serotonin being implicated in depression. I would give Peats article on Serotonin a thourough read; Link: Serotonin, depression, and aggression: The Problem of Brain Energy.

Also possibly looking into a way to reducing your rats serotonin levels, raw carrot salad and charcoal are two ways of doing it but so are things like Metergoline and Ritanserin.
That's exactly what's been on my mind this week! I've been scouring the forum for info and am formulating an anti-serotonin battle plan. I read that article a while back but think I'll read it again and take notes. If my dietary measures don't make a real difference, I'll start looking into things like Metergoline too. (I'd buy the Metergoline right this minute if I didn't have to give my rat a spending limit at Idealabs! :D )

skittles

Hey, so..
I'm probably being a little stubborn, but I've been experimenting and trying to figure everything else for myself, as I've pretty much lost faith in doctors after repeatedly not being taken seriously, and repeatedly being turned down for comprehensive hormone testing.
Anywho.....

My rat had most of the symptoms of hypothyroid, so it only made sense to finally take the plunge and give Tyromix a shot. So he's been on Tyromix for probably about two weeks now. The first day, I thought a good dose might be two drops in the morning, and two in the afternoon. But that was too much, and he woke up at 2:30AM having a full-blown panic attack.

I halved that dose to one drop in the morning, and one in the afternoon, and everything seemed to be going pretty well. Finally his mood is great, digestion is great, appetite is through the roof, libido is great, feeling less introverted. But last night around 7PM while hanging out with some rat friends, my rat had another crazy panic attack.
Pounding heart, shaking, crazy pins and needles in hands, most focused in left arm. It's as if the blood immediately got too thick to get through the veins properly. Fear (possibly irrational?) of an imminent heart attack or something. After about 20 minutes of this, I gave the rat an aspirin and some water, and I realized he was really hungry. So I fed the rat some shepherd's pie, and the symptoms faded away pretty quickly.

I'm beginning to think that this is an RT3 issue. Either that or he's just not eating enough.
Should I immediately discontinue Tyromix? Titrate down? Try a T3-only supplement? Or just encourage the rat to eat more? It seems there has been a lot of benefits from Tyromix in the past couple weeks, but the panic attacks make it a little scary to continue.

PS Fairly Peaty. Eggs and OJ for breakfast, frozen fruit and cheese for snacks, coffee with milk and sugar, shrimp a couple times a week, liver once a week, milk and potatoes with coconut oil and salt for supper. Some not-so-textbook-Peaty foods here and there (pasta, burgers, stuff like that), but trying to keep it simple. Primarily just trying to keep PUFA very low and carbs fairly high. I haven't noticed a correlation between a certain food and the panic attacks.

Rtm320

Wondering if anyone has experienced joint pain while on Tyromix and what that might mean? My knees have started hurting recently, achey when I have to bend down...?

M

marikay

Wondering if anyone has experienced joint pain while on Tyromix and what that might mean? My knees have started hurting recently, achey when I have to bend down...?

Mine hurt a little too. It seems that the TyroMix is lowering my cortisol level which is mostly a good thing but will reveal some aches and pains that the higher cortisol was masking.

Aspirin helps a lot.

Cheers.

Rtm320

Mine hurt a little too. It seems that the TyroMix is lowering my cortisol level which is mostly a good thing but will reveal some aches and pains that the higher cortisol was masking.

Aspirin helps a lot.

Cheers.
That's interesting, thanks very much for your reply.

< Rain

Great !

Thanks i will first experiment with T3 only for a few months, my rats have low cortisol and when winter kicks in i can notice better if their high Rt3 comes down and their cortisol will go up with T3 only, if that works i can switch to this and see if they still do well on it...

Keep ya posted!
Licorice Root can mimic Cortisol. I put a little powder in my morning coffee.

scarlettsmum

I have ordered some today to treat a lump in my breast. What would be a really sensible approach for someone just starting with history of anxiety? When do you measure and track your temps? I plan on taking my temps and pulse first thing in the morning. Any other times? I want to go for a very cautious but also very simple approach, if that is possible. Ideally I would take as few temps/pulse readings throughout the day, really just what is absolutely necessary since I have problems with compliance when instructions become too difficult to stick to. Thank you!

barbparadise

Is anyone on the forum taking more than 12 drops a day? I'm taking 2 doses of 6 drops morning and evening. My temps have not improved (96.9 - 97.4) and my pulse is consistent in the 80 - 84 range. I started with 2 doses of 2 drops. Just wondering if I should stick with it or go back to my NDT. My temps were low with it also. I feel OK otherwise. Maybe a little dry skin and insomnia and leg cramps periodically. My energy level seems good.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
My rat has been using this for about a month and I thought I would post some of feedback and thoughts. Dose for the rat has been one dose in the morning and one at night and then afte ra few weeks upping the dose to one in the morning and two in the evening. Previously using Tyromax he would get heart palpitations even at very small doses (one drop), probably from excess T4 causing reverse T3 and which lead to excess adrenaline and heart palpitations. On tyromix there have been no aforementioned heart palpitations.

Also one of the biggest problems he had when not on some form of thyroid was the presence of lots of knee pain. With tyromix knee pain is completely gone. Recently he had a long day of moving lots of heavy furniture and tools from 9am-10pm. Normally he would have a ton of knee pain after a day like this but whilst on tyromix he had absolutely none. Interesting note, when the rat used a higher dose too soon he actually had increased knee pain as well as aches and pains in other parts of his body, which would dissipate after he ate a meal with lots of carbs, salt and saturated fat.

Excellent, thanks for the feedback!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Great, thanks for sharing!

denise

I have ordered some today to treat a lump in my breast. What would be a really sensible approach for someone just starting with history of anxiety? When do you measure and track your temps? I plan on taking my temps and pulse first thing in the morning. Any other times? I want to go for a very cautious but also very simple approach, if that is possible. Ideally I would take as few temps/pulse readings throughout the day, really just what is absolutely necessary since I have problems with compliance when instructions become too difficult to stick to. Thank you!

It seems like most people start with 2 drops (one AM, one before bed) and see how it goes. Temps first thing, and then maybe after one or more meals to see how it changes? I'm not great about consistently monitoring either. One thing I do sometimes is just set the thermometer on the bathroom counter, and then I'll take my temp when I happen to go in there. It's a bit random that way, but better than nothing. It would be good to check heartrate as well.

Is anyone on the forum taking more than 12 drops a day? I'm taking 2 doses of 6 drops morning and evening. My temps have not improved (96.9 - 97.4) and my pulse is consistent in the 80 - 84 range. I started with 2 doses of 2 drops. Just wondering if I should stick with it or go back to my NDT. My temps were low with it also. I feel OK otherwise. Maybe a little dry skin and insomnia and leg cramps periodically. My energy level seems good.
Wow, 12 drops?!? I would be in the hospital if I used that much! I wonder what else is going on. Have you ever tried just T3?

Speaking of using lots of drops... a week or so ago I wrote about accidentally using a 4th drop and the extra energy my rat got from it. Well, I decided to keep it up. I was hoping for more of that energy but also figured that with the seasons changing, my rat would probably need more soon anyway. Starting last Sunday, my rat's insomnia got much worse. She was having intermittent headaches, was hungry all the time, and just felt weird. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with her, and (unfortunately, in this case) started using things like aspirin, MB, red light to try to give her a boost. I certainly did boost her temps... On Tuesday night it got up to about 100.4! It wasn't until late Wednesday night that I suddenly realized, You idiot! You're overdosing on thyroid! So I stopped using it for a day and a half, until the rat's temps got back down to 98.6. (She had been at least 99 for a week straight.)

It seems like half my posts about Idealabs supps are "OMG this is a amazing!" and half are "OMG I'm an idiot!"

barbparadise

It seems like most people start with 2 drops (one AM, one before bed) and see how it goes. Temps first thing, and then maybe after one or more meals to see how it changes? I'm not great about consistently monitoring either. One thing I do sometimes is just set the thermometer on the bathroom counter, and then I'll take my temp when I happen to go in there. It's a bit random that way, but better than nothing. It would be good to check heartrate as well.

Wow, 12 drops?!? I would be in the hospital if I used that much! I wonder what else is going on. Have you ever tried just T3?

Speaking of using lots of drops... a week or so ago I wrote about accidentally using a 4th drop and the extra energy my rat got from it. Well, I decided to keep it up. I was hoping for more of that energy but also figured that with the seasons changing, my rat would probably need more soon anyway. Starting last Sunday, my rat's insomnia got much worse. She was having intermittent headaches, was hungry all the time, and just felt weird. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with her, and (unfortunately, in this case) started using things like aspirin, MB, red light to try to give her a boost. I certainly did boost her temps... On Tuesday night it got up to about 100.4! It wasn't until late Wednesday night that I suddenly realized, You idiot! You're overdosing on thyroid! So I stopped using it for a day and a half, until the rat's temps got back down to 98.6. (She had been at least 99 for a week straight.)

It seems like half my posts about Idealabs supps are "OMG this is a amazing!" and half are "OMG I'm an idiot!"
I have been diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis 18 years ago and have been on armour or other NDT so I would expect that my dosage would be a little higher than some. I plan to get lab work in another week or two so I can see how Tyromix is working.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
When do you measure and track your temps? I plan on taking my temps and pulse first thing in the morning
I believe about an hour after breakfast and mid afternoon are other good times to check.

scarlettsmum

Thank you Denise. I was thinking to just start with one in the morning just to be on the safe side, maybe give it few days or a week and then proceed to two. I guess temps and pulse will tell. Your idea leaving it in the bathroom is s good tip. Better than not measuring at all as you said. Btw. your commentary regarding idealabs supplements made me laugh. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals