TyroMix - Liquid T3/T4 Mix For Lab/R&D

sun-maid

think tyromix kicked my hair loss and dandruff back into gear. have been off now for a couple weeks.

Try to get more vitamin A via Ruminant liver. Thyroid increase requirement for vitamin a, magnesium also.

shine

Tyromix and calcium binding? Can you please elaborate what you mean? I subsist off of milk and take tyromix orally so this post concerned me. Thanks Dave
I am not Dave but will answer anyways. Thyroid hormone uptake can be interfered with by calcium, iron and some fibers. Some people advise to take thyroid an hour or two before or after meals but to be honest, I've not noticed any detrimental effects. I always take my thyroid with my meals.

Amazoniac

Tyromix and calcium binding? Can you please elaborate what you mean? I subsist off of milk and take tyromix orally so this post concerned me. Thanks Dave
I am not Dave but will answer anyways. Thyroid hormone uptake can be interfered with by calcium, iron and some fibers. Some people advise to take thyroid an hour or two before or after meals but to be honest, I've not noticed any detrimental effects. I always take my thyroid with my meals.
Check this publication out.

Dannyb

@haidut what is the absorption rate on this for topical application? Meaning, is it similar to topical vitamins where you need to scale up the dosage compared to oral consumption

Sumbody

@haidut what is the absorption rate on this for topical application? Meaning, is it similar to topical vitamins where you need to scale up the dosage compared to oral consumption
You would be better off taking the product sub-lingually.

If you scan through the above posts you will see my experience using topically and it had zero effect on blood serum levels.

Then I believe someone chimed in about thyroid being deactivated through the skin.

forterpride

If you scan through the above posts you will see my experience using topically and it had zero effect on blood serum levels.

Then I believe someone chimed in about thyroid being deactivated through the skin.
I wrote idealabs last week and they responded to me that tyromix topically has longer half life than orally and that less is needed topically. Now I don’t know what to think. @haidut

forterpride

So do you think a glass of milks calcium is enough for this “calcium binding” to happen and reduce effects of tyromix? Or are we talking like taking it with a calcium supplement would do this. I’m kinda stuck because my mom starts her day with milk and tyromix and I suggested to her to take it topically instead because of this binding thing...but a forum poster also said when they took tyromix topically it didn’t affect their serum levels at all so they think topically is useless. I’m between a rock and a hard place on what to have my mom do. :(

boris

@forterpride Did you see the link amazoniac sent you? It says in there that a liquid thyroid supplement had no such effects, only the tablet form did.

Although I use it in tablet form with milk and it seems to work fine, too.

forterpride

@forterpride Did you see the link amazoniac sent you? It says in there that a liquid thyroid supplement had no such effects, only the tablet form did.

Although I use it in tablet form with milk and it seems to work fine, too.
Fantastic. Thank you. So calcium binding is of no concern with liquid thyroid. Gotcha. Thanks man.

edit: not to nitpick but the study was done with T4. You think liquid T3 would also avoid the binding issue? Thanks.

Sumbody

I wrote idealabs last week and they responded to me that tyromix topically has longer half life than orally and that less is needed topically. Now I don’t know what to think. @haidut
I took it topically for 3-4 months and had some feelings that it was doing something, but showed no change in TSH, T3 or T4.

IdeaLabs is only permitted to endorse the topical use of their products but there are other ways to get the product into the body. Some are more effective than others.

forterpride

I took it topically for 3-4 months and had some feelings that it was doing something, but showed no change in TSH, T3 or T4.

IdeaLabs is only permitted to endorse the topical use of their products but there are other ways to get the product into the body. Some are more effective than others.
Do you mind if I ask how much you took? Also...do you think this same phenomenon also applies to K2? My dad has super high calcium score and I started telling him to take it topically since the OP of Haiduts K2 thread he said tópical would mean much less is needed than orally. But now I’m scared he won’t be getting it into his system after reading your experience with topical tyromix.

Sumbody

Do you mind if I ask how much you took? Also...do you think this same phenomenon also applies to K2? My dad has super high calcium score and I started telling him to take it topically since the OP of Haiduts K2 thread he said tópical would mean much less is needed than orally. But now I’m scared he won’t be getting it into his system after reading your experience with topical tyromix.
I feel like I was using about 3-4 drops, 3-4 times a day.

I typically take most of the IdeaLabs products either sublingually or orally in which I will place something like Energin in a capsule and swallow it. But I have used Energin topically on my feet and felt perhaps a sustained release effect.

I take Tyronene sublingual about 3-4 drops, 3-4 times a day, usually after meals. Although, it should be understood, some foods and even smoking can interfere with sublingual absorption. Last time I tested, T3 was in the higher end range.

I usually take Energin, Estroban, in capsules. K2 sublingualy since it doesn't taste too bad. I will even take Androsterone sublingualy if I have it around. Other steroids, etc.

I do use Retinol with the vitamin E oil topically on my face every once in a while for positive effects on the skin.

forterpride

IdeaLabs is only permitted to endorse the topical use of their products but there are other ways to get the product into the body. Some are more effective than others
Did you see measurable differences in your labs once you switched from topically to orally? Thanks.

Sumbody

Did you see measurable differences in your labs once you switched from topically to orally? Thanks.
Here is how things went for me while using Tyromix topically. It's possible I was using too much, but I took several drops before the test which should have been reflected in the lab results on T4.

I have been using Tyromix for about 3 months now. I started slowly, and worked my way up, and am now at 4-6 drops about 5-6 times a day. Placed upon backsides of hands, inner elbows, wrists, etc.

Lab Results Sep. 28th BEFORE

TSH: 7.9 uIU/ml Standard Range 0.4 - 4.2 uIU/mL
Free T4: 0.9 ng/dl Standard Range 0.8 - 1.7 ng/dL

Lab Results Dec. 20th AFTER

TSH: 10.0 uIU/mL Standard Range 0.4 - 4.2 uIU/mL
Free T4: 0.9 ng/dL Standard Range 0.8 - 1.7 ng/dL
Total T3: 107 ng/dL Standard Range 50 - 170 ng/dL

I haven't tested lately but about a year ago my TSH was something like 4.x (hopefully trending down now) T4 was 1.2-1.4 I think, and T3 was 153.

Need to test again soon, but I feel worlds different from where I was during the time period of that quote in Dec 2019.

Neo

it under your tongue straight from the bottle would

I gave my rat 2 drops sublingually straight from the bottle and it caused some irritation, like a burning sensation. I assume you dilute it or do sth that would cause the alcohol to evaporate first?

Sumbody

I gave my rat 2 drops sublingually straight from the bottle and it caused some irritation, like a burning sensation. I assume you dilute it or do sth that would cause the alcohol to evaporate first?
No, burning sensation is normal due to the ethanol in the product. Sometimes burns more or less.

It doesn't bother me, I do not dilute the product. Just part of the program I suppose.

Similar to using a mouthwash product that contains alcohol. You will experience some slight burning or irritation. It is sterilizing the area where you are applying the product to.

cats

Fantastic. Thank you. So calcium binding is of no concern with liquid thyroid. Gotcha. Thanks man.

edit: not to nitpick but the study was done with T4. You think liquid T3 would also avoid the binding issue? Thanks.
In that study the T4 was taken 1 hour before a meal, while the calcium and iron were taken 2 to 4 hours after the T4. So it still doesn't answer the question of whether ingesting liquid T4 simultaneously with these minerals would inhibit absorption.

forterpride

In that study the T4 was taken 1 hour before a meal, while the calcium and iron were taken 2 to 4 hours after the T4. So it still doesn't answer the question of whether ingesting liquid T4 simultaneously with these minerals would inhibit absorption.
Damn. Good catch. Thanks.

Neo

No, burning sensation is normal due to the ethanol in the product. Sometimes burns more or less.

It doesn't bother me, I do not dilute the product. Just part of the program I suppose.

Similar to using a mouthwash product that contains alcohol. You will experience some slight burning or irritation. It is sterilizing the area where you are applying the product to.
Ok thanks! Did it again and it didn't cause irritation, i just dropped it from a little higher and looked in the mirror to assure i didn't drop it in the same irritated spot