TyroMix - Liquid T3/T4 Mix For Lab/R&D

Progesterone

Topical, rubbing it in to the crease of the elbow. 1 drop 3 times per day.

Thanks Fletcher!

Are you still finding Tyromix good for your hair?

Do you notice less shedding and thicker hair effect or just same shedding but hair is looking fuller?

I am on 100mg/oral progesterone right now, day 5, and shedding has stopped dead in it's tracks! BUT my body temp is very low as usual... :( I have low thyroid for sure. You ever tried progesterone for hair btw?

Fletcher

Hair is not shedding and has more life in it. I haven't tried progesterone for hair.

Progesterone

Hair is not shedding and has more life in it. I haven't tried progesterone for hair.

I think I had more shedding on tyromix... perhaps ill have to try it again....

are you certain? any increased shedding at first or not at all???

Stramonium

Does anybody else's rat experience vivid/lucid dreaming since starting dosing it Tyromix? What would it mean?

managing

Does anybody else's rat experience vivid/lucid dreaming since starting dosing it Tyromix? What would it mean?
I did. It became more "normal" pretty quickly. But i"ve often not dreamed. I welcome the dreaming. Think it may simply be a return to more normal circadian rhythms.

grenade

I am currently taking 6 drops daily, divided up into 3 doses. So far, it has not yet had an effect on my basal temperature (which remains in the mid 97s). However, my midday temperatures have been consistently 98.6-99.0, whereas it hovered around 98.6 before.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am currently taking 6 drops daily, divided up into 3 doses. So far, it has not yet had an effect on my basal temperature (which remains in the mid 97s). However, my midday temperatures have been consistently 98.6-99.0, whereas it hovered around 98.6 before.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

managing

What significance (if any) do you think there would be to applying tyromix to the throat in the vicinity of the thyroid gland itself?

Progesterone

Excellent, thanks for sharing. With T4/T3 combo daily use is not always needed, only pure T3 needs daily use. Also, using other pro-thyroid substances like progesterone and/or androsterone may also increase thyroid function so daily usage of not always needed. I would go by temps and pulse symptoms as well as blood cholesterol and CO2. If these are OK with non-daily use then staying with the non-daily regimen is probably OK.

I may play around with this now... and now go over 1 drop.

I think I got carried away with dosage before.. and it caused shedding (although I felt fantastic).

I think there's a balance.

DaveFoster

I heard you mention of a 1:3 or even 1:2 T3 to T4 ratio as more optimal than a 1 to 4 ratio. When would the 1:2 be preferred to 1:3; is it only in a particular type of person (older for example), or would it also be preferred in a younger person?

Dr. Peat: "Women and older people generally have reduced conversion of T4 to T3, but anyone with liver malfunction is similar."

Progesterone

I heard you mention of a 1:3 or even 1:2 T3 to T4 ratio as more optimal than a 1 to 4 ratio. When would the 1:2 be preferred to 1:3; is it only in a particular type of person (older for example), or would it also be preferred in a younger person?

Dr. Peat: "Women and older people generally have reduced conversion of T4 to T3, but anyone with liver malfunction is similar."

Hi Dave,

May I ask why you were using T3-only at one point and now you are on Tyromix, correct? why exactly?

DaveFoster

Hi Dave,

May I ask why you were using T3-only at one point and now you are on Tyromix, correct? why exactly?
I felt initially good on T3 only, but after a short while it lost its effectiveness, and I became hypothyroid easily and could not recover without taking large amounts of T3 (which made me anxious due to the fear of becoming dangerously hyperthyroid, and it still failed to guard my mental state against stress.)

Ecstatichamster reported a similar experience with T3, and Dr. Peat has mentioned something similar. T4 adds some stability to the conversion into T3, where the liver regulates the circulating T4 and tissues can metabolize it into T3 as needed.

You'll find a minority of people who do well on T3 without T4, and most function best on both.

Progesterone

I felt initially good on T3 only, but after a short while it lost its effectiveness, and I became hypothyroid easily and could not recover without taking large amounts of T3 (which made me anxious due to the fear of becoming dangerously hyperthyroid, and it still failed to guard my mental state against stress.)

Ecstatichamster reported a similar experience with T3, and Dr. Peat has mentioned something similar. T4 adds some stability to the conversion into T3.

You'll find a minority of people who do well on T3 without T4, and most do best on both.

That is extremely interesting and excellent info to know, thanks Dave!

Right now everyone is seemingly on T3 as it's all the rage due to no chance to raise RT3... but... well, there's entire debates on RT3, as well. :)

DaveFoster

That is extremely interesting and excellent info to know, thanks Dave!

Right now everyone is seemingly on T3 as it's all the rage due to no chance to raise RT3... but... well, there's entire debates on RT3, as well. :)
No problem. Read the second part of my post above, as I updated it. In the elderly and in those with estrogen dominance (for whatever reason), T4 by itself or even NDT or a synthetic T3:T4 1 to 4 ratio can elevate RT3, but with a T3 to T4 ratio of 1 to 3 the chance reduces significantly, and further with a ratio of 1 to 2 the chance becomes very unlikely.

Caffeine can aid the T3 to T4 conversion, as can most things that support liver function (taurine, vitamin E, progesterone, pregnenolone, thiamine, aspirin and so on), but simply shifting the T3 to T4 ratio in favor of T3 until lab tests show minimal RT3 conversion can be enough to guarantee strong thyroid function in the context of a good diet.

sladerunner69

I'm wondering if this product is now being dissolved in the saturated fat oils, and not the dmso? I'm assuming ti is but would like to be sure.

I'm also curious if anyone recommends using NDT over synthetic hormone for any particular reason?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals