TyroMix - Liquid T3/T4 Mix For Lab/R&D

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you have to request it?

I noticed haidut still states dmso as an ingredient in the description on page 1

All former DMSO products (except MelaNon) now use the SFA ester + ethanol solvent. So, no need to request anything. I will change the descriptions and picture soon.

managing

I think I've used this enough to finally chime in.

I almost didn't buy it. After reading all of the feedback here, I almost didn't buy it. It was too much. It was not enough. Doesn't do anything. None of that seemed promising. I am not saying those are inaccurate. But i've had a very different experience.

First off, I was taking Cynomel (6.25mg at meals; nibbles at other times) and Cynoplus (1/4 or 7.5mg t3 and 30mg t4) at dinner time. This was pretty good. I had energy. It was knocking down the cortisol/adrenaline that had me "hot" all, and I mean all, the time. But it was rather uneven. I had to nibble between meals to keep cortisol from rebounding. But then that made me feel over charged, hungry, tired, and weak. It was better, but less than ideal.

I've been using it topically on the forearms. I have to say, it has been about 100x better than the cynomel/cynoplus combo. Tyromix is MUCH more subtle and smooth than the tablets. Its easy at first to miss the effects, at least in going from tablets. The first few days I was a bit concerned and kept nibbling cynomel. Eventually I realized I merely felt excellent. And consistent. Between meals. At night. After meals. A very, very, consistent experience. Nostrils open. Focused. Calm. Energetic. No adrenaline surges. Consistently raised T (or lowered E) based on subjective variables (voice, muscle, etc). Good sleep. Good libido.

I've even used it up to an hour before a meal w/o any negative effects. I do start to feel hungry and maybe a little weak after about 30 minutes (assuming its been 4-6 hrs since I last ate) but not much if any adrenaline/cortisol response.

As for dosing, I've taken 2 drops (6mg t3/12mg t4) and three drops (9mg t3/18mg t4). 2 seems like not quite enough. 3 seems like more than what I was taking before, yet the consistent nature of it is much more pleasant than what I was taking before.

So, my personal opinion is that this stuff is awesome. @haidut I still don't actually understand your reason for the 1:2 t3:t4 ratio. But I have to say I think its great.

It has reduced my pulse. From a constant 90 down to 72 resting. It still goes up when I eat (85-90) but is considerably lower otherwise. It hasn't changed my temps much. But I am now confident that my "good" temps (97.7 on rising/98.8 peak) are not because of adrenaline/cortisol.

I may experiment with it taken orally at some point. But topical has been so darn good.

EDIT: no, I haven't noticed any hair effects. Shedding was never an issue for me though.

Lucas

Tyromix make my rat more fatigued with just one drop. This rat have high serum morning cortisol but low morning saliva cortisol.

managing

Tyromix make my rat more fatigued with just one drop. This rat have high serum morning cortisol but low morning saliva cortisol.
Fatigued? Or lethargic? Not trying to play vocab cop. But fatigued implies worn out or exhausted. Lethargic means trouble getting going, relaxed, unmotivated.

If the latter, it seems to indicate a cortisol compensation for hypothyroid. I would suggest trying 2 drops. For me 1 drop turns off cortisol surge but isn't enough thyroid to keep me going. But 2 drops is enough to keep me going (4-6 hours).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think I've used this enough to finally chime in.

I almost didn't buy it. After reading all of the feedback here, I almost didn't buy it. It was too much. It was not enough. Doesn't do anything. None of that seemed promising. I am not saying those are inaccurate. But i've had a very different experience.

First off, I was taking Cynomel (6.25mg at meals; nibbles at other times) and Cynoplus (1/4 or 7.5mg t3 and 30mg t4) at dinner time. This was pretty good. I had energy. It was knocking down the cortisol/adrenaline that had me "hot" all, and I mean all, the time. But it was rather uneven. I had to nibble between meals to keep cortisol from rebounding. But then that made me feel over charged, hungry, tired, and weak. It was better, but less than ideal.

I've been using it topically on the forearms. I have to say, it has been about 100x better than the cynomel/cynoplus combo. Tyromix is MUCH more subtle and smooth than the tablets. Its easy at first to miss the effects, at least in going from tablets. The first few days I was a bit concerned and kept nibbling cynomel. Eventually I realized I merely felt excellent. And consistent. Between meals. At night. After meals. A very, very, consistent experience. Nostrils open. Focused. Calm. Energetic. No adrenaline surges. Consistently raised T (or lowered E) based on subjective variables (voice, muscle, etc). Good sleep. Good libido.

I've even used it up to an hour before a meal w/o any negative effects. I do start to feel hungry and maybe a little weak after about 30 minutes (assuming its been 4-6 hrs since I last ate) but not much if any adrenaline/cortisol response.

As for dosing, I've taken 2 drops (6mg t3/12mg t4) and three drops (9mg t3/18mg t4). 2 seems like not quite enough. 3 seems like more than what I was taking before, yet the consistent nature of it is much more pleasant than what I was taking before.

So, my personal opinion is that this stuff is awesome. @haidut I still don't actually understand your reason for the 1:2 t3:t4 ratio. But I have to say I think its great.

It has reduced my pulse. From a constant 90 down to 72 resting. It still goes up when I eat (85-90) but is considerably lower otherwise. It hasn't changed my temps much. But I am now confident that my "good" temps (97.7 on rising/98.8 peak) are not because of adrenaline/cortisol.

I may experiment with it taken orally at some point. But topical has been so darn good.

EDIT: no, I haven't noticed any hair effects. Shedding was never an issue for me though.

Amazing, thanks a lot for this feedback! The reason for the 1:2 ratio is based on Peat's recommendations.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Serum cortisol trumps saliva measures. I would do a AM/PM blood test for cortisol if possible. It means 2 blood draws in the same day but it can show if there is diurnal variation. I would also test DHEA, T and prolactin if possible.
If thyroid lowers the excessive cortisol it can leave a person feeling fatigued initially.

managing

Amazing, thanks a lot for this feedback! The reason for the 1:2 ratio is based on Peat's recommendations for a 1:2 or even 1:1 ratio for most hypothyroid people, in order to avoid raising rT3 from too much T4.
If you ever want somebody to test 1:1 or 1:1.5 let me know. Not begging free product. I'd happily pay for it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
If you ever want somebody to test 1:1 or 1:1.5 let me know. Not begging free product. I'd happily pay for it.

Will do, thanks for the offer.

jmojo

@haidut , quick question. I just received my tyromix in the mail but due to the cold climate, it arrived frozen. Does this degrade the supplement in any way?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut , quick question. I just received my tyromix in the mail but due to the cold climate, it arrived frozen. Does this degrade the supplement in any way?

Same answer as @Chaos (thanks) - no, it does not degrade it. Warming up a bit and shaking should make it easy to flow through the dropper again.

Lucas

Thanks’ Haidut for your answer.

I really want to make Tiromix to work for my rat.

So if the rat gets more tired from taking Tiromix, how much time this effect will last? A week, 2 weeks?

The rat is taking 75 mcg of Syntroid. Will add Tiromix topically one drop 3 times a day (after breakfast, after lunch and after dinner.

Even If my rat gets more tired from this, I will do my best to keep using for one week for a feedback.

managing

Thanks’ Haidut for your answer.

I really want to make Tiromix to work for my rat.

So if the rat gets more tired from taking Tiromix, how much time this effect will last? A week, 2 weeks?

The rat is taking 75 mcg of Syntroid. Will add Tiromix topically one drop 3 times a day (after breakfast, after lunch and after dinner.

Even If my rat gets more tired from this, I will do my best to keep using for one week for a feedback.
A good indicator that the tiredness is from suppression of cortisol is dry eyes. Hypothyroid is often accompanied by low cortisol. Adequate thyroid will cause cortisol to go even lower, thus, dry eyes. At least for me. And tiredness.

This can be irritating, but I take it as a sign of a move in the right direction. Circadian T3 has been proposed (see above) as a way of normalizing cortisol. I've experimented and it shows some promise.

I'd be interested in other thoughts on normalizing cortisol response.

I'd also say to @Lucas that when I hit that tired/dry eyes stage, a little more tyromix is usually helpful. Also, as you respond to tyromix, which ought to be nearly instantaneous, you ought to slowly cut back Synthroid. Also, tyromix is gentle enough that I think the way to find the right dose is to work your way up until you find too high of a dose, then cut back. Obviously, you want to do this slowly.

Fletcher

Posting this here for anyone not reading the Tyronene thread also...

I followed Danny Roddy's thyroid article ( here ) and used Thiroyd for 2 weeks, seeing an improvement in temp and hair quality (no shedding, hair became fuller and bushier). I used Tyronene for the next 2 weeks during the day but it didn't do anything noticeable for me, and after the 2 weeks my hair looked thinner and less lively. I swapped out Tyronene and introduced Tyromix in its place, and 1 week later temp is up and hair has returned to its former bushier state.

Epistrophy

Bought my mama Rat TyroMix due to her swollen thyroid. She was told it was Hashimoto's. Mama Rat told me this morning she took 2 drops on skin before bed and slept like a rock.
Confirms what Ray Peat talks about thyroid decreasing the excitability of cells and allowing cells to be in the resting living state.

Progesterone

Posting this here for anyone not reading the Tyronene thread also...

I followed Danny Roddy's thyroid article ( here ) and used Thiroyd for 2 weeks, seeing an improvement in temp and hair quality (no shedding, hair became fuller and bushier). I used Tyronene for the next 2 weeks during the day but it didn't do anything noticeable for me, and after the 2 weeks my hair looked thinner and less lively. I swapped out Tyronene and introduced Tyromix in its place, and 1 week later temp is up and hair has returned to its former bushier state.

Very interesting... so Tyromix is good for your hair...

Which dosages? How are you dosing? topical? where are you dosing? frequency?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals