TyroMix - Liquid T3/T4 Mix For Lab/R&D

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Here's an interesting anecdote. My friend at work who's been having such great results ordered another bottle the other day, and only then realized that she'd been using TyroMax on her rat all this time. The two main points of this story: For most of this time, she'd been using only 3 drops of the TyroMax, and despite the fact that most people need far more, she was definitely seeing benefit, as I've described before (she said that at Thanksgiving, the thing she said she was most grateful for is that her rat's menstrual migraines--once the bane of her existence--are a thing of the past, all because of the thyroid). Second, recently her rat's body was sending strong signals that it wanted more thyroid (she'd been hesitant to add more because of my experience of overdosing my rat for a while), but now she realizes that her rat's body really did know what was best. I think she's switching to the TyroMix now even though she has some TyroMax left, mostly to avoid having to use so many drops (because of DMSO irritation). Before switching, she'd gone up to 6 drops/day of the TyroMax, and she said that doing this caused another big leap in health for her rat, mostly on digestion.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

denise

@denise how does the rat dose? One or more frequent aday?
I dose my rat one drop in the AM and two drops before bed. My friend had been dosing the TyroMAX 3 drops AM and 3 drops PM, but since she just switched to TyroMIX yesterday, I'm not sure what she'll settle on. My dad's rat is doing okay so far on 6 drops of TyroMix a day, split AM and PM, and is planning to have labs done at the end of the month. I think all of us apply topically to the wrists, usually.

superhuman

@denise thats awesome. Notice anything in terms of temperature, pulse etc?have you tried higher doses or experienced more in terms of dosages with you rats or others experience in terms of causing stress reaction or negative things?

denise

@denise thats awesome. Notice anything in terms of temperature, pulse etc?have you tried higher doses or experienced more in terms of dosages with you rats or others experience in terms of causing stress reaction or negative things?
A few pages ago I posted about using too much at one point. My rat was feeling off and hungry all the time, and had some mild chest pain. It took days before I figured out it was because I was using too much (I hadn't been tracking temps regularly). I discovered my rat was staying above 99 most of the time, and on the worst day she got up to 100.5. So I stopped using the TyroMix for a couple weeks. It took awhile for the extra T4 to leave the system. But now I'm back to the 3 drops a day schedule, and the rat's temps are reliably 98.6 during the day and close to 98 in the morning. I actually forgot to dose both last night and this morning, and temps are still 98.6. Pulse usually stays around 80. My friend finally bought a thermometer last night and her temps are pushing 99. At her worst point about 7 years ago, her temp was hovering around 94!

BTW, the difference between the perfect amount and too much for me was only 1 drop, so keep that in mind if you're playing around with dosages. You don't want to go overboard with this.

superhuman

@denise lovely. Thank you so much. I have tried different doses, mostly with t3 only not much t3/t4 combination but still on high amounts the rat does not feel anything or make any difference so it has never felt hyperthyroid or something in terms of to warm or to high pulse from higher and higher amounts

denise

@denise lovely. Thank you so much. I have tried different doses, mostly with t3 only not much t3/t4 combination but still on high amounts the rat does not feel anything or make any difference so it has never felt hyperthyroid or something in terms of to warm or to high pulse from higher and higher amounts
Over the summer I tried T3 (I forget the brand) and I never felt anything but sedation from it, even in high doses. I don't know why. But the TyroMix did the trick.

Jsaute21

I am aware self experimentation is best but I was hoping for some advice for a first time thyroid user. (Specifically tyromix.) I am starting very slow. 1 drop per day the past 2 days and have seen some improvement to pulse and focusing. Occasionally feel a little weird after just topically ingesting. (Backs of wrists.) I am a 200 lb guy who is relatively hypo. Wouldn't categorize myself as someone in real rough shape.

@haidut do you still use tyromix occasionally? I know there is evidence stating that there is virtually no chance of shut down but I would love to hear positive experiences after discontinuation echoing this sentiment. Also would love opinions regarding my current dosing strategy. 5-7 drops per week to start.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am aware self experimentation is best but I was hoping for some advice for a first time thyroid user. (Specifically tyromix.) I am starting very slow. 1 drop per day the past 2 days and have seen some improvement to pulse and focusing. Occasionally feel a little weird after just topically ingesting. (Backs of wrists.) I am a 200 lb guy who is relatively hypo. Wouldn't categorize myself as someone in real rough shape.

@haidut do you still use tyromix occasionally? I know there is evidence stating that there is virtually no chance of shut down but I would love to hear positive experiences after discontinuation echoing this sentiment. Also would love opinions regarding my current dosing strategy. 5-7 drops per week to start.

I do use thyroid occasionally, when feeling under the weather or more sluggish than usual. I usually take a mix of T4/T3 in a dose of 10mcg T3 and 20mcg T4. Since I have not used thyroid consistently and done blood tests to see before/after effects on suppression of endogenous levels I can't really provide much feedback there.

Jsaute21

Yeah, I will ballpark it then as well. I am assuming you opt for synthetic thyroid use as well?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yeah, I will ballpark it then as well. I am assuming you opt for synthetic thyroid use as well?

To achieve a 2:1 ratio T4:T3 you would need synthetic. If you know of an NDT that has that ratio please share.

Jsaute21

My waking pulse is improving. (From 60 to 75.) Which is great. However, I am still dropping about an hour after breakfast. (From 78 or so after breakfast to 62 an hour later.) I am assuming this means my dose is too small?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Any thoughts on this? A bit paranoid about using synthetic hormones.

What about temps? It's probably OK as long as temps are above 98 and pulse stays above 60.

Jsaute21

Thanks. I will get back to you on temps. My guess is it has risen a bit too. (Feel warmer.) I live in Chicago and have been suffering from real cold feet at night for past year and a half. I assumed it was poor circulation originally but now realize it was obviously hypo symptoms.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Also, is back of the wrists a good location for tyromix from a topical standpoint?

Given the visible veins on the wrist, I think it is a good spot. Personally, I apply steroids there when I use them and are at work so I can't use other body areas.

Last edited:

Jsaute21

Didn't measure temp upon waking but i am currently about 98.4 (97.4 under arm.) Which i am happy with. How have some of you dosed yourselves when starting out on tyromix? I don't want to move too fast but i also don't want to be unnecessarily inefficient. I assume that for 2 weeks until T4 truly accumulates enough in the blood stream i should stay under 6 drops per day.