TyroMix - Liquid T3/T4 Mix For Lab/R&D

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Last edited:

barbparadise

I just started taking Tyromix 2 weeks ago at 4 drops, 2 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon and 1 at night topically. just took blood tests and my labs show tsh at 16.4, total T4 was OK at 4.8, Free T4 index was low at 1.1. My prior blood test while trying TyroMax orally for 2 weeks was tsh 9.69. After that blood test in March I went back to NP thyroid (ndt) at 90 mg which I had been on for several years. While on 90 mg of NP thyroid tsh always ran .08. I was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis in January of this year. I have been following a Peat protocol since then. My temps have been low at 96.9 - 98.2 until this week. The past few mornings they have been 98.2 - 98.7. My question is: should I increase the dose of Tyromix and use it topically because of the liver or would it be better to use it orally and possibly help the liver or would it be better to use the Tyromax since it is an NDT and I'm used to that. I've never taken a synthetic thyroid medication even from the beginning which was 20 years ago. I also take Lapodin topically and was wondering if oral might be better for the liver. I don't know how long it takes the liver to heal from the damage that was done.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I just started taking Tyromix 2 weeks ago at 4 drops, 2 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon and 1 at night topically. just took blood tests and my labs show tsh at 16.4, total T4 was OK at 4.8, Free T4 index was low at 1.1. My prior blood test while trying TyroMax orally for 2 weeks was tsh 9.69. After that blood test in March I went back to NP thyroid (ndt) at 90 mg which I had been on for several years. While on 90 mg of NP thyroid tsh always ran .08. I was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis in January of this year. I have been following a Peat protocol since then. My temps have been low at 96.9 - 98.2 until this week. The past few mornings they have been 98.2 - 98.7. My question is: should I increase the dose of Tyromix and use it topically because of the liver or would it be better to use it orally and possibly help the liver or would it be better to use the Tyromax since it is an NDT and I'm used to that. I've never taken a synthetic thyroid medication even from the beginning which was 20 years ago. I also take Lapodin topically and was wondering if oral might be better for the liver. I don't know how long it takes the liver to heal from the damage that was done.

So, you stopped NP thyroid 2 weeks ago right? Did you test TSH at that time?

Last edited:

barbparadise

So, you stopped NP thyroid 2 weeks ago right? Did you test TSH at that time or did you just switch to TyroMix and took it for 2 weeks? I would try stacking the drops closer together. So, if you are taking 4 drops daily I would take 2 in the morning and 2 at night. Some people here even take the whole daily thyroid dose in one sitting but not sure if you are comfortable with that.

Yes, I stopped the NP thyroid 2 weeks ago. No, I didn't test but just switched. In hindsight I wish I had. What about oral vs topical for my liver. It may still be recovering. I'll try the new procedure and test again. How long should I wait to test again?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yes, I stopped the NP thyroid 2 weeks ago. No, I didn't test but just switched. In hindsight I wish I had. What about oral vs topical for my liver. It may still be recovering. I'll try the new procedure and test again. How long should I wait to test again?

Last edited:

Rtm320

Hi all. Please forgive the rant that's about to ensue and I swear this is related to the thread but I am feeling pretty desperate and super depressed and detached from myself :(
I don't feel like I look like or know who I am anymore.
I've been losing my hair for about 4 years now (32 yo Female) although truth be told I noticed changes earlier on but didn't realize what was happening--started out as shedding but has turned into thinning. I just can't grow hair like I used to, it's incredibly thin. Since going Peatish, I've gained some probably much needed weight but it's been an adjustment being curvier than I used to be, I can't fit into my old clothes. I don't know how to dress myself anymore. I guess I am prefacing this to convey a serious state of 'learned helplessness' and a real detachment from my body and what's going on with it. I suppose that makes sense because I was never really satisfied with it, always berating myself for not looking a certain way. I haven't had a good relationship with it in years. I recently started taking Tyromix (1 drop a day) for a couple weeks now. I need to be more vigilant about charting temps and pulse rate (which are normally both low) but I don't feel much different. I am so amazed reading on these forums at how in tune people are with their bodies and changes within. I am always pretty much depressed or have varying degrees of anxiety so it's hard to say if something exacerbates it or not because quite frankly it's my norm. I have noticed dryer hair and skin since taking Tyromix. I've read that some people have felt a relief instantly, I want to manage my expectations realistically. I guess what I'm asking is how do you know whether it's working and how long should you wait to give it a real go? Are temps and pulse the best, should there be a shift in an overall state of being? Again apologies for being all over the place and for the long rant. So desperate to sort myself out :(

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is it ok to consume tyromix, orally?

It is only licensed for research use, but some people have been giving it to their rats orally and have reported results similar to topical.

Last edited:

Risingfire

It is only licensed for topical use and research use, but some people have been giving it to their rats orally and have reported results similar to topical.

That's great. Do you think it would benefit rats to ingest tyronene, orally?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi all. Please forgive the rant that's about to ensue and I swear this is related to the thread but I am feeling pretty desperate and super depressed and detached from myself :(
I don't feel like I look like or know who I am anymore.
I've been losing my hair for about 4 years now (32 yo Female) although truth be told I noticed changes earlier on but didn't realize what was happening--started out as shedding but has turned into thinning. I just can't grow hair like I used to, it's incredibly thin. Since going Peatish, I've gained some probably much needed weight but it's been an adjustment being curvier than I used to be, I can't fit into my old clothes. I don't know how to dress myself anymore. I guess I am prefacing this to convey a serious state of 'learned helplessness' and a real detachment from my body and what's going on with it. I suppose that makes sense because I was never really satisfied with it, always berating myself for not looking a certain way. I haven't had a good relationship with it in years. I recently started taking Tyromix (1 drop a day) for a couple weeks now. I need to be more vigilant about charting temps and pulse rate (which are normally both low) but I don't feel much different. I am so amazed reading on these forums at how in tune people are with their bodies and changes within. I am always pretty much depressed or have varying degrees of anxiety so it's hard to say if something exacerbates it or not because quite frankly it's my norm. I have noticed dryer hair and skin since taking Tyromix. I've read that some people have felt a relief instantly, I want to manage my expectations realistically. I guess what I'm asking is how do you know whether it's working and how long should you wait to give it a real go? Are temps and pulse the best, should there be a shift in an overall state of being? Again apologies for being all over the place and for the long rant. So desperate to sort myself out :(

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Last edited:

papaya

So, you stopped NP thyroid 2 weeks ago right? Did you test TSH at that time or did you just switch to TyroMix and took it for 2 weeks? I would try stacking the drops closer together. So, if you are taking 4 drops daily I would take 2 in the morning and 2 at night. Some people here even take the whole daily thyroid dose in one sitting but not sure if you are comfortable with that.
ndt
why do some
why do some thyroid products create a low tsh, but not sufficient thyroid hormone levels while other products r the exact opposite & result in high tsh but also high t3/t4 levels?

Rtm320

Not sure what to tell you, but if you don't feel TyroMix is helping maybe you can ask a doctor for a pure T3 supplement? Have you considered some anti-serotonin chemical like cyproheptadine since you say you in a state of severe learned helplessness?
Thanks for the reply Haidut, I'm sorry for spazzing out a bit. I've come across threads about cyproheptadine, I'll have to educate myself more on it but am definitely open to more experimentation to help get under myself. I want to continue with Tyromix for a bit as I think I need to better manage my expectations and be more attuned to my body and it's happenings. I know this whole situation requires a multi-pronged approach, it's just so easy to get overwhelmed when you want to feel better. Thanks again.

tara

I need to be more vigilant about charting temps and pulse rate (which are normally both low) ...
Good idea while changing and figuring out thyroid supplement dosage.
More on your other thread.

M

marikay

I decided to try TyroMix on my rat (whom I have affectionately named Ratzilla). Ratzilla was taking a combination of Novotiral and BSP T3 which was working OK but wanted something easier to get and to administer. As others have noted here and other places on the forum, @haidut and IdeaLabs gave great customer service.

Ratzilla is on her second week of TyroMix and she is having some good results. The TyroMix doesn't sting when applied on skin and digestion does seem improved and the nerve pain on the left side of Ratzilla's body (which goes away when thryroid medication is working) has substantially subsided. But she not enjoying the higher pulse she was hoping for. Ratzilla's pulse rarely gets above 80 bpm on TyroMix and often won't rise above 78 or so. Ratzilla feels best when pulse is consitently above 80. I figured that the drop in pulse after the first drop of TyroMix in the morning had to do with high stress hormones coming down. But the one drop at a time and the two drops at a time don't seem to give any substantial bump in pulse after administering the drops no matter what time of day. Ratzilla's feet experience some cold, something that is relatively new for Ratzilla. Ratzilla has misplaced her thermometer, but other than the feet thing, Ratzilla feels pretty much the same temperature wise as before.

Mood is about the same as before, maybe slightly better for a moment or two and then back to where it was before TyroMix.

Ratzila has taken approximately five drops per day (sometimes one drop at a time, sometimes two drops at a time). There doesn't seem to be much of a difference between the two approaches. Have also tried both oral and topical administration on Ratzilla. Ratzilla experiences the unpleasant taste in her mouth regardless of whether the dose in administered topically or orally. Does anyone know how to minimize this experience? Will it go away after some time using TyroMix?

I am also wondering what the T4 is doing for Ratzilla if the dose is applied topically. Doesn't T4 need to be in the liver in order to be useful for Ratzilla? If so, is most of the T4 wasted when it is taken topically? Or is there a role for T4 outside the liver?

I know that T4 needs to build up over time to be useful, but shouldn't the T3 make Ratzilla's pulse go up immediately after applying the TyroMix topically? Or does it take a while to get into the bloodstream?

Appetite has improved since starting TyroMix. This makes Ratzilla hopeful that she'll be able to get the protein she needs and get metabolism back up where it should be.

More feedback from Ratzilla early next week.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I decided to try TyroMix on my rat (whom I have affectionately named Ratzilla). Ratzilla was taking a combination of Novotiral and BSP T3 which was working OK but wanted something easier to get and to administer. As others have noted here and other places on the forum, @haidut and IdeaLabs gave great customer service.

Ratzilla is on her second week of TyroMix and she is having some good results. The TyroMix doesn't sting when applied on skin and digestion does seem improved and the nerve pain on the left side of Ratzilla's body (which goes away when thryroid medication is working) has substantially subsided. But she not enjoying the higher pulse she was hoping for. Ratzilla's pulse rarely gets above 80 bpm on TyroMix and often won't rise above 78 or so. Ratzilla feels best when pulse is consitently above 80. I figured that the drop in pulse after the first drop of TyroMix in the morning had to do with high stress hormones coming down. But the one drop at a time and the two drops at a time don't seem to give any substantial bump in pulse after administering the drops no matter what time of day. Ratzilla's feet experience some cold, something that is relatively new for Ratzilla. Ratzilla has misplaced her thermometer, but other than the feet thing, Ratzilla feels pretty much the same temperature wise as before.

Mood is about the same as before, maybe slightly better for a moment or two and then back to where it was before TyroMix.

Ratzila has taken approximately five drops per day (sometimes one drop at a time, sometimes two drops at a time). There doesn't seem to be much of a difference between the two approaches. Have also tried both oral and topical administration on Ratzilla. Ratzilla experiences the unpleasant taste in her mouth regardless of whether the dose in administered topically or orally. Does anyone know how to minimize this experience? Will it go away after some time using TyroMix?

I am also wondering what the T4 is doing for Ratzilla if the dose is applied topically. Doesn't T4 need to be in the liver in order to be useful for Ratzilla? If so, is most of the T4 wasted when it is taken topically? Or is there a role for T4 outside the liver?

I know that T4 needs to build up over time to be useful, but shouldn't the T3 make Ratzilla's pulse go up immediately after applying the TyroMix topically? Or does it take a while to get into the bloodstream?

Appetite has improved since starting TyroMix. This makes Ratzilla hopeful that she'll be able to get the protein she needs and get metabolism back up where it should be.

More feedback from Ratzilla early next week.

Thank you, very nice feedback for your Ratzilla!

Last edited:
M

marikay

Thank you, very nice feedback for your Ratzilla! The T4 will still go through the liver as there is the so-called second pass metabolism. It's just that second pass metabolism usually takes a few hours depending on the substance metabolized and the activity of liver enzymes involved in the metabolism. So, it will still affect the liver.
I am surprised at the lack of temp increase, most people reporting here did experience temp boost. Please keep me posted on results over the next few days.

Will do. Encouraging to learn that the T4 will still help the liver even if taken topically. I'm noticing that Ratzilla's pulse does go up an hour or so after taking the TyroMix topically. Can the T3 take that long to get into the system?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Will do. Encouraging to learn that the T4 will still help the liver even if taken topically. I'm noticing that Ratzilla's pulse does go up an hour or so after taking the TyroMix topically. Can the T3 take that long to get into the system?

I think the T3 gets into the bloodstream within a few minutes but in order for it to raise pulse, which is a systemic effect, it probably takes longer. Same effects are observed with the steroid supplements - i.e. most people report maximum effects about an hour later and how long those effects persist depends on the individual and her/his metabolism and health state.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals