TyroMix - Liquid T3/T4 Mix For Lab/R&D

Progesterone

How is everyone's hair doing on TyroMix??? Would like an update from everyone please.

I had very bad shedding yesterday, very bad.

Thing is... the past 2 days I haven't been eating much at all, literally.. and first meal at like 10pm!

I have only been dosing Tyromix 1-2 drops a day... only when temps are dropping.

Think I will increase it now to 3...4....etc, so my temps stay 98+ all day.

But should my big shedding should just be chalked up to no food + other factors, like thyroid, etc..

ALSO... I had stopped using progesterone 100mg in capsule... i was instead using like 20mg dropped directly in mouth..

Sorry I know my post is all over the place, super busy at work and needed to type this out quickly.

Stramonium

Thyroid without enough food to back it up may not be a good idea for hair loss. Sugar is what the follicle craves so be sure to meet your your caloric/nutrient needs first before supplementing

Progesterone

Thyroid without enough food to back it up may not be a good idea for hair loss. Sugar is what the follicle craves so be sure to meet your your caloric/nutrient needs first before supplementing

Yeah.. I wonder if this the only cause though?

My hair is going south real quick.

ALSO, coincidentally, I just started using 500mg l-methionine and 500mg l-phenylalanine 2 days ago or so, as well as 4g of MSM powder.

Could these somehow play a role?

I know gbold said he got hair loss when using l-methionine... which is so odd, given everything written about it.

Frankdee20

Yeah.. I wonder if this the only cause though?

My hair is going south real quick.

ALSO, coincidentally, I just started using 500mg l-methionine and 500mg l-phenylalanine 2 days ago or so, as well as 4g of MSM powder.

Could these somehow play a role?

I know gbold said he got hair loss when using l-methionine... which is so odd, given everything written about it.

For depression ?

ddjd

I noticed as a woman that I shed hair when I use T3 as it often lowers my cortisol. Could there be a link between low cortisol and hair loss?
why would lowering cortisol cause hair to shed?

ddjd

I am pleased to announce the release of TyroMix - a combination of synthetic T3/T4 hormones dissolved in DMSO and ethanol. While it is difficult to compare effects of liquid hormones (especially ones dissolved in DMSO) to tablets and other dry material, the effects of 12 drops of TyroMix should be roughly equivalent to a single tablet of the Cynoplus product that is no longer in production anywhere.
The naturally found concentrations in the thyroid gland of animals of T4 and T3 are usually in a ratio of 4:1 or 5:1 and this ratio is most commonly found in NDT products like Armour. However, in hypothyroid people this high ratio of T4 to T3 can lead to rapid inactivation of T4 into reverse T3 (rT3) and thus worsen symptoms of hypothyroidism. According to Ray Peat, in hypothyroid states a much more desirable ratio would be 3:1 or even 2:1. It is the 2:1 ratio that the TyroMix provides for research/lab purposes.
There is no need for references on this product, so in this thread I am just providing the basic information on the ingredients and concentration per drop.

The units listed on the label are just for measurement purposes. They do not indicate suggested or optimal dose. Please note that similar to the products sold by companies like BlueSky, this product if for lab/research use only. The product can be ordered from the link below:
IdeaLabs Online Store - Worldwide Ordering And Delivery - Laboratory Research Chemicals

Triiodothyronine (T3) is the active thyroid hormone in humans. It is synthesized from thyroxine (T4) and some other thyroid percursors, primarily in the liver. It affects almost every physiological process in the body, including growth and development, metabolism, body temperature, and heart rate. The combination of synthetic T4 and T3 provided by TyroMix has been extensively studied over the last 50 years.

Drops per container: about 360
Each drop contains the following ingredients:

Liothyronine (T3) sodium, USP: 3 mcg
Levothyroxine (T4) sodium, USP: 6 mcg

Other ingredients: DMSO, ethanol
do you think its safe to use 2 drops of tyromix, three times a day? or is that overdoing it?

cyclops

Rat wasn't seeing any effect from Tryonene so decided to try older Tyromix DMSO version. 1 drop orally and an hour later temps were up. Extremely effective and seemed happy.

What's very weird though is the new SFA version seems to have no effect. Does anyone have any idea why that would be? Does the SFA need a larger dose to be comparable?

cyclops

Anyone else have a similar experience? Very confused as to why to DMSO version could have such a great effect orally, but nothing from the SFA.

Dhair

Anyone else have a similar experience? Very confused as to why to DMSO version could have such a great effect orally, but nothing from the SFA.
I have expressed similar concerns. Unfortunately, it looks like there will be no more DMSO based products for the foreseeable future. There is a poll posted on the forum asking people to vote for a DMSO option for Idealabs products. I would suggest you search for that thread and make your voice heard.

cyclops

I have expressed similar concerns. Unfortunately, it looks like there will be no more DMSO based products for the foreseeable future. There is a poll posted on the forum asking people to vote for a DMSO option for Idealabs products. I would suggest you search for that thread and make your voice heard.

Ok thanks. But do you have an idea why this could be? I thought the DMSO was only really made a difference when used topically...I guess this is simply not the case.

Dhair

Ok thanks. But do you have an idea why this could be? I thought the DMSO was only really made a difference when used topically...I guess this is simply not the case.
I don't want to speculate on that because we don't know exactly how the product is made. But I can tell you that you and I are not the only people who have noticed the difference.

cyclops

I don't want to speculate on that because we don't know exactly how the product is made. But I can tell you that you and I are not the only people who have noticed the difference.

Cool thanks. Did you try a higher dose of the SFA to compensate. Wouldn't want to take too much, especially with t4, but thinking about trying more. Do you think thats a bad idea?

Dhair

Cool thanks. Did you try a higher dose of the SFA to compensate. Wouldn't want to take too much, especially with t4, but thinking about trying more. Do you think thats a bad idea?
Probably a bad idea. I did that with the SFA tyronene, and I think I ended up taking too much. My concern would be that something is somehow preventing the material from being dissolved evenly in the solution, although this is pure speculation. I personally think that a DMSO based solution makes these kinds of products easier to dose. But again, I could be wrong.

Wagner83

You are not comparing the same product. It would be interesting to test a small amount of dmso on its own and see how you react.

Luckytype

How is everyone's hair doing on TyroMix??? Would like an update from everyone please.

I had very bad shedding yesterday, very bad.

Thing is... the past 2 days I haven't been eating much at all, literally.. and first meal at like 10pm!

I have only been dosing Tyromix 1-2 drops a day... only when temps are dropping.

Think I will increase it now to 3...4....etc, so my temps stay 98+ all day.

But should my big shedding should just be chalked up to no food + other factors, like thyroid, etc..

ALSO... I had stopped using progesterone 100mg in capsule... i was instead using like 20mg dropped directly in mouth..

Sorry I know my post is all over the place, super busy at work and needed to type this out quickly.

Johnny how are you doing on this?

How long before this heavy shed did you start on tyromix?

How long before this shed did you make any other additions or subtractions?

I ask because hair cycle is pretty long and its gotta be from at least a 3 weeks/1month, more like 2months back that you made a change to trigger this shed. Hair shouldnt just eject in a day or few.