TyroMix - Liquid T3/T4 Mix For Lab/R&D

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi I just started Tyronene T3 - I find that I do better using it as a topical T3 -I took used one drop - my temp goes up and my muscles feel warmer. When I take it by mouth my temperature drops a lot. One drop seems to be a bit strong for me - what can I do to only use half a drop at a time.

Thanks
Elize

Great, thanks for the feedback!

Elize

You could mix it half and half with ethanol (or vodka). I think the bottle holds .5 oz, so mix it with .5 oz ethanol in a larger dropper bottle.
Thanks Denise - I would have to go and buy Vodka - LOL I only have Bombay Gin that I got as a gift - would that work?

denise

Thanks Denise - I would have to go and buy Vodka - LOL I only have Bombay Gin that I got as a gift - would that work?
I'm pretty sure I saw a post where sladerunner mentioned making a topical solution with gin, so why not! The main thing is that it's got a high proportion of alcohol so that your mixture doesn't spoil.

Progesterone

I upped my Tyromix dosage from 1 drop a day... today I did 4 drops upon waking, and will do 1 before bedtime.

Temps are way up! (low 98's!)

I am dosing by putting the drops on my tongue and leaving it there for as long as possible (10mins or so).

Is this stupid, as the DMSO/alcohol may be damaging?????

ALSO, thinking of buying Tyronene as well to add to the mix here... thoughts??

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I upped my Tyromix dosage from 1 drop a day... today I did 4 drops upon waking, and will do 1 before bedtime.

Temps are way up! (low 98's!)

I am dosing by putting the drops on my tongue and leaving it there for as long as possible (10mins or so).

Is this stupid, as the DMSO/alcohol may be damaging?????

ALSO, thinking of buying Tyronene as well to add to the mix here... thoughts??

Thanks for the feedback! DMSO and ethanol in smaller doses should not be causing any oral damage. At least not more than drinking beer or vodka would.

DaveFoster

@haidut

I'd just like to get your input on this conundrum regarding TyroMix; I diluted it to 1/1000th strength and applied, and I still became hyperthyroid. I e-mailed Ray:

I just wanted to know if you knew anybody who successfully used propranolol while adjusting their thyroid dose. I took a 0.01 mcg T3 and 0.02 mcg T4 (yes ridiculously low amounts) over three days and experienced transient hyperthyroidism and a high pulse (during which I used small amounts of propranolol); symptoms went away after a week and a half of discontinuation.

Do you think longer-term propranolol usage can be helpful for those with hypersensitivity to thyroid, or what would be the safest option for those who experience such sensitivities to adrenaline while adjusting their dose?

His reply: "Have you tried sugar, such as orange juice or Haagen Dazs ice cream, or an antihistamine such as cyproheptadine? A reaction to that amount of thyroid must have been an allergy to impurities in the products."

I got the same reaction from a lower dilution, but the hyperthyroidism lasted much longer.

Progesterone

@haidut

I'd just like to get your input on this conundrum regarding TyroMix; I diluted it to 1/1000th strength and applied, and I still became hyperthyroid. I e-mailed Ray:

I just wanted to know if you knew anybody who successfully used propranolol while adjusting their thyroid dose. I took a 0.01 mcg T3 and 0.02 mcg T4 (yes ridiculously low amounts) over three days and experienced transient hyperthyroidism and a high pulse (during which I used small amounts of propranolol); symptoms went away after a week and a half of discontinuation.

Do you think longer-term propranolol usage can be helpful for those with hypersensitivity to thyroid, or what would be the safest option for those who experience such sensitivities to adrenaline while adjusting their dose?

His reply: "Have you tried sugar, such as orange juice or Haagen Dazs ice cream, or an antihistamine such as cyproheptadine? A reaction to that amount of thyroid must have been an allergy to impurities in the products."

I got the same reaction from a lower dilution, but the hyperthyroidism lasted much longer.

What are your terms normally (off thyroid) and then in this hyperthyroid state?

Diokine

@DaveFoster

What makes you say hyperthyroidism? I've only experienced bona-fide "hyperthyroidism" from overdoing an NDT product, and I tend to think most of the symptoms are due to serotonin and various kinins. It sounds like a systemic allergic reaction to me. Are you sleeping well? Do you have any back pain? Some days I am using around 4 drops of TyroMix per day, and it has worked exceptionally well. Rarely I do get topical reactions to DMSO if I haven't slept well or something else is off.

DaveFoster

What are your terms normally (off thyroid) and then in this hyperthyroid state?
Terms? If you mean temps, they're usually pretty good; my pulse is low after taking mirtazapine, which indicates high adrenaline.

@DaveFoster

What makes you say hyperthyroidism? I've only experienced bona-fide "hyperthyroidism" from overdoing an NDT product, and I tend to think most of the symptoms are due to serotonin and various kinins. It sounds like a systemic allergic reaction to me. Are you sleeping well? Do you have any back pain? Some days I am using around 4 drops of TyroMix per day, and it has worked exceptionally well. Rarely I do get topical reactions to DMSO if I haven't slept well or something else is off.
So it would be a reaction to the T4 then. I do get back pain if I don't take aspirin daily (but I do, so it's a moot point), and my sleep is restful, but I often oversleep. What would you do in my situation, switch products?

Hairyhands

My rat has T4 and FT4 in the lower part of the range and FT3 in the upper part of the range.

T4 - 76 nmol (56-161)

FT4 - 14.2 pmol (11.5-22.7)

FT3 - 5.5 pmol (2.8-6.6)

Are there any research drops for T4? Just was to clarify is the Tyromix ratio (1:2) T4:T3? My rat gets tired, has little appetite and puts on weight easily so I've got him a mouse wheel.

BingDing

My rat has T4 and FT4 in the lower part of the range and FT3 in the upper part of the range.

T4 - 76 nmol (56-161)

FT4 - 14.2 pmol (11.5-22.7)

FT3 - 5.5 pmol (2.8-6.6)

Are there any research drops for T4? Just was to clarify is the Tyromix ratio (1:2) T4:T3? My rat gets tired, has little appetite and puts on weight easily so I've got him a mouse wheel.

Tyromix ratio is (2:1) T4:T3. I think your T numbers are great. High free T3 is the holy grail, IMO. T4 by itself was the mainstream solution for years and was, by and large, a failure. One knock on T4 is that it can convert to reverse T3 which is not good. A rT3 test would be helpful. If rT3 is OK, the other fundamentals are adequate protein and getting replete in vitamins and minerals. The latter is not especially easy; just eating foods that the USDA/Nutrition Data/etc say contain X amount of a nutrient does not mean you are getting replete in that nutrient by eating that food.

Hairyhands

Tyromix ratio is (2:1) T4:T3. I think your T numbers are great. High free T3 is the holy grail, IMO. T4 by itself was the mainstream solution for years and was, by and large, a failure. One knock on T4 is that it can convert to reverse T3 which is not good. A rT3 test would be helpful. If rT3 is OK, the other fundamentals are adequate protein and getting replete in vitamins and minerals. The latter is not especially easy; just eating foods that the USDA/Nutrition Data/etc say contain X amount of a nutrient does not mean you are getting replete in that nutrient by eating that food.

Thanks for clearing up the Tyromix ratio. T3 gives me insomnia so the higher amounts of T4 may work better for me. The Tyromix has been the most effective thyroid supplement for my gut, better than NDT or T3.

Progesterone

Can too much T3? like 8mcg per dosage, also convert into rT3? heard this on Tyronene thread...

japanesedude

I want to try but I've never used Thyroids.
What would be the good start dose?
I don't even know which that I must use Tyromix or Tyronene.

HDD

That is the received wisdom but no one knows for sure, as far as I can tell. The current Wiki page on thyroid hormones seems to say rT3 can be made in the thyroid gland by reversing the order of the sub units that make T3.

Thyroid hormones - Wikipedia

[Reverse T3] Yes, it's probably induced by stress, with cortisol inducing the type of deiodinase that makes the inactive rT3. A low sugar diet can cause chronically high cortisol. If you are eating enough fruit and protein, I think the T3 of natural thyroid will help to correct the stress/inflammatory metabolism that is connected with the reverse T3.

Q: Okay, I mean I have very high RT3 does that – would that have anything to do with it? Dr. Ray Peat: Yes, that's from high stress.

In an email to Ray Peat, I asked how long he thought it would take to lower Rt3 using t3. He responded that he did not know. At the time I asked, I thought the t4 from the NDT being used was causing Rt3. But after reading this again I think it was from stress/cortisol and diet. And from the Q/A above he says that the t3 of the NDT would help to correct the stress response that is connected. He also has said when stress is very high it is helpful to use 1 mcg of t3 at a time to lower stress.

RePeatRePeat

It probably depends on the person. I was using 3 drops/day for a while and feeling amazing, and then developed chest pain. It took weeks to recover from. Then I did it again... and finally learned my lesson. These days I use about 3 drops per week rather than per day, just going by temps. I wish I could still use it daily because other benefits (on digestion, especially) are not as good with this low dose, but I can't, so I'm trying other methods to get those other symptoms sorted out.

@denise , I wonder if you might need magnesium to go with your Tyromix? When I started thyroid medication many years ago (Armour) I had chest pain and a racing heart. This carried on for years and through many different medications for thyroid. Finally was told to take magnesium and problem solved.

I realize that Tyromix is not medication but magnesium could help if your are taking anything to support the thyroid.

Last edited:

Progesterone

I want to try but I've never used Thyroids.
What would be the good start dose?
I don't even know which that I must use Tyromix or Tyronene.

I would recommend TyroMix. (I've tried both)

Start at 1 drop on tongue in morning, and see how u feel..

denise

@denise , I wonder if you might need magnesium to go with your Tyromix? When I started thyroid medication many years ago (Armour) I had chest pain and a racing heart. This carried on for years and through many different medications for thyroid. Finally was told to take magnesium and problem solved.

I realize that Tyromix is not medication but magnesium could help if your are taking anything to support the thyroid.
Interesting, thanks! Magnesium is something I always mean to take but always forget about (I've got a bottle of mag bicarb in the fridge). I'll definitely give that a shot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals