Tyromix Lab Tests - Before And After - Not What I Expected

OP
S

Sumbody

That's fine.. and does the effect it gives better than trying to use it transdermally?

It's hard to say, I don't really feel much effect from it all.

3 months of transdermal application did seem to cause some slight fat loss/water reduction, more bowel movements per day and what I perceived as a slight increase in body temp due to heating up faster while working.

But unfortunately my labs did not reflect that. So I don't know, kind of not sure what to do at this point except possibly trying the capsule route.

I have some 25mcg T4 Synthroid, but I think on the pill bottle it said they expire this month. Might take that in the morning, and try a couple Tyromix capsules throughout the day, if I can get that whole thing to work out.

Just kind of bummed ya know? Working on something for several months thinking you are getting all these effects but blood work don't reflect that, it's like wtf!? Lol

Elize

Try Tirosint-Sol instead of Synthroid. Tirosint-Sol is a liquid and absorbs better. Still Levothyroxine but you can take it with or without food and no waiting time before having coffee or tea.

OP
S

Sumbody

Try Tirosint-Sol instead of Synthroid. Tirosint-Sol is a liquid and absorbs better. Still Levothyroxine but you can take it with or without food and no waiting time before having coffee or tea.

Yeah I'm aware that calcium as well as other things can affect T4 absorbtion in the gut. That's why I'm a little interested in capsule form of the Tyromix combo as I like the idea of T3 with T4 as a liquid. But not sure how well that will work out.

I've done a little research on the liquid T4, I may try and see if a doctor will prescribe it. 25mcg or so. Do you know if it's really expensive? Sometimes insurance may only cover something that they deem functionally and or financially appropriate.

Elize

I've done a little research on the liquid T4, I may try and see if a doctor will prescribe it. 25mcg or so. Do you know if it's really expensive?

Best information is to read about the research on the site of Dr Westin Child's. In the US about 35 dollars using Good RX, my co pay is 110 dollars for a 3 month supply. Dr Child's explain that too. Start on 25 and work up. My endo got me to start on 100 and caused severe hyper problems I am still trying to overcome. Too much Thyroid can also make yo hypothyroid.

Best wishes

Nicole W.

How have you been feeling on Tyromix? That is the important question I think. I’ve had a similar result with Tyromix as far as labs are concerned: my TSH is the highest its ever been and according to my doc, my T4/T3 ratio is not perfect. However, I am feeling better than I ever have on any other thyroid supplement. I am warmer, I have good energy, less aches and pains etc... some skin issues have disappeared since I have been on Tyromix. So the labs don’t make sense, but I do feel good. I’m not sure why, except I remember that when I was on NDT my labs were perfect, but I felt horrible. Like I had Chronic Fatigue or something. Do you track your pulse and temps? Mine are excellent now. But, distressingly, they do not correspond to lab results.. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?
Just wanted to follow up with my earlier comment: I just had my thyroid labs done again. They were dramatically different. The first time I had them done, my TSH was 2.9, the second time I had them done it was 1.3. So what accounts for this difference? A good breakfast, apparently... The first set of labs were done with other tests that required a fasting state. The second set were done mid morning after breakfast. I’m not 100% sure of anything but this leads me to believe that being fed is probably a big factor in thyroid function. Even with thyroid meds your thyroid would most likely lower function in response to a fasting state. I just wanted to put that out there in case there are others that can’t reconcile their lab results with the way they are feeling with supplemental thyroid.

OP
S

Sumbody

Just wanted to follow up with my earlier comment: I just had my thyroid labs done again. They were dramatically different. The first time I had them done, my TSH was 2.9, the second time I had them done it was 1.3. So what accounts for this difference? A good breakfast, apparently... The first set of labs were done with other tests that required a fasting state. The second set were done mid morning after breakfast. I’m not 100% sure of anything but this leads me to believe that being fed is probably a big factor in thyroid function. Even with thyroid meds your thyroid would most likely lower function in response to a fasting state. I just wanted to put that out there in case there are others that can’t reconcile their lab results with the way they are feeling with supplemental thyroid.

I feel like I have had similar results in the past when testing early morning in a fasted state vs, mid afternoon after a meal or two.

I believe I read an article about that somewhere a while back. I thought TSH doesn't fluctuate that quickly though?

Nicole W.

I feel like I have had similar results in the past when testing early morning in a fasted state vs, mid afternoon after a meal or two.

I believe I read an article about that somewhere a while back. I thought TSH doesn't fluctuate that quickly though?
I just looked back into my medical record to see the times all my thyroid labs were administered and unfortunately it didn’t seem to record that information. I would be interested to know whether my better lab values were a result of eating something beforehand vs. fasting. If the tests are that easily manipulated then maybe they really are essentially pointless as RP has previously said.

Nicole W.

invictus

I have been using Tyromix for about 3 months now. I started slowly, and worked my way up, and am now at 4-6 drops about 5-6 times a day. Placed upon backsides of hands, inner elbows, wrists, etc.

Lab Results Sep. 28th BEFORE

TSH: 7.9 uIU/ml Standard Range 0.4 - 4.2 uIU/mL
Free T4: 0.9 ng/dl Standard Range 0.8 - 1.7 ng/dL

Lab Results Dec. 20th AFTER

TSH: 10.0 uIU/mL Standard Range 0.4 - 4.2 uIU/mL
Free T4: 0.9 ng/dL Standard Range 0.8 - 1.7 ng/dL
Total T3: 107 ng/dL Standard Range 50 - 170 ng/dL

Clearly this is very disappointing, and I would say it's fairly obvious the thyroid solution is not reaching the bloodstream. I've had my doubts about topical absorption, but what is going on here? 4 bottles in 3 months, $150 later and gone backwards?

I do not take pulse and temps, but perhaps now is a good time to start. I will need to buy the devices to do so, and it's difficult to worry about that when I barely have enough time in the mornings to get dressed and fly out the door for work.

At this point I will have to try the oral route with the rest of the bottle. But considering I can get a 30 day supply of T4 for 5 bucks from the pharmacy is a lot more tempting than spending the extra money on Tyromix.

I just wanted to leave this here for those of you who "think" you may be feeling something from a solution or supplement you take, but you really don't know
without blood work. This entire time I thought I felt like my body temp had increased quite a bit, but I dunno, I feel like TSH should have come down significantly by now, as 50 mcg of T4 every morning reliably dropped TSH in the past.

There may be more to the story here and I understand further testing is necessary to pin point the problem, but I asked my doctor to test TSH, total T3/T4, free T3/T4, and RT3 and I was lucky to get the last 3 tests I got on Dec. 20th.

The late Dr. Kenneth Blanchard, endocrinologist, was curious if topical T4 would be effective for his patients who don't seem to absorb it orally. What he was told by another doctor is that topical T4 becomes rt3 because of a particular diodinase enzyme in the skin. So, either sublingually or orally.

OP
S

Sumbody

The late Dr. Kenneth Blanchard, endocrinologist, was curious if topical T4 would be effective for his patients who don't seem to absorb it orally. What he was told by another doctor is that topical T4 becomes rt3 because of a particular diodinase enzyme in the skin. So, either sublingually or orally.

I only use Tyromix sublingually these days and it seems to have a much greater effect. However, I have yet to have lab work done after 7-8 months of use this way.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals