TyroMax - Liquid Thyroid (NDT), USP

mrchibbs

ray sent me this email earlier in the year:

seems like cynoplus/NDT is the best route, while focusing on vitamin D and nutriton. dosing T3 seems very difficult to get perfect. it also seems to throw a lot of people off

TyroMix is basically cynoplus with a better ratio and less excipients.

mrchibbs

Do you take your thyroid supp with calcium rich meal? I read It can interfere with absorbtion.

With every meal. I don't think about it beyond that.

gaze

TyroMix is basically cynoplus with a better ratio and less excipients.
if i remember correctly tyromix has a 2:1 ratio, compared to 4:1 for cynoplus, which may be a better ratio for some but also may be too much t3 for others who need more t4 to stabilize things . seems a bit unnatural considering ndt is around 4:1 also I think ?

Vileplume

@gaze @mrchibbs

It complicates things further that people's ratio needs change over time. Back in February, I couldn't tolerate even two drops of Tyromax without getting adrenaline symptoms and low temp, but I got great effects from cynomel T3 only--it lowered my high heart rate and stopped my hot flashes. After a week on 12.5mg T3 split throughout the day, I was able to slowly increase my tyromax up to a grain. I got good results from a 1:1 ratio of t4:t3 for a while, but the hot flashes came back.

Looking back, I think i had a histamine reaction to the desiccated material. When I switched from NDT to cynoplus/cynomel in June, I was able to work up to two grains, a higher dose than before, with a higher ratio of t4:t3, without any adrenaline symptoms or hot flashes. Currently, a 3:1 ratio of t4:t3 works best for me. I use cynomel in the mornings (3/8 cynomel tablet total, split up) and cynoplus (3/4 cynoplus tablet total, split up) throughout the afternoon, 1/4 tablet at a time.

gaze

@gaze @mrchibbs

It complicates things further that people's ratio needs change over time. Back in February, I couldn't tolerate even two drops of Tyromax without getting adrenaline symptoms and low temp, but I got great effects from cynomel T3 only--it lowered my high heart rate and stopped my hot flashes. After a week on 12.5mg T3 split throughout the day, I was able to slowly increase my tyromax up to a grain. I got good results from a 1:1 ratio of t4:t3 for a while, but the hot flashes came back.

Looking back, I think i had a histamine reaction to the desiccated material. When I switched from NDT to cynoplus/cynomel in June, I was able to work up to two grains, a higher dose than before, with a higher ratio of t4:t3, without any adrenaline symptoms or hot flashes. Currently, a 3:1 ratio of t4:t3 works best for me. I use cynomel in the mornings (3/8 cynomel tablet total, split up) and cynoplus (3/4 cynoplus tablet total, split up) throughout the afternoon, 1/4 tablet at a time.
out of curiosity, do you have any thyroid labs before starting the tyromax?

Vileplume

out of curiosity, do you have any thyroid labs before starting the tyromax?
Yes, I posted them in this thread: Change in TSH and Cholesterol after 1.5 months taking 6-7 drops tyromax daily, with ~20mcg cynomel T3

As a side note, when I emailed Peat about the change in cholesterol and TSH, he said that "those changes indicate a good response to thyroid," which led me to believe my hot flashes were from histamines or something, rather than poor thyroid function or hyperthyroidism.

From the post:

Blood Numbers in October 2020 (before taking any thyroid):
Total Cholesterol: 206
(Standard Range <200 mg/dL)
Triglyceride: 97 (Standard Range <150 mg/dL)
HDL Cholesterol: 58 (Standard Range >40 mg/dL)
LDL Cholesterol: 129 (Standard Range<130 mg/dL)
TSH: 1.32 (Standard Range 0.34 - 4.82 uIU/mL)
Glucose: 106 (Standard Range 70 - 100 mg/dL)

Blood Numbers April 17, 2021 (taking 6-7 drops Tyromax plus 20 mcg cynomel, neither dosed prior to taking the test that day)
Total Cholesterol: 184
(dropped 22, Standard Range <200 mg/dL)
Triglyceride: 92 (dropped 5, Standard Range <150 mg/dL)
HDL Cholesterol: 40 (dropped 18, Standard Range >40 mg/dL)
LDL Cholesterol: 126 (dropped 3, Standard Range<130 mg/dL)
TSH: 0.08 (dropped 1.24, Standard Range 0.34 - 4.82 uIU/mL)
Glucose: 103 (dropped 3, Standard Range 70 - 100 mg/dL)

Highlights/Questions:
-Cholesterol dropped 22, down to 184.
Is this a good level to have cholesterol, when supplementing thyroid? I know Dr. Peat speaks highly of high cholesterol, but what is an ideal cholesterol level while supplementing thyroid? Was it better to have it at 206?
-HDL dropped a lot, from 58 to 40. Is this a good thing?
-TSH down from 1.32 to 0.08. Is this to be expected with thyroid supplementation? Is it a good thing when thyroid supplementation lowers your TSH so much?

gaze

Yes, I posted them in this thread: Change in TSH and Cholesterol after 1.5 months taking 6-7 drops tyromax daily, with ~20mcg cynomel T3

As a side note, when I emailed Peat about the change in cholesterol and TSH, he said that "those changes indicate a good response to thyroid," which led me to believe my hot flashes were from histamines or something, rather than poor thyroid function or hyperthyroidism.

From the post:

Blood Numbers in October 2020 (before taking any thyroid):
Total Cholesterol: 206
(Standard Range <200 mg/dL)
Triglyceride: 97 (Standard Range <150 mg/dL)
HDL Cholesterol: 58 (Standard Range >40 mg/dL)
LDL Cholesterol: 129 (Standard Range<130 mg/dL)
TSH: 1.32 (Standard Range 0.34 - 4.82 uIU/mL)
Glucose: 106 (Standard Range 70 - 100 mg/dL)

Blood Numbers April 17, 2021 (taking 6-7 drops Tyromax plus 20 mcg cynomel, neither dosed prior to taking the test that day)
Total Cholesterol: 184
(dropped 22, Standard Range <200 mg/dL)
Triglyceride: 92 (dropped 5, Standard Range <150 mg/dL)
HDL Cholesterol: 40 (dropped 18, Standard Range >40 mg/dL)
LDL Cholesterol: 126 (dropped 3, Standard Range<130 mg/dL)
TSH: 0.08 (dropped 1.24, Standard Range 0.34 - 4.82 uIU/mL)
Glucose: 103 (dropped 3, Standard Range 70 - 100 mg/dL)

Highlights/Questions:
-Cholesterol dropped 22, down to 184.
Is this a good level to have cholesterol, when supplementing thyroid? I know Dr. Peat speaks highly of high cholesterol, but what is an ideal cholesterol level while supplementing thyroid? Was it better to have it at 206?
-HDL dropped a lot, from 58 to 40. Is this a good thing?
-TSH down from 1.32 to 0.08. Is this to be expected with thyroid supplementation? Is it a good thing when thyroid supplementation lowers your TSH so much?
interesting. were you taking magnesium at the same time ?

sun-maid

@gaze @mrchibbs

Where do you guys get your cynomel/cynoplus ? (PM is you want)

Vileplume

CLASH

I think @Jennifer, @mrchibbs, and @CLASH did. Hopefully some others too!
I have used Tyromax for 2 years now or so. It brought my waking temps to 98.0 flat, where they have stayed since.

When I was working night shift in the hospital, during the winter in the northeast I was using 3 grains of thyroid to keep my temps up. I subsequently moved to Florida and began working day shift. I didn't quite feel right for a while, kind of flat mood, androgenic tone took a hit.

I wound up donating blood, and in doing so had a free cholesterol panel done by the company. When I got my labs back I was a bit surprised, my total cholesterol was 88mg/ dl (see attached screenshot from my donor portal). I checked my cholesterol level prior to hopping on NDT, it was 160mg/ dl.

A few of my clients, my gf and my sister are also on tyromax. Their temps have come into range with continued use as well.

Needless to say, In my experience Haidut's Tyromax is legit.

In case anyone is interested, I followed Dr. Peat/ Broda Barnes protocol to a T, and my clients and family did as well, in order to get their temps up using Tyromax.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 12.11.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 12.11.31 AM.png
    203 KB · Views: 77

gaze

I have used Tyromax for 2 years now or so. It brought my waking temps to 98.0 flat, where they have stayed since.

When I was working night shift in the hospital, during the winter in the northeast I was using 3 grains of thyroid to keep my temps up. I subsequently moved to Florida and began working day shift. I didn't quite feel right for a while, kind of flat mood, androgenic tone took a hit.

I wound up donating blood, and in doing so had a free cholesterol panel done by the company. When I got my labs back I was a bit surprised, my total cholesterol was 88mg/ dl (see attached screenshot from my donor portal). I checked my cholesterol level prior to hopping on NDT, it was 160mg/ dl.

A few of my clients, my gf and my sister are also on tyromax. Their temps have come into range with continued use as well.

Needless to say, In my experience Haidut's Tyromax is legit.

In case anyone is interested, I followed Dr. Peat/ Broda Barnes protocol to a T, and my clients and family did as well, in order to get their temps up using Tyromax.
how much did you cut back to raise your cholesterol again? and what was your temps during that low cholesterol period ?

CLASH

how much did you cut back to raise your cholesterol again? and what was your temps during that low cholesterol period ?
I cut back by one grain and monitored my morning temps for 2 weeks, then I cut back another grain in the same fashion. I wound up at 1 grain in the AM. My goal in monitoring my temps was to make sure my temp. didn't dip below 97.8.

During my low cholesterol period my waking temps started trending up to 98.2. My afternoon temps were between 98.0-99.0.

Now I sit at 98.0 in the AM, and I dont track my afternoon temps. Once I establish a dose, unless I feel that something is off, I only track my AM temps.

Many times, when my dose is right I wont even keep a log. I just wake up, check my temp. and if its between 97.8-98.2 I'm happy. It's only when things go awry that I start logging again. When I first started NDT I kept a 2-3 month log.

Jennifer

And once you've found your dose, it can feel like it's doing nothing so you stop for a few weeks and then you realize how much better you feel with thyroid. It alleviates a lot of nagging symptoms, and helps to raise energy levels and metabolism, but it's not a cure in of itself. Our modern environments are so much worse than what Broda Barnes described.

So it's like Ray said, using a little thyroid is just extra protection and mimics the ancestral diets which used to contain thyroid.

In my experience, this is so true. Thinking it wasn’t doing anything anymore, I weaned myself off of NDT not that long ago, but ended up losing my period, something I used to struggle with getting in the past, so I got right back on TyroMax and my period came back. I’ve been taking it for 2 years now and was hoping I wouldn’t need it anymore, but I’ve only been able to eat properly a little over a year now, I’ve been hypo since birth and I live in New England so…

Similar to CLASH, if I’m not careful, NDT drops my cholesterol too low and I get symptoms of adrenaline. I’ve been able to keep my cholesterol above 160 by keeping my fiber intake low and my (non-allergenic) sugar intake high. My mum experiences the same thing and recently had to reduce her dose of TyroMax because her cholesterol dropped too low, however, she still struggles with hypo symptoms so we’re working on raising her cholesterol so she can safely raise her thyroid dose.

gaze

I cut back by one grain and monitored my morning temps for 2 weeks, then I cut back another grain in the same fashion. I wound up at 1 grain in the AM. My goal in monitoring my temps was to make sure my temp. didn't dip below 97.8.

During my low cholesterol period my waking temps started trending up to 98.2. My afternoon temps were between 98.0-99.0.

Now I sit at 98.0 in the AM, and I dont track my afternoon temps. Once I establish a dose, unless I feel that something is off, I only track my AM temps.

Many times, when my dose is right I wont even keep a log. I just wake up, check my temp. and if its between 97.8-98.2 I'm happy. It's only when things go awry that I start logging again. When I first started NDT I kept a 2-3 month log.
makes sense. id never heard of a cholesterol dropping that low from thyroid, in fact 88 is one of the lowest i've heard a cholesterol drop from anything. I know ray sometimes recommends people to be slightly hyper thyroid for some protective benefits, but if cholesterol drops from it I think any protection from the higher body temp may be offset by the subpar hormones

CLASH

makes sense. id never heard of a cholesterol dropping that low from thyroid, in fact 88 is one of the lowest i've heard a cholesterol drop from anything. I know ray sometimes recommends people to be slightly hyper thyroid for some protective benefits, but if cholesterol drops from it I think any protection from the higher body temp may be offset by the subpar hormones

I don't think it was solely the NDT, but the NDT was a large part. Other factors included fiber intake, and increase consumption of MUFA relative to SFA.

Lollipop2

I don't think it was solely the NDT, but the NDT was a large part. Other factors included fiber intake, and increase consumption of MUFA relative to SFA.
These are good mechanisms to note. Thank you for sharing.

V

valdz

Glad I read these experiences from this page. I might have to try Tyromax once I run out of Tyromix. I first tried the powdered NDT from Lifegivingstore and it lowered my TSH significantly but not so much my TPO ab. After that, Tyromix for a couple mos and got labwork. I don't think I was using enough of it bc it raised my TSH (from 0.6 to 2.7) but lowered the TPO ab (from 18 to 14)... Also, if that's the case with Tyromax lowering their cholesterol (@CLASH, @Jennifer) then I might have to give this a try since my cholesterol is already on the high side. Thanks ya'll!

Jennifer

You’re welcome, @valdz. May I ask, were you diagnosed with Hashimoto’s? I also had elevated TPO ab. and cholesterol levels and both came down within range when my doctor prescribed me NDT (WP thyroid) and have stayed within range on TyroMax. If I’m not mistaken, the thyroid glandular from Life Giving Store isn’t USP grade/standardized? Did it or TyroMix drop your cholesterol at all?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals