TyroMax - Liquid Thyroid (NDT), USP

Lollipop2

are the current batches of tyromax in transparent bottles?
I just got some maybe two weeks ago and it was non transparent. The batch before was transparent bottles. I imagine they use what is on hand - the non transparent ran out maybe?

gaze

I just got some maybe two weeks ago and it was non transparent. The batch before was transparent bottles. I imagine they use what is on hand - the non transparent ran out maybe?
how much do you shake the non-transparent ones before use?

gaze

The same. Because it mixes the NDT back into the MCT.
I know, but can you specify how long it usually took? I've never used either one, so If I get some now I wouldn't know how long it takes to mix

Korven

I know, but can you specify how long it usually took? I've never used either one, so If I get some now I wouldn't know how long it takes to mix

I find that you need to give it a vigorous shake (10 seconds or more) to get everything mixed together. Still feel like a lot of the NDT is stuck in the bottom, because as I go through a bottle I can see more thyroid tissue in the drops. Would honestly prefer taking NDT pills or synthetic T3 + T4 so I can get a consistent dose.

Lollipop2

I hit the bottle bottom against my palm for like 20 sec? Never counted. It mixes well. I think better than simply shaking.

Lollipop2

I find that you need to give it a vigorous shake (10 seconds or more) to get everything mixed together. Still feel like a lot of the NDT is stuck in the bottom, because as I go through a bottle I can see more thyroid tissue in the drops. Would honestly prefer taking NDT pills or synthetic T3 + T4 so I can get a consistent dose.
I mentioned above, I hit the bottle bottom against my palm for maybe 20 secs or more. It mixes well. Having taken Tyromax for a few years now I am confident in the dose consistency.

Korven

I mentioned above, I hit the bottle bottom against my palm for maybe 20 secs or more. It mixes well. Having taken Tyromax for a few years now I am confident in the dose consistency.

Thanks!! I will try the "smack your Tyromax bottle" technique instead of shaking

P

Peatness

If someone has a bile issue, low bile, would it affect the absorption of tyromax?

Vileplume

Can this be taken orally with food or will it affect the absorption?

According to Dr. Peat, taking any thyroid medication with food will delay and spread out the absorption, which is usually a good thing because it more closely mimics our natural thyroid gland, rather than having a sudden influx of T3. From what I gather in Dr. Peat’s interviews, this delayed absorption applies to all forms of thyroid, synthetic or NDT.

According to Dr. Peat, taking any thyroid medication with food will delay and spread out the absorption, which is usually a good thing because it more closely mimics our natural thyroid gland, rather than having a sudden influx of T3. From what I gather in Dr. Peat’s interviews, this delayed absorption applies to all forms of thyroid, synthetic or NDT.
Thanks! That helped.

GreekDemiGod

I'm curious if anyone has gotten Tyromax to work long-term as their sole thyroid treatment combination.
Not needing to add T3, or mess with the ratios. Anyone for whom NDT alone is reliable over long-term?

Vileplume

I'm curious if anyone has gotten Tyromax to work long-term as their sole thyroid treatment combination.
Not needing to add T3, or mess with the ratios. Anyone for whom NDT alone is reliable over long-term?
I think @Jennifer, @mrchibbs, and @CLASH did. Hopefully some others too!

mrchibbs

I think @Jennifer, @mrchibbs, and @CLASH did. Hopefully some others too!

Yeah for me I've found that all the combination products people use here are effective. Cynoplus with a meal is just as good as TyroMix and the NDT from LGS is effective too.

And once you've found your dose, it can feel like it's doing nothing so you stop for a few weeks and then you realize how much better you feel with thyroid. It alleviates a lot of nagging symptoms, and helps to raise energy levels and metabolism, but it's not a cure in of itself. Our modern environments are so much worse than what Broda Barnes described.

So it's like Ray said, using a little thyroid is just extra protection and mimics the ancestral diets which used to contain thyroid.

It's just a matter of consistency, pairing with meals and not upping the dose too quickly. In order of trickiness, Cynoplus>TyroMix>NDT simply because synthetic has to be dosed more carefully.

sun-maid

Yeah for me I've found that all the combination products people use here are effective. Cynoplus with a meal is just as good as TyroMix and the NDT from LGS is effective too.

And once you've found your dose, it can feel like it's doing nothing so you stop for a few weeks and then you realize how much better you feel with thyroid. It alleviates a lot of nagging symptoms, and helps to raise energy levels and metabolism, but it's not a cure in of itself. Our modern environments are so much worse than what Broda Barnes described.

So it's like Ray said, using a little thyroid is just extra protection and mimics the ancestral diets which used to contain thyroid.

It's just a matter of consistency, pairing with meals and not upping the dose too quickly. In order of trickiness, Cynoplus>TyroMix>NDT simply because synthetic has to be dosed more carefully.

Do you take your thyroid supp with calcium rich meal? I read It can interfere with absorbtion.

gaze

ray sent me this email earlier in the year:

If a young person with a good liver can maintain good temps on T4 only, cynoplus, and cynoplus + cynomel which would you recommend?

Ray: "Cynoplus alone works well for most people"

seems like cynoplus/NDT is the best route, while focusing on vitamin D and nutriton. dosing T3 seems very difficult to get perfect. it also seems to throw a lot of people off