TyroMax - Liquid Thyroid (NDT), USP

ernst

Great post, thanks so much. Really interested in why you take a dose in the middle of the night? Is this to improve your ability to wake up? I’m struggling with this too and perhaps thought a small dose directly before bed might help me, but I haven’t tried yet.

Could you let me know what time you take your middle night dose and how that relates to when you sleep and wake? I’m very keen to try this, and want to hear your expertise before diving straight in! Thanks!

Edit: Easy and safe to try out would be installing incandescents beside your bed with brooder lamps, you could set two alarms and nod a little bit in the light if you enjoy it.

Just trying out different times. I wake up once during the night anyway at the moment, so I put an alarm exactly halfway through to take it and snack something. So far I can notice is that the usual feeling of coldness I had in the morning before showering and eating is reduced.
Regarding the ability to wake up, I cannot help you there as I this is always easy for me.
I would say one can definitely try this application scheme and perceive the reaction (for more info on this timing you could search "Circadian T3 method", some people seem to use it against low morning cortisol).

I understand your confusion about thyroid dosing, there seem to be many completely different protocols. When comparing synthetic thyroid hormones to Ndt, the latter should release slower. I never saw a study with the pharmacokinetics of it, so I do not know if you can even compare dosage protocols between the two.
I will write back with my experience about it to you and I also ordered a copy of Barnes' book to see how he doses it in his practice, I will give you that info, too.

Haidut, can you chime in on this because it doesn’t appear to make sense.

Not haidut here, I was surprised about people reporting effects with topical administration, too.
I would expect it not to work, as T3 and T4 are bound to thyreoglobulin and therefore they must be liberated before topical absorption. Maybe it is predigested in the solution?

Last edited:

golder

Edit:
I will write back with my experience about it to you and I also ordered a copy of Barnes' book to see how he doses it in his practice, I will give you that info, too.

Thanks so much, very much looking forward to your experience/Barnes’ info!

ernst

Thanks so much, very much looking forward to your experience/Barnes’ info!
Regarding my experience, I found out that dosing twice during the day works out better for me (one dose at approximately 7:30 AM, the other approximately at 2 PM, both with food). Taking it before bed/ during the night somehow makes my sleep feel less refreshing (not that big of a difference, so could be a coincidence, too).

If you are familiar with Ray Peat's articles and associated persons, the book has little to offer in terms of dosing. It contained nothing new for me regarding it, he describes in detail on what dosage to start, how to raise and how to track temperature (+of course his clinical experience regarding different illnesses) but somehow the dosing frequency is entirely omitted. If you are not familiar with that information, write me a PN and I can give you a short summary if you want. Does anyone have more information regarding Barnes' dosage timing?
It is still very much worth to read in my opinion if you are interested in the topic.

Haidut, if you feel like we are hijacking the thread please tell us and we can create a new one, I am not sure if this is appropriate here.

PJ Merk

@haidut. When using Tyromax have you found a need to use rt3? What symptoms would you expect. The labs show borderline high rt3 before Tyromax and there seems to be some aggitation and some mild symptoms. Sleep is interrupted waking about 4 hours into the night i believe due to cortisol. A candida issue continues and is being addressed. Thanks!

Progesterone

I started giving TyroMax to my rat one week ago because it was not happy with synthetic T3 and T4.

Taking 2 grains (split in 2 doses, one in the middle of the night and one at noon) works considerably better than taking the roughly equivalent dose of synthetic T3 and T4 so far.
However, the timing also changed (dosed the T3 four times a day prior to taking Ndt).

To sum it up, so far I am really happy with Tyromax, thank you for the product! I will update about the effects in a few months.

Update?

Lila

Hi! Wondering how important pasture-raised/organic animal product is when choosing an NDT, and whether the source for TyroMax might be pastured. I'm torn between Thyro-Gold and Ancestral Supplements, both of which definitely are pasture-raised beef, and TyroMax. My liver isn't in great shape, so I think that might mean TyroMax is best, even if it turns out the animal source isn't great.

Thanks!

J

jb116

Interesting thanks. I might have to give that a go. What makes you say that in terms of which improvements and at what oral/topical size dosage?
In 2016 or so, I only used that for a month and in that time saw drastic improvements in sleep (less to none wake ups), better glycogen storage in general between meals.
I then when on with caffeine and K2. All remarkable. I'd say do that first and then consider thyroid supplement.

golder

Amazing thanks. What time were you taking the mitolipin? Before bed? If so, what dosage and was it oral or topical? thanks so much!

J

jb116

Amazing thanks. What time were you taking the mitolipin? Before bed? If so, what dosage and was it oral or topical? thanks so much!
Before bed, oral, with usually full dose serving first week or so then tapered down to half for 2 weeks or so and finally down to a quarter. Now I take it occasionally and/or after a high pufa meal if vit E is not available.

jaakkima

Would diarrhea be likely to reduce absorption? @haidut I'm not finding info on how NDT is absorbed.

Last edited:

sun-maid

Hey! I have a bottle of Tyromax sitting in the fridge (MCT/Toco version) for some time now. I was wondering if the thyroid goes bad at some point ? @haidut

shine

Like around 1.5 years

I think haidut can't comment on use after 1 year because of FDA regulations. My personal opinion is that products that are over 1 year old still work fine. The MCT and vitamin E should prevent it from "going bad" for even longer. I have other NDT products in capsule form that have a way longer expiration date. I would just try it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals