TyroMax - Liquid Thyroid (NDT), USP

RePeatRePeat

My temps are back up. I just have to eat more than I think I can! With Lapodin added to my regimen I have to up my calories even though I don't always feel hungry.

For anyone wondering, Tyromax is one of the best Idea Labs products and the best thyroid I have ever used. I have been on levothyroxine, Armour, time released T3, ordinary T3, nature-throid, nature-throid pure, and custom compounded capsules of porcine thyroid with only rice powder or cellulose as filler (don't recall which). NONE of those helped me as much as Tyromax. I use the same amount I used of the rx thyroid. When I began using the Tyromax I was afraid to jump into it because I read how strong it was. I would take it in smaller doses throug the day. In the end I found my dosage taken once a day does best.

jmojo

TyroMix is just a mix of T4/T3 in a ratio lower (i.e. T3 is increased) than what you'd find in an NDT. TyroMax is NDT and as such contains T1, T2, calcitonin, thyroglobulin and a host of other chemicals we are just beginning to learn about. But for most purposes a T4/T3 mix seems to be enough to improve thyroid function.
Both products are available from the link below.
www.idealabsdc.com/lab

Thanks for the info Haidut!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
My temps are back up. I just have to eat more than I think I can! With Lapodin added to my regimen I have to up my calories even though I don't always feel hungry.

For anyone wondering, Tyromax is one of the best Idea Labs products and the best thyroid I have ever used. I have been on levothyroxine, Armour, time released T3, ordinary T3, nature-throid, nature-throid pure, and custom compounded capsules of porcine thyroid with only rice powder or cellulose as filler (don't recall which). NONE of those helped me as much as Tyromax. I use the same amount I used of the rx thyroid. When I began using the Tyromax I was afraid to jump into it because I read how strong it was. I would take it in smaller doses throug the day. In the end I found my dosage taken once a day does best.

Thanks for the great feedback! I also found that NDT works best when I used it once daily a few years ago. I guess it allows the organism to convert the T4 into T3 while taking multiple doses daily may build up too much T4 and thus elevate rT3.

Uncaged

@haidut I did a search and didn't see a mention of whether this is a T3/T4 combo, or just T3. I believe I'm having an issue with my current NDT by Dr. Ron's, and my body inactivating the T4 and creating RT3. I'm looking for a T3 only supplement, with hope that it may help with the horrible adrenaline response I'm currently having. I wake up every morning to my entire body shaking. While on the NDT I haven't noticed an increase in temps, or pulse, after 5 months use.

Edit: It didn't show up in a search for me, but I just read 3 posts before mine, and that answers my question. I suppose my only question would be, do you think I'm better off with the TyroMix, if I believe T4 is an issue right now?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I did a search and didn't see a mention of whether this is a T3/T4 combo, or just T3. I believe I'm having an issue with my current NDT by Dr. Ron's, and my body inactivating the T4 and creating RT3. I'm looking for a T3 only supplement, with hope that it may help with the horrible adrenaline response I'm currently having. I wake up every morning to my entire body shaking. While on the NDT I haven't noticed an increase in temps, or pulse, after 5 months use.

Edit: It didn't show up in a search for me, but I just read 3 posts before mine, and that answers my question. I suppose my only question would be, do you think I'm better off with the TyroMix, if I believe T4 is an issue right now?

Have you checked your rT3? There could be many other factors preventing thyroid from working properly, including elevated FFA, infection, vitamin deficiencies (especially vitamin A), etc. I would check those things before assuming NDT does not work.

Uncaged

Have you checked your rT3? There could be many other factors preventing thyroid from working properly, including elevated FFA, infection, vitamin deficiencies (especially vitamin A), etc. I would check those things before assuming NDT does not work.

I have not, recently. The last test I had (2015) showed elevated T4 and RT3. I can't recall the exact numbers, but I have gone through what I would consider extreme stress and significant calorie restriction, since that test.

I was taking 9 of the Dr. Ron's NDT, everyday, for the past 4 months, and have noted a slight increase in temps (i.e. - morning temp has increased from ~96 to ~96.4).

But alongside the NDT I have noticed increased adrenaline actions, palpitations, panic/anxiety and the sensation of my skin heating up, in the morning. This is followed by depression, lack of motivation and lethargy, buzzing/twitching in muscles, throughout the day.

I have not been able to tolerate the PanSterone, even though I felt incredible when I first started it (increased mood, motivation and libido). I assume I have to get my thyroid in check, before I'll be able to tolerate it. Improper thread, but I will note that applying directly to the scrotum (3 drops daily), made a significant impact, as opposed to upper (hair free) arms.

I'm rambling now. I'm going to give the Tyronene a test run, and have my levels checked again, as soon as I can afford it.

Last edited:

Dobbler

One last question for king Haidut. Can coffee reduce the absorption when taken same time orally?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have not, recently. The last test I had (2015) showed elevated T4 and RT3. I can't recall the exact numbers, but I have gone through what I would consider extreme stress and significant calorie restriction, since that test.

I was taking 9 of the Dr. Ron's NDT, everyday, for the past 4 months, and have noted a slight increase in temps (i.e. - morning temp has increased from ~96 to ~96.4).

But alongside the NDT I have noticed increased adrenaline actions, palpitations, panic/anxiety and the sensation of my skin heating up, in the morning. This is followed by depression, lack of motivation and lethargy, buzzing/twitching in muscles, throughout the day.

I have not been able to tolerate the PanSterone, even though I felt incredible when I first started it (increased mood, motivation and libido). I assume I have to get my thyroid in check, before I'll be able to tolerate it. Improper thread, but I will note that applying directly to the scrotum (3 drops daily), made a significant impact, as opposed to upper (hair free) arms.

I'm rambling now. I'm going to give the Tyronene a test run, and have my levels checked again, as soon as I can afford it.

You've been taking 9 what - 9 grains of NDT? If true, that is way way too much and can backfire.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
One last question for king Haidut. Can coffee reduce the absorption when taken same time orally?

I don't think so. Coffee affects more things like minerals and vitamins.

Uncaged

You've been taking 9 what - 9 grains of NDT? If true, that is way way too much and can backfire.

9 capsules.

Dr. Ron's doesn't specify amounts of T3/T4, and when I asked, I was told, "we do not assay nutritional content of the thyroid as the amount varies too greatly from batch to batch."

The bottle reads: "Freeze-dried New Zealand thyroid (bovine, 30mg per capsule)".

The rep from Dr. Ron's did specify that 1 capsule of Dr. Ron's Thyroid is equivalent to 2 capsules of Thiroyd brand NDT (comparing mG to mG). I was recommended, as a dietary supplement to use between 6-9 capsules.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170303-150253.jpg
    Screenshot_20170303-150253.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 46
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
9 capsules.

Dr. Ron's doesn't specify amounts of T3/T4, and when I asked, I was told, "we do not assay nutritional content of the thyroid as the amount varies too greatly from batch to batch."

The bottle reads: "Freeze-dried New Zealand thyroid (bovine, 30mg per capsule)".

The rep from Dr. Ron's did specify that 1 capsule of Dr. Ron's Thyroid is equivalent to 2 capsules of Thiroyd brand NDT (comparing mG to mG). I was recommended, as a dietary supplement to use between 6-9 capsules.

I don't know what to tell you then. If one capsule is equal to 2 capsules Thyroid, then you are possible ingesting up to 18 grains of NDT daily. Clearly that is excessive in any context.

Uncaged

I can't imagine that their product potency is close to Thiroyd. Then again, maybe. If that's the case, then for them to recommend a base of 6, eventually working up to 9, is nuts.

I am not supplementing with the Dr. Ron's I have left. I'm going to give the Tyronene a go, and start out small, to see if I can flush any excess rT3 and T4 out of my system.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I can't imagine that their product potency is close to Thiroyd. Then again, maybe. If that's the case, then for them to recommend a base of 6, eventually working up to 9, is nuts.

Yeah, a very appropriate word - nuts. I would ask again and ask about equivalence in grains, not how much T4/T3 it contains as most vendors do not want to report that to avoid audit by FDA and confiscation.

Uncaged

Yeah, a very appropriate word - nuts. I would ask again and ask about equivalence in grains, not how much T4/T3 it contains as most vendors do not want to report that to avoid audit by FDA and confiscation.

I did not know that. Thank you for clarifying. I will ask right now.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Can there be a non-DMSO version for people who take this orally?

Not sure what else can be used as a solvent. I may just change this into emulsion with MCT and some emulsifier like phosphatidylcholine.

encerent

Not sure what else can be used as a solvent. I may just change this into emulsion with MCT and some emulsifier like phosphatidylcholine.

I hope you don't stop this product. Theoretically the T4/T3 and T3 products you have seem better. But NDT is safe and can gently help people for long periods or permanently

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I hope you don't stop this product. Theoretically the T4/T3 and T3 products you have seem better. But NDT is safe and can gently help people for long periods or permanently

No worries, no plans to stop it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter