TyroMax - Liquid Thyroid (NDT), USP

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
i took 1 drop on my tongue, swished it around w/water & swallowed. i have such a major burst of energy!

Awesome, thanks for reporting!

Experiment101

Thanks, haidut for providing so many incredible products.

Long time lurker here, starting to really experiment with supplements. I am drawn to thyroid since
a) my mother is hypo (dx and uses synthroid)
b) my pulse rate is chronically low (< 60 resting). I don't track temperature although I know I need to
c) I have been battling insomnia off and on since the spring, and I am hoping thyroid can help me improve cellular energy production.
Note my doctor refused to test free t3/t4 but my latest TSH was 2.7.

I started with one drop of tyromax last week after breakfast and subsequently felt EXHAUSTED. Same thing the next day.

Any thoughts? Switching from stress hormones? Should I suck it up and keep going or try something else first?

Also note I am working on increasing my fat soluble vitamins since here in the Northeast the sun has long gone away for the winter.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks, haidut for providing so many incredible products.

Long time lurker here, starting to really experiment with supplements. I am drawn to thyroid since
a) my mother is hypo (dx and uses synthroid)
b) my pulse rate is chronically low (< 60 resting). I don't track temperature although I know I need to
c) I have been battling insomnia off and on since the spring, and I am hoping thyroid can help me improve cellular energy production.
Note my doctor refused to test free t3/t4 but my latest TSH was 2.7.

I started with one drop of tyromax last week after breakfast and subsequently felt EXHAUSTED. Same thing the next day.

Any thoughts? Switching from stress hormones? Should I suck it up and keep going or try something else first?

Also note I am working on increasing my fat soluble vitamins since here in the Northeast the sun has long gone away for the winter.

Some people feel tired when stress hormones go down. Maybe TyroMix or Tyronene could be considered as an alternative, since they seem to absorb better than TyroMax. At least that's the feedback we have been getting from rat experiments.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Nikki

Haidut, could you help me determine if this is appropriate for a severely hypothyroid dog? Are people taking this orally that you are aware of? For the dog, I would prefer to give it orally with food unless that would reduce efficacy. My dog's T3 and T4 are so low, they are undetectable by the lab. He takes 1mg of levothyroxine, a higher dose than any dog my vets have ever treated. I have no idea how to translate a dose of synthetic T4 into a dose of NDT. Is there any sort of table that could help me figure this out? And how best to proceed, gradually reduce the synthetic as I introduce the NDT, or cold turkey switch?

Also, my other pets get a diet which has a lot (60%) of raw chicken neck in it. My understanding is the necks contain thyroid glands or remnants. I don't think my dogs are hyperthyroid (so far, no tests have revealed this). I wondered if you would be inclined to think it's a good idea to keep feeding this as long as T4 levels remain normal. Do you think this could cause a dangerous change in endogenous production so that the become dependent on eating necks or otherwise remaining on some type of T3/T4 supplement.

I appreciate the guidance.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, could you help me determine if this is appropriate for a severely hypothyroid dog? Are people taking this orally that you are aware of? For the dog, I would prefer to give it orally with food unless that would reduce efficacy. My dog's T3 and T4 are so low, they are undetectable by the lab. He takes 1mg of levothyroxine, a higher dose than any dog my vets have ever treated. I have no idea how to translate a dose of synthetic T4 into a dose of NDT. Is there any sort of table that could help me figure this out? And how best to proceed, gradually reduce the synthetic as I introduce the NDT, or cold turkey switch?

Also, my other pets get a diet which has a lot (60%) of raw chicken neck in it. My understanding is the necks contain thyroid glands or remnants. I don't think my dogs are hyperthyroid (so far, no tests have revealed this). I wondered if you would be inclined to think it's a good idea to keep feeding this as long as T4 levels remain normal. Do you think this could cause a dangerous change in endogenous production so that the become dependent on eating necks or otherwise remaining on some type of T3/T4 supplement.

I appreciate the guidance.

There are various charts I have seen online and here is one of he first links that comes up when I searched for conversion formula from T4 to NDT or T3.
NDT conversion chart accuracy? - Inspire
**********************************************************************************************************************************************
"...I switched to natural thyroid for my T3, but my TSH is going up and I don't feel well, what is wrong?

There are charts out there giving incorrect amount of natural thyroid (Nature-throid or Armour) to replace pure T4. These charts say 1 grain has the same effect as 100 mcg T4. This is just not the case. I grain of natural thyroid has only 38 mcg T4 and 9 mcg T3. This can not have the same effect as pure 100 mcg T4.

38 + [9x (varies by person but try 2.5)] = 38 + 22.5 = 60.5 T4 equivalent in my case because 1 mcg T3 has the same effect for me as 2.5 mcg T4.

38 + [9x (varies by person but try 3.5)] = 38 + 31.5 = 69.5 T4 equivalent in a person where 1 mcg T3 has the same effect as 3.5 mcg T4.

What you were on and what you might try on Nature-throid or Armour using 2.5 effect:
125 mcg pure T4 swap to 2 grains
150 mcg pure T4 swap to 2.5 grains
175 mcg pure T4 swap to 3 grains

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

Now, these conversions above are simply suggestive. Keep in mind that conversion of T4 into T3 depends on many factors including liver health, age, steroid balance, etc so a statement like "125mcg T4 is equivalent to 2 grains NDT" or "3.5mcg T4 has the same effect as 1mcg T3" are very theoretical and may not hold for your particular case.
Quite a few people have reported using TyroMax orally and often with better results than topical. So, if the dogs are OK with the DMSO taste I don't see a reason not to try it orally.

Dobbler

Hey guys, do you take tyromax topically with food that has calcium (cheese) or meat (iron), ive read they can decrease the absorption. Also do you store it in fridge or normal closet? Thanks.

Wagner83

Why do you take the naturally dessicated thyroid topically? Doesn't it need to be processed by the digestive system to be beneficial?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I just wanted to say that there is one weird thing that we discovered with topical NDT. While we confirmed that Tyromax does absorb topically and does raise T4/T3 levels, it seems to not affect TSH levels much when taken topically. When taken orally, it drops TSH down to almost zero within a week or so but it has little effect on the blood levels of T4 and T3. So, go figure, really weird results but matching what people using TyroMax reported. I wonder if Peat can maybe provide some clarity on that. If I were to guess, I would say there is some feedback mechanism between liver and pituitary and orally taken thyroid quickly lowers TSH but blood levels of T4/T3 depend largely in liver health and oral thyroud may not raise them much in people with sluggish liver function. Topically, since most of the liver metabolism is bypassed, the T4/T3 levels do rise but since the liver did not get to process much of the applied thyroid it did not signal the pituitary to drop TSH levels.

Dobbler

Interesting, so would you rather take it orally or topically? I assume orally. Can i just drop 1 drop to my mouth or should i mix it with glass of water ? Im starting real slow took 1 drop to my wrist. Nobody answered should i take these between meals because of calcium and iron or not?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Interesting, so would you rather take it orally or topically? I assume orally. Can i just drop 1 drop to my mouth or should i mix it with glass of water ? Im starting real slow took 1 drop to my wrist. Nobody answered should i take these between meals because of calcium and iron or not?

I would try both and stick with what raises pulse/temps more. It really depend son liver function I guess. I would always take with meals, the calcium is not that big of an issue unless you are taking antibiotics with it.

Dobbler

Hmm interesting, ive been taking about 8 drops for 3 days now. Not feeling much yet but little less stressed and a bit less anxious than usual. But morning body temp before eating dropped from 36.6 celsius (97.88 f) to 36.3 (97.34). Can this be because ive been running on stress hormones for so long? Or mby because i went to gym last evening? Im worried that this constant fatique and bad mood is because of adrenal fatique after all..

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hmm interesting, ive been taking about 8 drops for 3 days now. Not feeling much yet but little less stressed and a bit less anxious than usual. But morning body temp before eating dropped from 36.6 celsius (97.88 f) to 36.3 (97.34). Can this be because ive been running on stress hormones for so long? Or mby because i went to gym last evening? Im worried that this constant fatique and bad mood is because of adrenal fatique after all..

Some people reported better results with oral use. We can't endorse such use though.

RePeatRePeat

Hmmm. Will have to check out the other thyroid products as well. I noticed big changes with Tyromax (I take it orally) but have noticed lately that my temperatures are lower than they were. Only change is I have been using Lapodin. My temps should be going up.

Last edited:

Dobbler

Okey its kicking in today :D F*ck man huge drive today and my brain feels like its getting this constant stream of energy, feels amazing
Dont ever stop making these products man youre a god :D

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Okey its kicking in today :D F*ck man huge drive today and my brain feels like its getting this constant stream of energy, feels amazing
Dont ever stop making these products man youre a god :D

Nice, music to my ears! Thanks for sharing!

jmojo

Hey guys and Haidut, after doing some searching, I cannot find out where to order Tyromax from. It is not available at the IdeaLabs website. Also, what is Tyromix?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hey guys and Haidut, after doing some searching, I cannot find out where to order Tyromax from. It is not available at the IdeaLabs website. Also, what is Tyromix?

TyroMix is just a mix of T4/T3 in a ratio lower (i.e. T3 is increased) than what you'd find in an NDT. TyroMax is NDT and as such contains T1, T2, calcitonin, thyroglobulin and a host of other chemicals we are just beginning to learn about. But for most purposes a T4/T3 mix seems to be enough to improve thyroid function.
Both products are available from the link below.
www.idealabsdc.com/lab