Typhoid and an interesting study about gallstones.

messtafarian

I just got my gallbladder out but I've been sick for about a year with *multiple* system disorganization and problems ranging from IBS to nerve problems, sweating, fevers, blurred vision, just lots of scary stuff.

Ten days later with a missing gallbladder I feel better. I have no idea if this is my total "cure" ( kinda doubt it) however even though my body is still weak and somewhat symptomatic I do feel a little more stable and materially organized.

This got me thinking about the report from the surgeon, who told me my gallbladder was absolutely horrific. I had massive stones, a distended gallbladder the size of an eggplant and the whole thing was filled with pus. Pus means infection, so I did some reading about this and without much difficulty found out that the gallbladder can be easily colonized with both salmonella and e. coli. Both of these bacteria are well-known for escaping the gut and causing systemic sepsis and sometimes death -- and it is a strain of salmonella that actually causes Typhoid fever. Typhoid Mary was a non-symptomatic carrier and shedder of Typhus and it's theorized that where the salmonella had set up shop was in her gallbladder, because its been found that this is where a good deal of the bacteria tends to colonize and hang around.

I haven't found much that verifies the crazy possibility that I might have what they used to call in the old days -- "recurrent typhus" but it was a huge deal in the nineteenth century and responsible for numerous recurrent symptoms encompassing all biological systems -- from skeletal muscle and peripheral nerves to the heart and the kidney. No joke, this stuff is.

Usually a recurrent typhus sufferer or carrier will not display salmonella in sera, because it will be hiding in biolfilm the way they say Lyme disease can. Also, no doctor in the US is going to go looking for typhoid fever since it's supposedly "eradicated." Thing is, with Typhoid at least, it can hide in a gallbladder for a person's whole life, multiplying without tripping any alarms, until they end up in the ER on dilaudid. I'm not even sure that high dose antibiotics would even penetrate through the gallbladder and into the stones where the stuff is hiding.

Pretty gross.

I never got a pathology report back and I think they might not even do them when the gallbladder is in hideous shape since there is nothing left to diagnose once it comes out. Anyway, I thought it was an interesting idea and some food for thought.

http://www.pnas.org/content/107/9/4353.full

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals