Two Different Blood Tests

noqcks

I had two different blood tests this year. Unfortunately I didn't get T tested in Jan.

Sex: M

I have been peating since last fall. I have a history of lymphoma (in 2013), so my main health goal is trying not to get cancer again. My secondary goal is increasing T levels. I've been using gonadin and pansterone on and off since of Feb this year. I also take TyroMix in an attempt to improve thyroid levels.

What stands out to you? What levels do you think could be better?

I've very happy that I was able to reduce prolactin from 11 to 8 so far!

The FSH is kind of high. This is what the Dr noted.

The level of FSH (gonadotrophins) is slightly high, though the testosterone level is normal. Higher gonadotropin levels, with low or even normal testosterone levels, suggest that hypogonadism may be present (meaning the testes are working hard to produce enough testosterone). Causes of elevated gonadotrophin levels include side effects from chemotherapy or radiation, infection (e.g. mumps) and the effects of some medication (e.g. cimetidine). Signs of hypogonadism might include decrease libido (sexual desire) and erectile problems, decreased body mass, sparse hair growth amongst others. I suggest you have a word with your doctor about this finding if you have any concerns.

Jan 2020
upload_2020-9-14_9-17-59.png

Sept 2020
upload_2020-9-14_9-17-25.png

@Hans Do you think these T levels reasonable for my age or lower end of normal?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I had two different blood tests this year. Unfortunately I didn't get T tested in Jan.

Sex: M

I have been peating since last fall. I have a history of lymphoma (in 2013), so my main health goal is trying not to get cancer again. My secondary goal is increasing T levels. I've been using gonadin and pansterone on and off since of Feb this year. I also take TyroMix in an attempt to improve thyroid levels.

What stands out to you? What levels do you think could be better?

I've very happy that I was able to reduce prolactin from 11 to 8 so far!

The FSH is kind of high. This is what the Dr noted.

Jan 2020
View attachment 19567

Sept 2020
View attachment 19566

@Hans Do you think these T levels reasonable for my age or lower end of normal?
I'd say you can definitely get it higher. Although your fT4 is high, we know nothing of your total and free T3 or rT3.
Quick question, do you have gut issues? Just wondering since you said you have lymphoma and gut-associated lymphoid tissue is the prominent part of mucosal-associated lymphoid tissue and represents almost 70% of the entire immune system.

If you do have gut issues, then the endotoxins could have damaged your Sertoli cells, thus resulting in elevated FSH due to low spermatogenesis.

I should also note that your cholesterol in Jan was actually a bit low.

OP
noqcks

noqcks

Interesting. Thank you for the response! I had no idea the gut lymphoid-tissue connection. This will give me some reading to do.

I've had some gut issues in the past. Before peating I used to have very runny poops and IBS like symptoms. Last year I started peating and drinking bone broth almost every day and I've since resolved those issues after a couple of months. Back in my younger youth, before I had cancer, I ate very badly. I had an affinity for potato chips and would regularly eat 1-2 bags a week of the flavored kind, often in a single sitting.

I've been using Camphosol occasionally over the last couple months to try reduce any gut endotoxin. I don't usually get bloating of any kind, but I can definitely tell from my stomach when I've ate something bad -- I feel a kind of throbbing sensation in my belly. Almost like when something is inflamed and blood is being drawn to the site.

Any idea how I could improve gut health further or reduce that FSH level?

OP
noqcks

noqcks

Not sure if it's relevant, but I've also had slight gynecomastia since a little before puberty.

(The real kind, not just fatty tissue, the hardened gynecomastic tissue)

Been trying to find a way to get rid of that naturally.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Maybe you can try taurine and vitamin E which will act as anti-oxidants and protect the Sertoli cells against oxidative stress. Vitamin E was initially discovered in 1938 as a “fertility factor”, before it was seen as an anti-oxidant.

OP
noqcks

noqcks

Awesome thanks. Will check out Taurine.

Have you ever heard of people using progesterone creams successfully in reversing gynocomastic tissue?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Awesome thanks. Will check out Taurine.

Have you ever heard of people using progesterone creams successfully in reversing gynocomastic tissue?
Don't think so about the progesterone, but you can always try it. I've heard more good testimonies with letrozole and gyno.