Twitching Out! Got It On Video Need Help

troubledtimes

well ive been screwed up for a long time now. the symptoms you see are quite bad. carbs, beer ( which i have quit of course), any caffeigne, sugar, or even eating to much does it. i ate some lean chicken and eggs and it did the same thing. i havent gotten an answer from a doctor i think an EEG is needed. i did go for a head CT scan which showed no problems however.... this sort of looks like tardive diskinesia i beleive it is? id like to ask anyone if they know of or have seen this before or have help thanks!

Richiebogie

Are you keeping a food and supplement diary? This is a good idea so you can track your spasms. Put in date, time, quantity, food, symptoms, level of symptoms (1 = mild, 10=Very bad).

After you have some data, a friend may be able to look at it and work out your triggers.

You may be making it worse by panicking.
Most people have some health issues.

Remember to be grateful for being young and having all your limbs, eyesight, hearing etc.

Hans

Forum Supporter
well ive been screwed up for a long time now. the symptoms you see are quite bad. carbs, beer ( which i have quit of course), any caffeigne, sugar, or even eating to much does it. i ate some lean chicken and eggs and it did the same thing. i havent gotten an answer from a doctor i think an EEG is needed. i did go for a head CT scan which showed no problems however.... this sort of looks like tardive diskinesia i beleive it is? id like to ask anyone if they know of or have seen this before or have help thanks!

What supplements are you using?
Your body/brain seems to in a very excited state and unable to shut off. Things like big doses of progesterone, magnesium, niacinamide, cyproheptadine, Lapodin, etc., might be very beneficial for you at this time. A low NAD to NADH ratio can put the body in a hyperexcited state where the body can't get the intracellular calcium out of the cells, thus leaving it in a very excited state.

Richiebogie

On another thread someone suggested you might be low on iron.

Do you eat much red meat?

Perhaps eat a 200g (8 oz) steak every day.

If you also have a litre of Orange Juice, a litre of full cream milk, 3 bananas and 25g hard cheese every day you will get a lot of useful nutrients. They may be in a better form than can be obtained from supplements.

Jennifer

@troubledtimes, are you having any other symptoms like a racing heart/palpitations, a rise in blood pressure, numbness, a feeling of heat radiating from your core up to your head? Do you have a history of hypoglycemia, hypothyroidism and/or anxiety? Have your symptoms only gotten worse since wearing a mask this past year? I’m just wondering if you’re having adrenaline attacks. I was having them last year on the daily. They always included twitching/spasming in my face and limbs and got so bad that I would go into full blown convulsions and pass out. At one point I even questioned if I was having a stroke because my face and arms went completely numb. My nerves were fried from having adrenaline coursing through me. I asked about a worsening of your symptoms since wearing a mask because my mum started having adrenaline attacks too (mainly twitching, numbness and heart palpitations) when the pandemic started and we figured out her mask was triggering them.

Last edited:

johnsmith

I used to pretty much have the exact same symptoms. It was like having touretes, I would curse out loud a lot too. My symptoms would flair up the most after drinking. I did a lot of reading on this forum, read and listened to Ray Peat a lot, and worked really hard to improve my general health. I rarely get these symptoms anymore.

Do you often have cold hands, and feet? Maybe even a cold nose and/or genitals? I knew that I had to be hypothyroid (six years ago, when I was at my worst), based on my symptoms, even though my blood tests were strange and seemed to point to myself being hyperthyroid (very low TSH, slightly high T3). I started supplementing thyroid and my health started to improve, but it takes quite a bit of work to figure out how to supplement thyroid properly and doctors don't know much about it. I figured that my body was running almost completely on stress, and when I started to supplement thyroid, my thyroid blood tests normalized and my stress levels started to go down. You could also try experimenting by taking some vitamin b3, caffine, and aspirin with some food to boost your thyroid in a more natural way to see what it feels like. You could also try to get a thermometer and monitor you're pulse and temps.

I would almost bet money that cyprohptadine would reduce your symptoms within half an hour of taking it. Sometimes I like to take an eighth of a tablet (0.5 mg) whenever I become extremely stressed/feel these kind of symptoms come on. These days, I think of the symptoms that I get which are similar to yours as being autistic like in nature, and I suspect that whenever serotonin gets too high, it contributes to these kind of symptoms flaring up. I suspect that the improvements from cyproheptadine last for quite a few days after taking just a small dose of it. Another thing that I do when these symptoms start to flair up is to take some activated charcoal. I suspect gut health plays a large role in these kind of symptoms, because a large amount of our serotonin is produced in the gut. I rarely drink alcohol these days but the last couple times I did, I took 0.5mg of cyproheptadine and it seemed like I didn't have a strange hangover with these kinds of symptoms the following day. I felt like I had hacked the matrix.

I'm afraid to eat starch these days, due to the fear of my 'autistic' like symptoms flaring up. I noticed you said that sugary things flair up your symptoms. I'm afraid to drink soda because most soda's contain starch, but I'm not afraid of consuming sugar at all. It's easy to replace all of the starch in one's diet with things like dates, bannanas, smoothies (made from frozen fruit), sugar, honey, and a decent quality orange juice (without flavour packs in it). I'm also afraid to skip meals. Trying to get enough salt in your diet is something that you could try, I try to get plenty of it myself. I also like to take a few topical drops of Idealab's pregnenolone every now and then.

Hang in there brother, I think you're symptoms are fixable. Keep studying, try to improve you're general health, and be cautious of doctors; I don't trust em'.

Last edited:
OP
T

troubledtimes

@troubledtimes, are you having any other symptoms like a racing heart/palpitations, a rise in blood pressure, numbness, a feeling of heat radiating from your core up to your head? Do you have a history of hypoglycemia, hypothyroidism and/or anxiety? Have your symptoms only gotten worse since wearing a mask this past year? I’m just wondering if you’re having adrenaline attacks. I was having them last year on the daily. They always included twitching/spasming in my face and limbs and got so bad that I would go into full blown convulsions and pass out. At one point I even questioned if I was having a stroke because my face and arms went completely numb. My nerves were fried from having adrenaline coursing through me. I asked about a worsening of your symptoms since wearing a mask because my mum started having adrenaline attacks too (mainly twitching, numbness and heart palpitations) when the pandemic started and we figured out her mask was triggering them.

these symptoms started well before corona. i started getting them 2 and a half years ago. the video i have shown is pretty bad but i normally get hyperventillation with the symptoms and light headedness. it all started one day 2.5 years ago after waking up from a nigh of drinking i was just shaking and hyperventilating and getting head twitches. i drank 3 days a week about 6-10 beer i did that while taking an SSRI for a good 9 years and was fine i guess drifting in life but than one day all this started happening... so alochol im afraid to touch ive stopped that for the most part but every time i drink yea shaky and twitchy. i might have caused some kind of neurological damage or developed some kind of partial seizure disorder or auto immune disorder all i know is that the walk in clinic doctors ive gone to were not much help. i asked if i was hypoglycemia they said no according to my blood tests. as for the thyroid they say its fine i remember just recently testing for thyroid again and my number was 1.7 i dont know what that means maybe im hyperthyroid? no clue sighh. but i do deffinitley have generalized anxiety disorder and depression which meh the ssri kinda helped there but i was fine for 10 years. its just this weird twitchy spasm condition started happening now. i find it hard to lay on my left side or else it feels i cant breathe or ill have a heart attack. infact laying down in general is uncomfortable and feels like i cant breathe. they thought maybe its GERD but i tried a proton pump inhibitor for 3 weeks that didnt do it. they did do a chest xray and found nothing. maybe its some kind of cancer i wouldnt be surprised.

Last edited:
OP
T

troubledtimes

I used to pretty much have the exact same symptoms. It was like having touretes, I would curse out loud a lot too. My symptoms would flair up the most after drinking. I did a lot of reading on this forum, read and listened to Ray Peat a lot, and worked really hard to improve my general health. I rarely get these symptoms anymore.

Do you often have cold hands, and feet? Maybe even a cold nose and/or genitals? I knew that I had to be hypothyroid (six years ago, when I was at my worst), based on my symptoms, even though my blood tests were strange and seemed to point to myself being hyperthyroid (very low TSH, slightly high T3). I started supplementing thyroid and my health started to improve, but it takes quite a bit of work to figure out how to supplement thyroid properly and doctors don't know much about it. I figured that my body was running almost completely on stress, and when I started to supplement thyroid, my thyroid blood tests normalized and my stress levels started to go down. You could also try experimenting by taking some vitamin b3, caffine, and aspirin with some food to boost your thyroid in a more natural way to see what it feels like. You could also try to get a thermometer and monitor you're pulse and temps.

I would almost bet money that cyprohptadine would reduce your symptoms within half an hour of taking it. Sometimes I like to take an eighth of a tablet (0.5 mg) whenever I become extremely stressed/feel these kind of symptoms come on. These days, I think of the symptoms that I get which are similar to yours as being autistic like in nature, and I suspect that whenever serotonin gets too high, it contributes to these kind of symptoms flaring up. I suspect that the improvements from cyproheptadine last for quite a few days after taking just a small dose of it. Another thing that I do when these symptoms start to flair up is to take some activated charcoal. I suspect gut health plays a large role in these kind of symptoms, because a large amount of our serotonin is produced in the gut. I rarely drink alcohol these days but the last couple times I did, I took 0.5mg of cyproheptadine and it seemed like I didn't have a strange hangover with these kinds of symptoms the following day. I felt like I had hacked the matrix.

I'm afraid to eat starch these days, due to the fear of my 'autistic' like symptoms flaring up. I noticed you said that sugary things flair up your symptoms. I'm afraid to drink soda because most soda's contain starch, but I'm not afraid of consuming sugar at all. It's easy to replace all of the starch in one's diet with things like dates, bannanas, smoothies (made from frozen fruit), sugar, honey, and a decent quality orange juice (without flavour packs in it). I'm also afraid to skip meals. Trying to get enough salt in your diet is something that you could try, I try to get plenty of it myself. I also like to take a few topical drops of Idealab's pregnenolone every now and then.

Hang in there brother, I think you're symptoms are fixable. Keep studying, try to improve you're general health, and be cautious of doctors; I don't trust em'.

i cant touch caffeine or even green tea it will bring on twitching and spasming. i do commonly get cold feet and cold hands and even noticed my nose sometimes. my thyroid number said it was 1.7 i dont know what that means but they said it was ok? ive tried supplimenting b1 with not much luck and ive tried multivitamins with no luck but i will add cyproheptadine to the list and see what that does.

Jennifer

@troubledtimes, I was also hyperventilating—I went 24/7 unable to catch my breath to the point of turning blue and passing out—and had cold hands, feet, tip of nose and ears—adrenaline cuts off circulation to the extremities to keep our vital organs warm when thyroid function is low. Unless you were given a glucose tolerance test, I personally wouldn’t trust that you aren’t dealing with low blood sugar when the episodes happen, though, they could also be serotonin/gut related. A 5 HIAA urine test for serotonin may be useful—this is the test Ray advised me to get.

My thyroid numbers kept coming back in range and yet it took NDT to finally stop the attacks so if it were me, I wouldn’t rely solely on TSH to accurately diagnose thyroid function. Like johnsmith mentioned, you may find that your symptoms, temp, pulse and even the Achilles tendon reflex test (also called the ankle jerk test) are more useful diagnostics. I’m not sure if you’ve already listened to or read this interview with Ray but I thought given some of your symptoms, you might find it useful:

Health And Diet - One Radio Network 4 Dec 2013

Last edited:
OP
T

troubledtimes

@troubledtimes, I was also hyperventilating—I went 24/7 unable to catch my breath to the point of turning blue and passing out—and had cold hands, feet, tip of nose and ears—adrenaline cuts off circulation to the extremities to keep our vital organs warm when thyroid function is low. Unless you were given a glucose tolerance test, I personally wouldn’t trust that you aren’t dealing with low blood sugar when the episodes happen, though, they could also be serotonin/gut related. A 5 HIAA urine test for serotonin may be useful—this is the test Ray advised me to get.

My thyroid numbers kept coming back in range and yet it took NDT to finally stop the attacks so if it were me, I wouldn’t rely solely on TSH to accurately diagnose thyroid function. Like johnsmith mentioned, you may find that your symptoms, temp, pulse and even the Achilles tendon reflex test (also called the ankle jerk test) are more useful diagnostics. I’m not sure if you’ve already listened to or read this interview with Ray but I thought given some of your symptoms, you might find it useful:

Health And Diet - One Radio Network 4 Dec 2013[/QU

Sorry are you saying I could have thyroid issues? Or do u think blood sugar ? I have had yah done and it was 1.48 just had it done. What is NDT what is that?

OP
T

troubledtimes

Health And Diet - One Radio Network 4 Dec 2013

what is thyroid NDT??

Michael Mohn

When I was a teen I did competitive sport and was severely overtrained at a moment and development an eye twitch that comes up when I'm tired and exhausted. Things that help are gelatine, eggshell calcium, pregnenolone & progesterone, strong sunlight, cyproheptadine vitamine b1 and generally a good nutrition, lots of fruit/sugar and protein rich foods like eggs & liver. Overexcitation, a high posphat diet would be my first guess.

Last edited:
OP
T

troubledtimes

When I was a teen I did competitive sport and was severely overtrained at a moment and development an eye twitch that comes up when I'm tired and exhausted. Things that help are gelatine, eggshell calcium, pregnenolone & progesterone, strong sunlight, cyproheptadine vitamine b1 and generally a good nutrition, lots of fruit/sugar and protein like eggs & liver protein rich foods. Overexcitation, high posphat diet would be my first guess.

my thryoid last said i was 1.48 tsh..... i feel like just trying t3 hormone and seeing if its the magic bullet i need. anyone have a link to a quality t3 product to buy in canada or off amazon.ca?

OP
T

troubledtimes

OH BIG point i dont know why i didnt put in the description - another symptom i have is extremely low endurance. sometimes a 5 minute walk will give off these exact same symptoms of twitching, lightheaded ness, shortness of breath! just 1 or 2 flight of stairs is enough to make me need a break! and im early 30s only 200 pounds!

Michael Mohn

my thryoid last said i was 1.48 tsh..... i feel like just trying t3 hormone and seeing if its the magic bullet i need. anyone have a link to a quality t3 product to buy in canada or off amazon.ca?

Try eating a boiled egg with the shell, a bit crunchy but this would be the cheap bullet to see if your calcium to phosphate ratio is off.

OP
T

troubledtimes

Try eating a boiled egg with the shell, a bit crunchy but this would be the cheap bullet to see if your calcium to phosphate ratio is off.
ok i can do that.... just 1 solid boiled egg? what should i expect to see within about 20 minutes of consuming that?

Michael Mohn

OH BIG point i dont know why i didnt put in the description - another symptom i have is extremely low endurance. sometimes a 5 minute walk will give off these exact same symptoms of twitching, lightheaded ness, shortness of breath! just 1 or 2 flight of stairs is enough to make me need a break! and im early 30s only 200 pounds!

Exhaustion, low brain energy, nervous overexcitation. Calcium, glycine (gelatine) & b vitamins (b1&b2) to balance high phoshate, high tryptophan diet.