Twitching Out! Got It On Video Need Help

Michael Mohn

ok i can do that.... just 1 solid boiled egg? what should i expect to see within about 20 minutes of consuming that?

Some relaxation, a calming effect. I'm not sure If one eggshell is enough to turn you around but one egg has about 2.5g of calcium that should make you feel something but you might need to address your problem from different angels at once.

I really like tonic water, quinine opposes tryptophan.

Last edited:

Jennifer

@troubledtimes, both. Though, I would say the low blood sugar is mainly due to poor thyroid function. You can still be hypo with a TSH of 1.48. For example, from my understanding, adrenaline can lower TSH and an excess of adrenaline is common with low thyroid function because the adrenals, the other energy providing glands, have to compensate for the thyroid when it isn’t working optimally. With that said, if you haven’t already done so, I would personally do as others have suggested and play around with diet and lifestyle first before trying out thyroid since that may be all that is needed, and thyroid can temporarily heighten our sensitivity to stress hormones, making them feel worse for some, if we’ve been running on them.

With the boiled egg, you may want to have plenty of easily digested sugars with it like honey or ripe fruit/juice—oranges/OJ will also provide magnesium to calm the nerves—since protein, especially that of eggs (per Ray), can lower blood sugar by stimulating insulin secretion. Salt may help, too. I used to put a pinch of salt under my tongue when I was having an attack or add it to sugared coconut water as a Gatorade/electrolyte drink. If you tolerate milk and gelatin, those are calming proteins IME—milk has a nice balance of minerals, sugar and protein, and gelatin is high in glycine, lacks tryptophan and has hardly any phosphorus.

Michael Mohn

@troubledtimes, both. Though, I would say the low blood sugar is mainly due to poor thyroid function. You can still be hypo with a TSH of 1.48. For example, from my understanding, adrenaline can lower TSH and an excess of adrenaline is common with low thyroid function because the adrenals, the other energy providing glands, have to compensate for the thyroid when it isn’t working optimally. With that said, if you haven’t already done so, I would personally do as others have suggested and play around with diet and lifestyle first before trying out thyroid since that may be all that is needed, and thyroid can temporarily heighten our sensitivity to stress hormones, making them feel worse for some, if we’ve been running on them.

With the boiled egg, you may want to have plenty of easily digested sugars with it like honey or ripe fruit/juice—oranges/OJ will also provide magnesium to calm the nerves—since protein, especially that of eggs (per Ray), can lower blood sugar by stimulating insulin secretion. Salt may help, too. I used to put a pinch of salt under my tongue when I was having an attack or add it to sugared coconut water as a Gatorade/electrolyte drink. If you tolerate milk and gelatin, those are calming proteins IME—milk has a nice balance of minerals, sugar and protein, and gelatin is high in glycine, lacks tryptophan and has hardly any phosphorus.
Calcium binds to citric acid forming calciumcitrate, an insoluble molecule that is hard on the kidneys and makes the calcium unavailable. Never combine calcium with citric acid like in orange juice. From the numbers I saw gelatine has a good amount of phosphorus comparable to meat. Gelatine is still super beneficial but having some calcium with it is better.

OP
T

troubledtimes

to be honest with you even when i wake up without eating food im drained and tired.....i just went for a walk and 5 minutes in i was out of breath. my stamina is just not there 1 flight of stairs im out of energy. and on top of that carbs and to much food make it worse. so all time around the day ive been feeling like im running off adrenaline and anxious and wore out. its only got worse over slowly over these 2 years. my best guess is this is either a thyroid, testosterone, sleep apnea i always get 8 hours but i do snore and wake up a bunch of times. or issue with GERD maybe. im more so leaning toward a hormone issue thou

Jennifer

Are you talking about plain gelatin, @Michael Mohn? The sources I’ve come across show it’s lower in phosphorus. For example:

Is this a similar phosphorus content to the sources you’ve come across?

It also shows its calcium content is higher than its phosphorus content, giving it a better ratio than meat?

Jennifer

to be honest with you even when i wake up without eating food im drained and tired.....i just went for a walk and 5 minutes in i was out of breath. my stamina is just not there 1 flight of stairs im out of energy. and on top of that carbs and to much food make it worse. so all time around the day ive been feeling like im running off adrenaline and anxious and wore out. its only got worse over slowly over these 2 years. my best guess is this is either a thyroid, testosterone, sleep apnea i always get 8 hours but i do snore and wake up a bunch of times. or issue with GERD maybe. im more so leaning toward a hormone issue thou
Carbs and too much food make you feel even more tired? Could they be lowering the adrenaline you may be potentially running on and that’s why they make you feel worse? Or...do carbs/food make the shortness of breath worse and if so, has a doctor ever checked you for SIBO via a hydrogen breath test? It’s common in people with hypothyroidism and IME, food would trigger the shortness of breath and syncope episodes when I had SIBO. SIBO also exasperated my depression. A specific diet and NDT were the main interventions that helped me overcome it. Have you detailed your diet, supplement intake, temps, pulse, and things you’ve already tried, on the forum? If not, that may be helpful for members when giving suggestions. I don’t know if this will help you but my family and I get our thyroid supplements from IdeaLabs. They carry both natural and synthetic—TyroMax, TyroMix and Tyronene:

OP
T

troubledtimes

Carbs and too much food make you feel even more tired? Could they be lowering the adrenaline you may be potentially running on and that’s why they make you feel worse? Or...do carbs/food make the shortness of breath worse and if so, has a doctor ever checked you for SIBO via a hydrogen breath test? It’s common in people with hypothyroidism and IME, food would trigger the shortness of breath and syncope episodes when I had SIBO. SIBO also exasperated my depression. A specific diet and NDT were the main interventions that helped me overcome it. Have you detailed your diet, supplement intake, temps, pulse, and things you’ve already tried, on the forum? If not, that may be helpful for members when giving suggestions. I don’t know if this will help you but my family and I get our thyroid supplements from IdeaLabs. They carry both natural and synthetic—TyroMax, TyroMix and Tyronene:

thats basically what im running off is adrenaline. but carbs and sugar and cafeigne etc give me shortness of breath and twitching i have to watch my intake but ive even hat it where eggs and proteins and hamburg meat has done it. i have not had sibo checked i asked a walk inclinic doctos about sibo and he honestly did not know what it was sigh. if you feel like it you can message me your diet maybe? i would have to get a device to measure pule and temperature. NDT is something i plan to try is there a specific one thats better suited? natural? tyromax?

Jennifer

thats basically what im running off is adrenaline. but carbs and sugar and cafeigne etc give me shortness of breath and twitching i have to watch my intake but ive even hat it where eggs and proteins and hamburg meat has done it. i have not had sibo checked i asked a walk inclinic doctos about sibo and he honestly did not know what it was sigh. if you feel like it you can message me your diet maybe? i would have to get a device to measure pule and temperature. NDT is something i plan to try is there a specific one thats better suited? natural? tyromax?
That’s too bad he didn’t know what SIBO was but if you are dealing with it, it can be cleared without a doctors help, IME. It makes sense that caffeine would make it worse. Do all carbs make it worse or only certain ones? I detailed what I did to clear SIBO here:

I didn’t mention this in that post but in terms of keeping adrenaline low, if you haven’t already done so, it may help to play around with your carb to protein ratio—I found that roughly a 4:1 ratio keeps my sugars from crashing and my adrenaline low—as well as the protein source—goat’s milk and gelatin/hydrolysate work best for me.

It really depends on you, personally. I feel my best on a T4/T3 combo, but some feel their best on T3 alone. Also, some feel their best on a T4/T3 ratio of 4:1(this is NDT’s ratio), while others feel their best on a 3:1 or even 2:1 ratio. The beauty of the synthetic IMO is you can buy T4 and T3 separately and customize your optimal ratio.

I hope you find relief soon!

OP
T

troubledtimes

That’s too bad he didn’t know what SIBO was but if you are dealing with it, it can be cleared without a doctors help, IME. It makes sense that caffeine would make it worse. Do all carbs make it worse or only certain ones? I detailed what I did to clear SIBO here:

I didn’t mention this in that post but in terms of keeping adrenaline low, if you haven’t already done so, it may help to play around with your carb to protein ratio—I found that roughly a 4:1 ratio keeps my sugars from crashing and my adrenaline low—as well as the protein source—goat’s milk and gelatin/hydrolysate work best for me.

It really depends on you, personally. I feel my best on a T4/T3 combo, but some feel their best on T3 alone. Also, some feel their best on a T4/T3 ratio of 4:1(this is NDT’s ratio), while others feel their best on a 3:1 or even 2:1 ratio. The beauty of the synthetic IMO is you can buy T4 and T3 separately and customize your optimal ratio.

I hope you find relief soon!
Do you mean 4 to 1 as protein is prioritized and than carbs? I think what's happening is that for some reason I can't process carbs and sugar as well as I use to. I think it could be carbs are activating a glutamate response in my brain and overloading it with activity maybe that's why I get the anxiety and spasms. It's just really confusing when u have symptoms like this and they say ur not diabetic and ur thyroid is fine ? but I did have low testosterone on one of my tests. The 2nd test said it was normal maybe it's hormone related ? I was seeking off effexor to see if that helped but even tho effexor stopped working on me I deffinitlwy was getting withdraw symptoms reducing the dose over the past month I felt sick. But I had a backup plan and have setraline or Zoloft. So I'm taking that now and in 2 days at 50 MG's it stopped the withdrawal symptoms but I can't say at all I feel happy or less anxiety. I'm only 5 days into Zoloft. I'm not expecting it to be a magic bullet I was grocery shopping today and bought all organic. My central nervous system is just shot by the video. I have no idea what I should even ask my doctor for my next appointment.

Jennifer

@troubledtimes, yeah, it can be confusing, for sure! By 4:1 I mean 4 grams of carbs to 1 gram of protein, and I should note that by carbs I mean freshly pressed juice from ripe fruit (ripe is key), raw milk, raw white honey and raw coconut water (when ripe fruit is unavailable). I tolerate all carbs now, but I still feel my best on raw and non-starchy sources low in fiber—keeping gut irritation low and my blood sugar stable are still key for me given my history of the attacks, depression and anxiety.

Maybe you could print up some info on SIBO for your doctor to take a look at, and also ask about the 5 HIAA urine test to check your serotonin level and possibly cyproheptadine like other members have suggested? Other than that, if you haven’t done so already, keeping a food diary like Richiebogie suggested may be useful? I found it helpful in deciphering which foods were triggering my attacks. I logged my food on cronometer and added a note under them if any symptoms occurred.

Michael Mohn

Are you talking about plain gelatin, @Michael Mohn? The sources I’ve come across show it’s lower in phosphorus. For example:

Is this a similar phosphorus content to the sources you’ve come across?

It also shows its calcium content is higher than its phosphorus content, giving it a better ratio than meat?

You're right, gelatine is low phosphate. I got the idea when I looked up similar products but they were not pure gelatine and the phosphate came from other sources.

OP
T

troubledtimes

@troubledtimes, yeah, it can be confusing, for sure! By 4:1 I mean 4 grams of carbs to 1 gram of protein, and I should note that by carbs I mean freshly pressed juice from ripe fruit (ripe is key), raw milk, raw white honey and raw coconut water (when ripe fruit is unavailable). I tolerate all carbs now, but I still feel my best on raw and non-starchy sources low in fiber—keeping gut irritation low and my blood sugar stable are still key for me given my history of the attacks, depression and anxiety.

Maybe you could print up some info on SIBO for your doctor to take a look at, and also ask about the 5 HIAA urine test to check your serotonin level and possibly cyproheptadine like other members have suggested? Other than that, if you haven’t done so already, keeping a food diary like Richiebogie suggested may be useful? I found it helpful in deciphering which foods were triggering my attacks. I logged my food on cronometer and added a note under them if any symptoms occurred.

does the local grocery store like walmart etc carry raw milk? i usually only see the the regular homegenized and pasturized kind. same goes for raw honey and coconut water. i talked with my doctor and showed him the video today hes sending me to a neurologist. and i did an h pylori stool test which came back OK but he wants to try a breath test of it. wonder if that would be a better way of testing for it. ive been keeping track of what i ate latley... vegtables, and organic cashews etc seem fine for obvious reasons... ate a few slices of pizza and i start twitching. does anyone have input on this i took an ssri for about 10 years and it improved my depression and anxiety ALOT from a time where i was literally losing weight with cronic anxiety and depression. obviously now its not working as well as it should i have tried a few different antidepressants with no luck so i weened off effexor and tried wellbutrin. i was only a week into wellbutrin and i could feel the effexor leaving my system and it made me lose my appetite and gave me crazy crying spells and brought me right back to the mindset i was in before i started taking them. i decided to try zoloft and i knew i need some time of ssri in me to stop the withdrawal symptoms because they were unbearable. and within 2 days the crying spells stopped just on 50 mg of zoloft. ive only been on it 6 days now and each week plan to bump it up 50mg. once i get to atleast 100 or 150mg of zoloft i can try the cypro and see how it effects me. i know seratonin is talked about on this site but going off the antidepressant literally brought me back in time 10 years to how bad i was. the thing about ssris is they dumb down the prefrontal cotext and have side effects.... i was thinking trying the product seratonin mood support form brain MD if you want to check it out. it has saffron extract in it which that ingredient alone has rivaled antidepressants.

Jennifer

@Michael Mohn, gotcha.

@troubledtimes, I get raw milk from both a local farm and market, but I’ve never seen it carried at larger chain stores like Walmart. However, when I had the overgrowth, dairy in general would exacerbate my symptoms, but ultra-pasteurized less so.

I honestly don’t know if a breath test for H. Pylori is a better way of testing it. My doctor only ever did a stool test for it. Do you have a history of having ulcers?

Yeah, I can imagine the withdrawal symptoms coming off an SSRI wouldn’t be pleasant, especially when the cause isn’t being addressed at the same time. Do you know by what mechanism saffron extract relieves depression?

Hopefully, others with more experience with SSRIs will chime in.

OP
T

troubledtimes

@Michael Mohn, gotcha.

@troubledtimes, I get raw milk from both a local farm and market, but I’ve never seen it carried at larger chain stores like Walmart. However, when I had the overgrowth, dairy in general would exacerbate my symptoms, but ultra-pasteurized less so.

I honestly don’t know if a breath test for H. Pylori is a better way of testing it. My doctor only ever did a stool test for it. Do you have a history of having ulcers?

Yeah, I can imagine the withdrawal symptoms coming off an SSRI wouldn’t be pleasant, especially when the cause isn’t being addressed at the same time. Do you know by what mechanism saffron extract relieves depression?

Hopefully, others with more experience with SSRIs will chime in.

i did have a scope down my throat to check for ulcers and what not and i think they just found some inflammation. but no ulcers. saffron extract i am not sure how it works exactly but i beleive it helps to balance seratonin, dopamine and norepinepherine. it has some really pretty good data to back up its anti depressant effects.

OP
T

troubledtimes

I was thinking. Maybe this is Seratonin sydrome.. i do take an SSRI. took one for 8 years and its possable that these twitches and spasms are from the SSRI. for whatever reason it seemed to help in for years but im sure the brain can change. and now maybe mines rejecting SSRI's. alot of these symptoms i have really relate to seratonin sydrome. its hard to say for sure. if i do stop taking the ssri i get crying spells.... but how my nervous system is just always ramped up like this is abnormal. with confusion, irritability SS could be it. and as far as eating carbs and sugars those would enter the body fast and increase seratonin possably giving me the worsening of problems after eating? its been tough dont have many people to turn to about this problem im a single guy and especially going through these issues i cant socialize and function. upcoming EEG appointment in a week however hoping something shows up. hope you are all having a great XMAS

O

oldfriend

I've posted on many of your threads, I'm not trying to be a **** but I also don't know why other people here aren't saying this to you: Stop Drinking. "I feel suicidal after drinking", "I have tremors after drinking", "I have derealization after drinking"....... SO STOP. Alcohol is neurotoxic, hepatotoxic, inflammatory, estrogenic, inhibits the absorption of B vitamins and zinc, etc. The fact that alcohol, sugar, and caffeine are problematic right now points to deranged carb metabolism, liver dysfunction, and ultimately a state of poor health. I ****88 myself up good drinking while on a cocktail of psych meds, symptoms similar to yours, and it took a long time for my brain to recover. The interventions recommended here should be seen as part of a lifestyle change, and the first step is to stop drinking otherwise you're just adding fuel to the fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
T

troubledtimes

I've posted on many of your threads, I'm not trying to be a **** but I also don't know why other people here aren't saying this to you: Stop Drinking. "I feel suicidal after drinking", "I have tremors after drinking", "I have derealization after drinking"....... SO STOP. Alcohol is neurotoxic, hepatotoxic, inflammatory, estrogenic, inhibits the absorption of B vitamins and zinc, etc. The fact that alcohol, sugar, and caffeine are problematic right now points to deranged carb metabolism, liver dysfunction, and ultimately a state of poor health. I ****88 myself up good drinking while on a cocktail of psych meds, symptoms similar to yours, and it took a long time for my brain to recover. The interventions recommended here should be seen as part of a lifestyle change, and the first step is to stop drinking otherwise you're just adding fuel to the fire.

i understand you. ive cut back on it on average i might drink once every week or 2 and im trying to stop it altogether. its hard to reverse habits that you did for years. its easier said than done. its clear tho its not helping im just as frusterated. i appreciate the reply

RealNeat

the only time i had symptoms even close to this were when i lived in a highrise with 30+ wifi routers around me and 2 cellphone towers less than a mile away. i attribute it to my cells mineral balance being disturbed by the EMF and flooding with calcium. I would use things that increase CO2 like baking soda and Mg. As such, Mg Bicarbonate may help.

Jennifer

I've posted on many of your threads, I'm not trying to be a **** but I also don't know why other people here aren't saying this to you: Stop Drinking.
Speaking for myself, it seemed to me that he knew he shouldn’t be drinking and given he doesn’t just experience the episodes with alcohol, I was trying to address the biological cause(s) that can be a factor for why a person may drink, smoke/vape, take recreational drugs, eat foods that make them feel like trash etc., despite having negative symptoms and/or active diseases.

@troubledtimes, if you’re wanting to figure out your health on your own then that’s cool, but if you’re looking for help from other members and haven’t already done so in an other thread, I think you’ll get more context specific advice if you list your current diet, supplements and drugs you’re taking, exercise/daily activities, stressors you’re facing—both present and any possible ones from your past that are still causing stress currently—and what you’ve tried in the past. I hope you had a great Christmas, as well. :)

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals