Twilight Sedation Anesthesia with Propofol and Fentanyl - advice for before and after?

sunny

I am having a lipoma removed which is on my neck.
Because of location, doctor recommends twilight sedation which will be a combination of propofol and fentanyl.
I would prefer local anesthetic only, but not recommended because of location of lipoma.
In researching, I cannot come up with an alternative for the sedation, the above combination seems to be what is used for procedure in doctors office.
I don't see alot of side effects from the "typical medical advice" you find online.
Looking for opinions here- what would be best to do before and after such a procedure?
Thank you for any input.

Birdie

Progesterone, milk/cheese, oj, liver the days before. After procedure I'd do bag breathing, progesterone, coffee milk, oj, vitamin C,E

Liver the day before. Mainly the pro-metabolism stuff Ray Peat recommends only more gung ho for days before and after.

@ecstatichamster and @md_a might have advice.

I think the sedation is reasonable. It can prevent shock to the body. I think T3 drops a great deal after surgery. I would supplement with some.

OP
S

sunny

@Birdie and @ecstatichamster thank you both for the replies. I am having liver today, currently taking progest-e (will up that before,after procedure), I take replacement thyroid in form of cynomel, cyno-plus. I live on milk, oj, cheese, gelatin, and a bit other things here and there- liver, oysters, beef. I have Now mixed tocopherols I take a couple times a week. I will probably up the oj before and after. Thanks @ecstatichamster for your opinion on the sedation. I tend to shun all medical advice after they did RAI on my thyroid years ago :confused:

Birdie

@Birdie and @ecstatichamster thank you both for the replies. I am having liver today, currently taking progest-e (will up that before,after procedure), I take replacement thyroid in form of cynomel, cyno-plus. I live on milk, oj, cheese, gelatin, and a bit other things here and there- liver, oysters, beef. I have Now mixed tocopherols I take a couple times a week. I will probably up the oj before and after. Thanks @ecstatichamster for your opinion on the sedation. I tend to shun all medical advice after they did RAI on my thyroid years ago :confused:
Glad to hear all this and that you'll have the extra cynomel available. I , like you, was glad to hear Ecstatic's sedation comment. :thumbsup:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals