Turpentine Miracle Medicine Or Snakeoil?

Queequeg

I wanted to start a thread devoted explicitly to Turpentine. In this thread Peata's Log For Weight Loss & Misc @thebigpeatowski and @Peata describe their experiences with it and it seemed to work for them. I am wondering who else has tried this and what has been their experience?

According to Dr. Jennifer Daniels, who is its biggest proponent, turpentine can not only get rid of candida and other parasites but can be used as a general tonic in healthy people for increased energy and lifted brain fog. Many online claim it has helped them with mood, energy, inflammation, blood sugar, food craving, libido etc.

I listen to Dr. Daniels a lot and she seems to really know her stuff and like RP does not buy into the medical mafia bs. She spends most of her podcasts exposing just how (purposely) ineffective medical training really is and how to best care for yourself.

I have just received my bottle of turpentine in the mail and plan on starting it after the Holiday and will report on any progress.

from

"THE ESSENTIAL OIL OF TURPENTINE AND ITS MAJOR VOLATILE FRACTION"
"The essential oil of turpentine and its two major volatile compounds are natural products, which pose no hazard when used in small quantities. They have a number of properties that are beneficial to human health and well being and may be used in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries"
http://www.extremehealthradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Turpentine-PDF.pdf

here are some other background sources:
http://www.sgn80.com/docs/The_Candida_Cleaner.pdf
My week with the Turpentine Parasite Cleanse
Turpentine
4 oz 100% Pure Gum Spirits of Turpentine ($4.00 shipping via USPS First Class Package; FedEx Ground or FedEx Smart Post on multiple-item orders)

Last edited:

beta pandemic

snake oil.

I had a severe yeast infection for quite a while. I was exposed to house mould for a year. Gave me awful acne and terrible bowel problems. Was precriped a few courses of antibiotics by foolish doctors which made it worse.

high dose retinol + coffee (stimulates bile which is like our own internal washing detergent) got it under control.

Raw onion juice is also incredible.

X3CyO

If you look up the mechanisms as to how turpentine works (through terpines). The major terpine alpha-pinene works through PGE1; aka prostaglandins, and via acetylcholinesterase inhibition.
Both no no's.

Now I just use it for cleaning up coconut oil spills since idk how prostaglandins work yet.

Smells nice.

Ewelina

I've done it for about 3 weeks almost every single day. Unfortunately I haven't noticed any positive changes in my gut problems. Night bloating stayed as it was. Very disappointed!

OP
Queequeg

Queequeg

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone have any positive experiences with it?

If you look up the mechanisms as to how turpentine works (through terpines). The major terpine alpha-pinene works through PGE1; aka prostaglandins, and via acetylcholinesterase inhibition.
Both no no's.
Now I just use it for cleaning up coconut oil spills since idk how prostaglandins work yet.
Smells nice.

Do you have any citations for that? After initial treatment, I think I would take it once a month or every 6 months so temporary negative impacts would be minor.

Back in the day, deworming was very common. And lots of people are claiming huge improvements not to mention seeing all sorts of nasties in the bowl.

schultz

The turpentine is actually consumed? I feel like this is a bit on the crazy side...

If you look it up on pubmed it seems to cause acute inflammation. Increased ACTH, corticosterone, IL-6, vascular permeability, possibly histamine and serotonin.

It's actually used to cause inflammation when scientists want to study inflammation and anti-inflammatory drugs, much like how LPS and carrageenan are used.

Effects of anti-inflammatory drugs on increased vascular permeability in acute inflammatory response in the chicken. - PubMed - NCBI

"The effects of anti-inflammatory drugs were examined on the turpentine-induced acute inflammatory response in the chicken skin."

"Reserpine, a drug which depletes 5-HT from mast cells, induced significant suppression of the permeability response up to 3 h. This suggested that, in addition to histamine, turpentine was also mediating its response through the release of 5-HT. Ito et al. (1989) also concluded similarly from suppression of carrageenan-induced oedematous response in the chicken foot pad by using methysergide, a 5-HT antagonist."

Corticotropin-releasing factor, vasopressin, and prostaglandins mediate, and nitric oxide restrains, the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal response to... - PubMed - NCBI

"The present study determined the plasma ACTH and corticosterone responses of the rat to acute local inflammation induced by the im injection of a small volume of turpentine. In response to tissue injury, ACTH and corticosterone concentrations rose rapidly, peaked at 1 h, and returned toward basal values by 3 h after turpentine injection. As acute inflammation developed, plasma interleukin-6 bioactivity increased significantly, and ACTH and corticosterone levels exhibited a secondary rise. These secondary responses were maximum 6-12 h after turpentine administration, persisted for 20-28 h, and were statistically significant regardless of the normal circadian variations in ACTH and corticosterone secretion."

Effect of acute systemic inflammatory response and cytokines on the transcription of the genes encoding cyclooxygenase enzymes (COX-1 and COX-2) in... - PubMed - NCBI

"The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of the acute-phase response and the proinflammatory cytokines on the transcription of the genes encoding the limiting enzymes for the production of prostaglandins, cyclooxygenase (COX)-1 and COX-2, in the rat brain. The bacterial endotoxin lipopolysaccharide (intravenous and intraperitoneal) and turpentine (intramuscular) were used as different models of inflammation in adult male rats."

Studies on the mediators of the acute inflammatory response induced in rats in different sites by carrageenan and turpentine. - PubMed - NCBI

tomisonbottom

I wanted to start a thread devoted explicitly to Turpentine. In this thread Peata's Log For Weight Loss & Misc @thebigpeatowski and @Peata describe their experiences with it and it seemed to work for them. I am wondering who else has tried this and what has been their experience?

I have just received my bottle of turpentine in the mail and plan on starting it after the Holiday and will report on any progress.

Did you end up using it? How did it go?

snake oil.

I had a severe yeast infection for quite a while. I was exposed to house mould for a year. Gave me awful acne and terrible bowel problems. Was precriped a few courses of antibiotics by foolish doctors which made it worse.

high dose retinol + coffee (stimulates bile which is like our own internal washing detergent) got it under control.

Raw onion juice is also incredible.

Curious about the house mold.....how did you pinpoint your problems to that being the cause?

David PS

RisingSun

Started using 100% pure gum spirits of turpentine with great results:
Less brain fog
More energy

Don’t know if this is the result of a stimulatory effect like caffeine or actual improvement of my health