Turning vellus hairs to terminal (beard), castor oil in DSMO with microneedling?

ReSTART

I do 1.5mm microneedling, would applying castor oil in DSMO after needling help with turning vellus hairs terminal for my beard? Or would DHEA be better?

AlexR

I already had a decent beard, but I decided to try a capilia longa serum to see if it would work and it did indeed cause new hairs to grow and it filled in some slight patches that I had. The serum was a bit pricy though.

OP
R

ReSTART

I already had a decent beard, but I decided to try a capilia longa serum to see if it would work and it did indeed cause new hairs to grow and it filled in some slight patches that I had. The serum was a bit pricy though.
Thanks for the suggestion, it does look expensive and what they’ve provided is all on head hair, I want beard growth.

It’s turmeric extract so it contains curcumin which is a 5α-Reductase inhibitor.

That’s why I’m looking at castor oil and DHEA, neither of them are 5α-Reductase inhibitors.

lionsmane

Does it work for beard growth?

Yup you should see much better results because hairloss on the head and using peppermint oil to regrow hairloss from aga is like watering an arid desert...

Your face is a much healthier environment and should respond favorably to peppermint oils affects.

My friend grew it without any oils btw, this should only help.

There are studies btw regarding hair regrowth and aga. It could be that person didn't respond well to it because of his scalp environment.

Korven

Topical testosterone should do the trick.

Haidut has mentioned that topical testosterone/preg/prog has great anti-aging effects, citing this study. http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.575.1488&rep=rep1&type=pdf. If you look at the pictures in this study, there's a 84 year old woman (!) that applied testosterone cream on half of her face for 1,5 years and pretty much grew a beard (though mostly vellus hairs looks like). If grandma can get a beard from applying testosterone propionate on her face, than surely a young man would have even better gains, especially if combined with dermarolling.

OP
R

ReSTART

Yup you should see much better results because hairloss on the head and using peppermint oil to regrow hairloss from aga is like watering an arid desert...

Your face is a much healthier environment and should respond favorably to peppermint oils affects.

My friend grew it without any oils btw, this should only help.

There are studies btw regarding hair regrowth and aga. It could be that person didn't respond well to it because of his scalp environment.
The main ingredient in peppermint oil is menthol which may open voltage-gated potassium channels, one of the ways minoxidil stimulates hair growth.

Can I mix it with castor oil or just use them separately?

lionsmane

The main ingredient in peppermint oil is menthol which may open voltage-gated potassium channels, one of the ways minoxidil stimulates hair growth.

Can I mix it with castor oil or just use them separately?
Peppermint oil applied neat has the potential to harm the skin, mixing it with castor oil with a 1:3 ratio sounds like a good idea.

AlexR

Thanks for the suggestion, it does look expensive and what they’ve provided is all on head hair, I want beard growth.

It’s turmeric extract so it contains curcumin which is a 5α-Reductase inhibitor.

That’s why I’m looking at castor oil and DHEA, neither of them are 5α-Reductase inhibitors.
No, it’s sold as a beard serum with a derma-roller and a beard comb. It definitely works for your beard. I have a lot of new terminal hairs and my patches have filled in quite a bit after only 3 months. The mechanism is increased IGF-1 in the hair follicles.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Going to start doing something similar. Dermarolling 2x per week combined with topical Androsterone and capilia longa serum.

IVILA

Doesn't peppermint significantly decrease testosterone levels?