Tummo To Increase Body Temperature?

Ideonaut

Peat recommends operating at a higher pulse rate and body temperature. And I was impressed by the claims of Steve Richfield at fixlowbodytemp.com that have been presented here on this forum. He says moving your body temp to a higher set point can have great health and mental benefits.

I think I'll try tummo--the meditation technique Tibetan monks use to increase body temperature drastically. Tummo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm wondering if anyone on the forum has experience with this or pertinent ideas.

Tarmander

Guy is looking pretty good for 80 years old. Just make sure whatever yogic techniques you get into, they don't involve fasting, rapid breathing, or sending lots of energy up the spine. "Awakening" your kundalini usually ends badly in our day and age.

Elle

Guy is looking pretty good for 80 years old. Just make sure whatever yogic techniques you get into, they don't involve fasting, rapid breathing, or sending lots of energy up the spine. "Awakening" your kundalini usually ends badly in our day and age.
What do you mean by "awakening your kundalini usually ends badly"?

Tarmander

What do you mean by "awakening your kundalini usually ends badly"?

I am not sure how much you know about yogic/spiritual practices, but I was pretty heavily into them in my late teens to mid twenties. Kundalini yoga and other techniques are pretty popular these days. They are designed to send energy up the spine, into the brain, thereby increasing consciousness. For the most part is works pretty well. You wake up, start seeing patterns, etc. However the nervous system can only handle a certain amount of energy and stimulation. Sending energy up your spine into your brain can be terribly destabilizing, leading to anxiety, hallucinations, depression, and other odd ball occurrences.

The reason why most of these practices were relegated to certain peoples in certain areas is because those environments were very grounding. If you were in a Zen monastery, or the Himalayas, and had a kundalini awakening, they would just send you to work in the gardens for six months. This would totally ground your awakening in reality. and complete the loop of energy from the base of your spine, up to your brain, and then down into your stomach.

But these days we do not live in those environments, and kundalini awakenings while you have a job, live in a loud city with bad air, and barely see any gardens, can be bad news. It can totally destabilize your mind. I know because I went through it. I had to eat red meat every day for a couple years before it calmed down, and I still have odd things happen if I do not make sure I am grounded. There are some examples of people having this happen and coming out the other side, but I would say be very careful because you may just end up worse off.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
. I know because I went through it. I had to eat red meat every day for a couple years before it calmed down, and I still have odd things happen if I do not make sure I am grounded.
So red meat helps a person handle the energy?

Tarmander

So red meat helps a person handle the energy?

Yeah. I am not sure why, maybe the Iron? I don't know. I don't think it was that good for me. I think all that red meat definitely gave me some insulin resistance. But it is very grounding, and heavy. There is a reason that spiritual people avoid it.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yeah. I am not sure why, maybe the Iron? I don't know. I don't think it was that good for me. I think all that red meat definitely gave me some insulin resistance. But it is very grounding, and heavy. There is a reason that spiritual people avoid it.
Thanks Tarmander, I'd never heard that perspective before.