Tudca May Be Of Interest To Us? Interesting Research

michael94

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24891994

(From the abstract )

Both UDCA and TUDCA are potent inhibitors of apoptosis, in part by interfering with the upstream mitochondrial pathway of cell death, inhibiting oxygen-radical production, reducing endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress, and stabilizing the unfolded protein response (UPR). Several studies have demonstrated that TUDCA serves as an anti-apoptotic agent for a number of neurodegenerative diseases, including amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and Huntington's disease. In addition, TUDCA plays an important role in protecting against cell death in certain retinal disorders, such as retinitis pigmentosa. It has been shown to reduce ER stress associated with elevated glucose levels in diabetes by inhibiting caspase activation, up-regulating the UPR, and inhibiting reactive oxygen species. Obesity, stroke, acute myocardial infarction, spinal cord injury, and a long list of acute and chronic non-liver diseases associated with apoptosis are all potential therapeutic targets for T/UDCA. A growing number of pre-clinical and clinical studies underscore the potential benefit of this simple, naturally occurring bile acid, which has been used in Chinese medicine for more than 3000 years.

Feel free to offer your thoughts I'm currently working through the full free text available here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4030606/

olive

Anybody tried it?
Many times. It’s held as the holy grail in bodybuilding circles for liver health during/following a heavy liver toxic cycle. Works great, nothing else compares to its effectiveness.

Motif

Awesome! Why not more people take it?

How long should it be used to feel an effect?

I quittet alcohol 1 3/4 years ago and I was drinking heavy on weekends over 14 years . And I smoked cigarettes too. I really think this could be the root cause of my symptoms

olive

Awesome! Why not more people take it?

How long should it be used to feel an effect?

I quittet alcohol 1 3/4 years ago and I was drinking heavy on weekends over 14 years . And I smoked cigarettes too. I really think this could be the root cause of my symptoms
400mg UDCA for two weeks. I know you said you quit alcohol but be careful not to relapse while taking the meds. I’m not sure of the mechanism but it’s recommended to avoid drinking/taking liver toxic meds while using T/UDCA.

Motif

I guess I won't drink alcohol ever again.

Is 400 mg a pretty high dose? Cause I guess my doctor won't prescribe more than usually needed

olive

I guess I won't drink alcohol ever again.

Is 400 mg a pretty high dose? Cause I guess my doctor won't prescribe more than usually needed
You can purchase it fairly easily online from Indian pharmacies without a prescription. The UDCA pills are dosed at 200mg IIRC.
Alternatively you can use TUDCA, which is classified as a supplement. You can find it on amazon.

Jpkoepse

I second that it is holy grail for liver health in bodybuilding health. It clears up bad liver enzymes from oral AAS very quickly. Dosing is usually 750mg to 1250mg in most studies done. It is pretty pricey at that does though.

A side note: it tastes horrifically bitter. You must have these as capsules IMO

Sefton10

My Dad has been diagnosed with Parkinson's, so starting him on TUDCA. Shown to be beneficial in neurodegenerative diseases.

Nokoni

My Dad has been diagnosed with Parkinson's, so starting him on TUDCA. Shown to be beneficial in neurodegenerative diseases.

Thank you for this. Have you gotten any improvement with your dad?

Sefton10

Thank you for this. Have you gotten any improvement with your dad?
Unfortunately not. He has decided he will only take stuff that his doctor suggests.

Nokoni

Unfortunately not. He has decided he will only take stuff that his doctor suggests.
Sorry to hear that, but I wish him well. As for me, I'm optimistic that it may prove beneficial, so thanks again.

Donna57

Forum Supporter
You can purchase it fairly easily online from Indian pharmacies without a prescription. The UDCA pills are dosed at 200mg IIRC.
Alternatively you can use TUDCA, which is classified as a supplement. You can find it on amazon.

liber1

I took Tudca for a couple days last year and I was running to the bathroom every hour with terrible gas, does this mean that I needed Tudca and I was eliminating something or that I should avoid it? Anyone have any insight?

Dave Clark

I took Tudca for a couple days last year and I was running to the bathroom every hour with terrible gas, does this mean that I needed Tudca and I was eliminating something or that I should avoid it? Anyone have any insight?
Most of the people who report what you have mentioned said that after a while those side effects diminished or completely stopped. You are mostly likely either detoxing or acclimating to increased bile flow, etc. Maybe try as low of a dose as you can find, and start from there. If you can't find it in capsules, you can buy the powder, but the powder is very bitter, so putting a low dose of the powder in an empty capsule is warranted, or find a way to mix it with food, juice, and slug it down.

liber1

Most of the people who report what you have mentioned said that after a while those side effects diminished or completely stopped. You are mostly likely either detoxing or acclimating to increased bile flow, etc. Maybe try as low of a dose as you can find, and start from there. If you can't find it in capsules, you can buy the powder, but the powder is very bitter, so putting a low dose of the powder in an empty capsule is warranted, or find a way to mix it with food, juice, and slug it down.
Thanks for the reply! I am keen on agreeing with your sentiment. I’ve heard so many good things that I wanted to try it again. I have the capsules so I think I will remove half for a dose this go around. Fingers crossed for my family’s sake.

Wolf

I’ve found that making sure you have a binder such as charcoal plus a fiber can really help prevent what is essentially bile acid malabsorption diarrhea.

liber1

I’ve found that making sure you have a binder such as charcoal plus a fiber can really help prevent what is essentially bile acid malabsorption diarrhea.
Okay interesting. I heard that using some fiber can help but I didn’t know about adding charcoal as well. I’ve never used charcoal but I will look into the best one to get and how to take it. Thanks for the info @Wolf

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals