TUDCA- Important Peaty Substance? Some Studies To Think About

Broken man

Hello all, I got impressed by TUDCA few days ago and was searching a little bit. I found some good info and think that alot of peatarians could benefit from taking it.

TUDCA restored steroidogenic enzymes and testosterone production.
Leaving Facebook

TUDCA improves DSS induced colitis.
Tauroursodeoxycholic acid inhibits experimental colitis by preventing early intestinal epithelial cell death
Increased Susceptibility to Dextran Sulfate Sodium-Induced Colitis in the Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Transducer OASIS Deficient Mice
BPS Publications

TUDCA and gut microbiome.
Restructuring of the Gut Microbiome by Intermittent Fasting Prevents Retinopathy and Prolongs Survival in db/db Mice
https://aem.asm.org/content/83/7/e02766-16 ( I would like to highlight the fact that TUDCA increased Clostridium Cluster XIValfa and Akkermansia muciniphila, I would recommend to read about this bacteria, you will find them very beneficial and important for health!!!)

You will also find studies about improving metabolism, heart health, atheroslerosis, Nafld and so on....
@olive @Antonello

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Hello all, I got impressed by TUDCA few days ago and was searching a little bit. I found some good info and think that alot of peatarians could benefit from taking it.

Leaving Facebook

Tauroursodeoxycholic acid inhibits experimental colitis by preventing early intestinal epithelial cell death
Increased Susceptibility to Dextran Sulfate Sodium-Induced Colitis in the Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Transducer OASIS Deficient Mice
BPS Publications

Restructuring of the Gut Microbiome by Intermittent Fasting Prevents Retinopathy and Prolongs Survival in db/db Mice
https://aem.asm.org/content/83/7/e02766-16 ( I would like to highlight the fact that TUDCA increased Clostridium Cluster XIValfa and Akkermansia muciniphila, I would recommend to read about this bacteria, you will find them very beneficial and important for health!!!)

You will also find studies about improving metabolism, heart health, atheroslerosis, Nafld and so on....
@olive @Antonello
Awesome info! I alway wondered how this compared to regular Taurine!

Vinny

I,ve been taking TUDCA for about 6 weeks but stopped it. I got constipated. Not 100% sure from it, but very probably. Have no idea why...

Btw, for those who like foreign languages, tudca rhymes well with *putca*, which, in High Bulgarian, means CU*T
:)

Tarmander

I definitely notice a deeper voice when on TUDCA. Took about 1g per day for a couple weeks and then stopped recently. Going to order some more here soon. I think it is definitely something to cycle.

I started 250mg and now 500mg a day. Not sure it is having an effect except perhaps to loosen stool slightly, speed motility a bit, maybe increase fecal mass...

BigChad

I definitely notice a deeper voice when on TUDCA. Took about 1g per day for a couple weeks and then stopped recently. Going to order some more here soon. I think it is definitely something to cycle.
@ecstatichamster where did you get the tudca from?what brand. there seems to be very little selection on amazon... looking for tudca preferably in veggie capsules and from a reliable well known brand... searching tudca on amazon all the brands that show up seem to be shady besides nutricost and im not sure of their quality. also doing 1000mg doses a day of it seems like it would be very expensive, cost seems to be $1 for 300mg of it

Tarmander

@ecstatichamster where did you get the tudca from?what brand. there seems to be very little selection on amazon... looking for tudca preferably in veggie capsules and from a reliable well known brand... searching tudca on amazon all the brands that show up seem to be shady besides nutricost and im not sure of their quality. also doing 1000mg doses a day of it seems like it would be very expensive, cost seems to be $1 for 300mg of it
yeah I did nutricost

BigChad

yeah I did nutricost

Ill likely do that as well, but I saw Jarrow has an actual bile acids product. It has tudca, along with a bunch of other bile acids. It looks like it would be even better than tudca? the acids are all taken from cow/sheep as well instead of synthetic like the nutricost. only thing is it seems like the bile acids product is no longer made or sold anywhere. do you know of any other products similar to jarrow bile acids? I think the bile acids product is different than simply taking an ox bile extract?

Hildy

Leaving Facebook

BPS Publications

@olive @Antonello
Would this be beneficial for someone who doesn't have a gallbladder? That would be me- I already take Ox bile with enzymes which have helped GREATLY with digestion.

Last edited:

vulture

Leaving Facebook

BPS Publications

@olive @Antonello
First study: One of the dosages was 250 and 500 mg per Kg and that’s a f lot of TUDCA. I think is economically absurd to do

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I,ve been taking TUDCA for about 6 weeks but stopped it. I got constipated. Not 100% sure from it, but very probably. Have no idea why...

Btw, for those who like foreign languages, tudca rhymes well with *putca*, which, in High Bulgarian, means CU*T
:)

I noticed the constipation too, but I can't figure out why as well.

Zpol

Leaving Facebook

BPS Publications

@olive @Antonello

I've done some research into TUDCA and UDCA (Ursodiol). The latter causes hair loss, I've wondered if TUDCA does the same.

Either way, I'm not convinced increasing bile flow with supplements/meds is a great thing. It's perhaps more like a bandaid approach. A better way to improve bile flow would be to improve gallbadder function altogether and to clear stones and blockages somehow. In fact if one does have reduced gallbadder functioning anything forcing more gallbadder flow would make that person severely ill. As with Celiac, primary biliary cholangitis is a possible complication to be on the look out for. Also, multiple sclerosis is associated with impaired gallbadder function. Also, gallbadder stones and blockages would prevent an increase in bile flow to actually filter through and bile could get absorbed improperly, possibly contributing to bacterial overgrowth. Furthermore, there is something called Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction. It is an issue of the sphincter not opening and closing at the right times and when this happens it is typically worsened by bile flow.
As a person with Celiac and impaired gallbadder function, even just Nettle or dandelion tea can increase bile flow too much and cause severe pain and flu like symptoms. Gallbadder issues have caused much greater sickness for me than any other single issue, or maybe ALL my sickness is stemming from gallbladder function. I think the importance of gallbladder function is vastly underestimated. Especially in chronic viral issues (impaired gallbladder function can cause chronic flu-like symptoms), Cardiovascular disease, Hypercholesterolemia, and autoimmune disease.

I don't know a better answer to the problem just yet. Gallbladder issues have been a major problem for me. At one point my stools were light gray. Scary. The pain has been unbearable. The flu like symptoms even worse. Definitely a contributing factor behind GERD, LPR, acid reflux, pancreatitis, and SIBO.

Last edited:
OP
Broken man

Broken man

I've done some research into TUDCA and UDCA (Ursodiol). The latter causes hair loss, I've wondered if TUDCA does the same.

Either way, I'm not convinced increasing bile flow with supplements/meds is a great thing. It's perhaps more like a bandaid approach. A better way to improve bile flow would be to improve gallbadder function altogether and to clear stones and blockages somehow. In fact if one does have reduced gallbadder functioning anything forcing more gallbadder flow would make that person severely ill. As with Celiac, primary biliary cholangitis is a possible complication to be on the look out for. Also, multiple sclerosis is associated with impaired gallbadder function. Also, gallbadder stones and blockages would prevent an increase in bile flow to actually filter through and bile could get absorbed improperly, possibly contributing to bacterial overgrowth. Furthermore, there is something called Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction. It is an issue of the sphincter not opening and closing at the right times and when this happens it is typically worsened by bile flow.
As a person with Celiac and impaired gallbadder function, even just Nettle or dandelion tea can increase bile flow too much and cause severe pain and flu like symptoms. Gallbadder issues have caused much greater sickness for me than any other single issue, or maybe ALL my sickness is stemming from gallbladder function. I think the importance of gallbladder function is vastly underestimated. Especially in chronic viral issues (impaired gallbladder function can cause chronic flu-like symptoms), Cardiovascular disease, Hypercholesterolemia, and autoimmune disease.

I don't know a better answer to the problem just yet. Gallbladder issues have been a major problem for me. At one point my stools were light gray. Scary. The pain has been unbearable. The flu like symptoms even worse. Definitely a contributing factor behind GERD, LPR, acid reflux, pancreatitis, and SIBO.
I was fine on tudca until I started drinking alcohol.

Back
Top Bottom