TUDCA- Important Peaty Substance? Some Studies To Think About

Zpol

I was fine on tudca until I started drinking alcohol.

Good to know. I have had to quit alcohol entirely to stay remotely functional, kinda sucks. However, I am able to take about 500 mg of Taurine with no issues. Have you ever had a HIDA scan?

OP
Broken man

Broken man

Good to know. I have had to quit alcohol entirely to stay remotely functional, kinda sucks. However, I am able to take about 500 mg of Taurine with no issues. Have you ever had a HIDA scan?
No I had not. My only problem is liver. I am not drinking now too, bought some sodium butyrate with hope that it will improve my broken intestines.

Zpol

No I had not. My only problem is liver. I am not drinking now too, bought some sodium butyrate with hope that it will improve my broken intestines.

Sodium Butyrate... I had to look it up. Wish I would have known about it sooner. At one point I passed out from drinking vodka/Oj on an empty stomach, ended up in the ER. This was the beginning of 2 year long health crisis. Anyway, older and wiser now, and feeling much better than when I was moderately drinking.

I was thinking about getting another HIDA scan to assess gallbladder function. And if it the results showed better functioning, and free from blockages, I might consider trying TUDCA as I could definitely benefit based on the studies you referenced and the research I have personally gathered. HIDA scan is not without it's dangers though, and I don't know if it'd be worth it.

Inaut

@Zpol vitamin c is helpful for gallbladder issues. I recently discovered it for this use and gallbladder pains are much reduced.

Just thought I’d pass along if it works.

Zpol

@Zpol vitamin c is helpful for gallbladder issues. I recently discovered it for this use and gallbladder pains are much reduced.

Just thought I’d pass along if it works.

Thank you. Literally in the middle of researching that right now! Seems promising. The only caveat is possibly kidney stones if one is predisposed. I found Quali c from DSM is virtually contaminate free so I'm going to give it a go. Hopefully my delicate guts can handle it. I'm kind of thinking most people who have negative reactions to it are reacting more to either the contaminants, fillers/flavorings or other added impurities, or allergens if derived from fruit. Thanks.

OP
Broken man

Broken man

Sodium Butyrate... I had to look it up. Wish I would have known about it sooner. At one point I passed out from drinking vodka/Oj on an empty stomach, ended up in the ER. This was the beginning of 2 year long health crisis. Anyway, older and wiser now, and feeling much better than when I was moderately drinking.

I was thinking about getting another HIDA scan to assess gallbladder function. And if it the results showed better functioning, and free from blockages, I might consider trying TUDCA as I could definitely benefit based on the studies you referenced and the research I have personally gathered. HIDA scan is not without it's dangers though, and I don't know if it'd be worth it.
Look here A New Proposal for the Pathogenic Mechanism of Non-Coeliac/Non-Allergic Gluten/Wheat Sensitivity: Piecing Together the Puzzle of Recent Scientific Evidence

Zpol

Zpol

My sodium butyrate should arrive about Monday next week…. @Zpol

Hope it helps! I wish I would have done the sodium butyrate before I spent hundreds of dollars on useless and potentially dangerous probiotics. But interestingly there was one probiotic that actually helped and that was bifidobacteria, all the others including VSL3 did nothing. The downside was that it only worked for about 3 months. I'm glad you brought this up, I had stopped researching in that direction but this is something I will have to think about considering my past positive experience with bifido.

OP
Broken man

Broken man

Hope it helps! I wish I would have done the sodium butyrate before I spent hundreds of dollars on useless and potentially dangerous probiotics. But interestingly there was one probiotic that actually helped and that was bifidobacteria, all the others including VSL3 did nothing. The downside was that it only worked for about 3 months. I'm glad you brought this up, I had stopped researching in that direction but this is something I will have to think about considering my past positive experience with bifido.
Its hard to find really effective thing, its my fifth year of searching for a way how to improve my health to stay full of energy so I can fight challenges that are waiting for me. If you have digestive issues like me.

- inosine- helps with intestinal barrier, antiviral, increased oxygen, better oxidative metabolism
- banana and pinneapple diet- when my gut is really bad, helps me after week
- threonine - good for mucin production
- pregnenolone - I am big fan of this hormone, I am taking it almost everyday and think it helps with intestines.
- bromelain - pinneapple supplement
-l tyrosine- helps with motivation when needed

Zpol

- inosine- helps with intestinal barrier, antiviral, increased oxygen, better oxidative metabolism
- banana and pinneapple diet- when my gut is really bad, helps me after week
- threonine - good for mucin production
- pregnenolone - I am big fan of this hormone, I am taking it almost everyday and think it helps with intestines.
- bromelain - pinneapple supplement
-l tyrosine- helps with motivation when needed

Yes my gut is extremely bad, and has been for years. I honestly don't know how it is that I'm even still alive. But fortunately, some things have helped tremendously in the last 5 or 6 months. Mainly eliminating starch, also taking zinc and selenium (I was trying to get enough from diet but my guts just don't absorb them apparently). I will definitely look more into the things you have listed, especially the inosine and threonine; I've already been considering them actually so it's helpful to know your positive experience. I wish I could take bromelain but I'm allergic to pinneapple. Thanks!

OP
Broken man

Broken man

Yes my gut is extremely bad, and has been for years. I honestly don't know how it is that I'm even still alive. But fortunately, some things have helped tremendously in the last 5 or 6 months. Mainly eliminating starch, also taking zinc and selenium (I was trying to get enough from diet but my guts just don't absorb them apparently). I will definitely look more into the things you have listed, especially the inosine and threonine; I've already been considering them actually so it's helpful to know your positive experience. I wish I could take bromelain but I'm allergic to pinneapple. Thanks!
Alot of people allergic to pinneapple can take purified bromelain.

Zpol

@Broken man
One more quick question... Do you take the bromelain with food to aid digestion or away from food for a more systemic effect?
I deal with low elastase (Dx via a stool test) and chronic pancreatitis, had few bouts of acute pancreatitis as well. My natropathic M.D. suggested I take proteolytic enzymes, one of which is bromelain, away from foods to help my pancreas issues. I only have one opportunity per day to take meds away from food, just wondering your experience with food timing.
Coincidentally, it appears Sodium Butyrate could also increase elastase.

OP
Broken man

Broken man

@Broken man
One more quick question... Do you take the bromelain with food to aid digestion or away from food for a more systemic effect?
I deal with low elastase (Dx via a stool test) and chronic pancreatitis, had few bouts of acute pancreatitis as well. My natropathic M.D. suggested I take proteolytic enzymes, one of which is bromelain, away from foods to help my pancreas issues. I only have one opportunity per day to take meds away from food, just wondering your experience with food timing.
Coincidentally, it appears Sodium Butyrate could also increase elastase.
I take it when I feel that I am bloated And with food. Bromelain Is making me hungry. For additional info, check selfhacked butyrate topic, you will find alot of good stuff.

Zpol

Hi @Broken man ,

How's it going with the TUDCA? Are you still taking it?
I'm considering taking it for suspected biliary cholangitis. It appears to be more effective than UDCA for biliary and liver health.
Just wondering what your experience has been with it, especially in the long term if you are still taking it. Hope all is well with you!

OP
Broken man

Broken man

Hi @Broken man ,

How's it going with the TUDCA? Are you still taking it?
I'm considering taking it for suspected biliary cholangitis. It appears to be more effective than UDCA for biliary and liver health.
Just wondering what your experience has been with it, especially in the long term if you are still taking it. Hope all is well with you!
I am not taking it, It was great from the start but I dont feel some effect now. I am currently taking low dose naltrexone which is very interesting with benfotiamine, p5p B6, creatine and glucoronolactone. I have high estrogen and this should help. But to be honest I am trying to detox it for like 2 years and dont have much success to this day. The LDN am doing only for few weeks so It could change it according to experience by others. For now, its only supp that I will notice when I dont take it.

Zpol

I am not taking it, It was great from the start but I dont feel some effect now. I am currently taking low dose naltrexone which is very interesting with benfotiamine, p5p B6, creatine and glucoronolactone. I have high estrogen and this should help. But to be honest I am trying to detox it for like 2 years and dont have much success to this day. The LDN am doing only for few weeks so It could change it according to experience by others. For now, its only supp that I will notice when I dont take it.

That's what I've read from some other people too about the TUDCA. I will hold off on it for now. I am due for some diagnostics, mainly to assess my liver for Biliary Cholangitis as it is somewhat common in people with Celiac and I've had the symptoms (jaundice, abdominal pain, pale, gray stools). I think my latest flare up of pain was due to an Amino Acid supplement containing Taurine; I don't think my bile ducts could manage the additional bile flow taurine is known to stimulate. My doc will put me on UDCA if that's the case. Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out what to do about my poor liver detoxification issues, I too cannot seem to detox estrogen (or any toxin really).

A forum member posted these interesting podcasts about liver detoxification...
The Dr. Kelly one was very informative. She talks about why some people's liver detoxification processes get blocked or held up. I wouldn't bother with the Keith Morey one; he's just promoting his own olive oil/ grapfruit juice cleanses.
One of the things Dr. Kelly mentions is a need to really dig deep to find any sort of inflammation, she's got recommendations for how to do that on her website. But what I found interesting is her use of supplemental phosphatidylcholine to thin bile. Thinner bile keeps it flowing and prevents bile sludge to accumulate and stop up detoxification processes. This is not a new idea to me, I had been using MitoLipin in hopes of achieving the same effect as phosphatidylcholine, in addition to 'fixing' my mitochondria issue. Haidut's OP on the MitoLipin page links to many studies showing the beneficial effects of phosphatidylcholine for liver/gallbladder, digestion, and inflammation but they don't say what type of "PC" was used. Sunflower and Soy derived phosphatidylcholine would obviously be high in PUFA. So I'm at a loss in researching this angle.

I am really curious to know if you have any positive results with LDN. My doctor offered to prescribe this to me at one point. But I heard it can have some COX II inhibitory effects so I didn't take it. But I would if it really helps with estrogen overload.

Great to hear from you BrokenMan, I really appreciate your reply!

OP
Broken man

Broken man

That's what I've read from some other people too about the TUDCA. I will hold off on it for now. I am due for some diagnostics, mainly to assess my liver for Biliary Cholangitis as it is somewhat common in people with Celiac and I've had the symptoms (jaundice, abdominal pain, pale, gray stools). I think my latest flare up of pain was due to an Amino Acid supplement containing Taurine; I don't think my bile ducts could manage the additional bile flow taurine is known to stimulate. My doc will put me on UDCA if that's the case. Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out what to do about my poor liver detoxification issues, I too cannot seem to detox estrogen (or any toxin really).

A forum member posted these interesting podcasts about liver detoxification...

The Dr. Kelly one was very informative. She talks about why some people's liver detoxification processes get blocked or held up. I wouldn't bother with the Keith Morey one; he's just promoting his own olive oil/ grapfruit juice cleanses.
One of the things Dr. Kelly mentions is a need to really dig deep to find any sort of inflammation, she's got recommendations for how to do that on her website. But what I found interesting is her use of supplemental phosphatidylcholine to thin bile. Thinner bile keeps it flowing and prevents bile sludge to accumulate and stop up detoxification processes. This is not a new idea to me, I had been using MitoLipin in hopes of achieving the same effect as phosphatidylcholine, in addition to 'fixing' my mitochondria issue. Haidut's OP on the MitoLipin page links to many studies showing the beneficial effects of phosphatidylcholine for liver/gallbladder, digestion, and inflammation but they don't say what type of "PC" was used. Sunflower and Soy derived phosphatidylcholine would obviously be high in PUFA. So I'm at a loss in researching this angle.

I am really curious to know if you have any positive results with LDN. My doctor offered to prescribe this to me at one point. But I heard it can have some COX II inhibitory effects so I didn't take it. But I would if it really helps with estrogen overload.

Great to hear from you BrokenMan, I really appreciate your reply!
I believe that TUDCA is good. I was using only 250 mg per day which is not much. I wanted to try it again but I am little sad from my last experiment so I will have break for few weeks. About LDN, there is a book where is written that it is increasing or detoxing your body of estrogen and other toxins, that is a reason why it takes some time to make you feel better or got you to remission. To make it more understandable, I am sleeping like a baby, have better bowels, good thinking, more energy when I take it. Also my face is looking much younger, really. The only negative for me is that I am somewhat very sensitive to cold and winds. I believe that LDN is must for celiacs.... Also search for D-limonene, Its on the way, should help with detox too. According to my bowels and urea, I am detoxing some Real sh*t... Also the glucoronolactone is very good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom