TUDCA effect!!! Maybe TMI...

June

Holy Jebus, what is happening? I took 1/4 of a 250mg Nutricost TUDCA pill and it flipped my insides out. Due to my ill health and poor gut microbes/SIBO, I could go 4 days without a bowel movement and even after that I would need the assistance of Magnesium oxide or bisglycinate. I took the 1/4 this afternoon and all evening, my stomach was feeling a discomfort. Like I'm about to have an IBS attack. Didn't think much of it as the urge wasn't too profound. Then came time to get in bed. I felt that IBS urge and ran to the bathroom. I let loose and golly did it stink. My flower poops haven't smelled normal in a long while since I know I do not digest my fats, but this was on another level. It wouldn't leave my bathroom. How do I know if this is worth continuing? How do I know if this is an effect of having bile move? or if this is somehow killing bad bacteria/parasites and it is causing a die-off reaction. Can a person have too much bile? In 2018 a gyno gave me high dose birth control pills to stop a hemorrhage and it turned my poops grey, so I know it affected my liver/gallbladder in some way and I haven't been the same since. The only positive I can see is that this caused a bowel movement. But should I endure the pain to see if it's a clear out? Should I try it for 5 days to see if this eases? I can't believe I'm having a reaction at 1/4 of a pill. My mom got up to 2 pills till she experienced diarrhea. Why am I more sensitive?

i would continue but at a lower dose - you can up the dose super gradually and see what happens. it might be that you are in better health than your mother ?

OP
J

June

i would continue but at a lower dose - you can up the dose super gradually and see what happens. it might be that you are in better health than your mother ?

Thanks for the quick reply! Lower would mean half of that 1/4 pill. Has such a low dose been used before and be found to have positive effects? Hmm I have wondered if the mechanics of my liver is in better shape than my mom's. Though she does have daily bowel movements, albeit very small amount. She lost a great deal of weight after battling SIBO and C.Difficile. I'm not sure whether I have C.Difficile. I, on the other hand, find it hard to lose the last 15 lbs. All my health issues only started after getting off habit forming or strong medications. Perhaps she produces less bile whereas I still produce bile but I'm clogged?

Wolf

Thanks for the quick reply! Lower would mean half of that 1/4 pill. Has such a low dose been used before and be found to have positive effects? Hmm I have wondered if the mechanics of my liver is in better shape than my mom's. Though she does have daily bowel movements, albeit very small amount. She lost a great deal of weight after battling SIBO and C.Difficile. I'm not sure whether I have C.Difficile. I, on the other hand, find it hard to lose the last 15 lbs. All my health issues only started after getting off habit forming or strong medications. Perhaps she produces less bile whereas I still produce bile but I'm clogged?
@June did you continue taking TUDCA? Did the bowel movements ever settle down? Definitely curious about getting my liver moving as I have had bouts of low GI motility.

OP
J

June

@June did you continue taking TUDCA? Did the bowel movements ever settle down? Definitely curious about getting my liver moving as I have had bouts of low GI motility.
Hi! I never did after that intense one time trial. I'm currently working on progesterone but without my thyroid working properly, I don't think my motility will come back online. Also have a raging SIBO infection so I am trying to address that. But it's been said here that sometimes SIBO and Candida are caused by a slow thyroid. My next challenge is trying to find thyroid meds that ship to Canada.

Wolf

Hi! I never did after that intense one time trial. I'm currently working on progesterone but without my thyroid working properly, I don't think my motility will come back online. Also have a raging SIBO infection so I am trying to address that. But it's been said here that sometimes SIBO and Candida are caused by a slow thyroid. My next challenge is trying to find thyroid meds that ship to Canada.
Ah. Well TUDCA is definitely getting and keeping things moving. The thermogenic effects alone are insane.
I’ve previously used triphala and TTFD to keep things moving. For the “bulk” I would hydrate a tbsp of chia seed to be taken with breakfast and lunch.
Good luck on shipping to Canada!

Karmeleon

For bile you could try taurine and glycine. Both are needed for bile acid Synthesis in the liver. Traditional milk thistle and artichoke extract were used to adress that. I think dosage were 1g/3x a day taurine and up to 5g/3x a day glycine. Please look up the forum for more information of those 2, there are good threads.
About 80g Coconut oil healed the liver of alcoholic cirrhotic rats. It also completely eliminated endotoxin response. I Had some good experience with a combination of all of the above.
Aspirin recovered gall bladder function, there is also Info in the forum, not much was needed.
Be careful with gelatin and sibo, it seems to feed really nasty bugs. Haidut wrote lately, people with liver disease have very low Levels of Vitamins ADEK. Supplemention with adequate b-vitamins would maybe advised. Start slow, If the liver is not working right, every kind of supplementation could have weird side effects.
Have you tried active charcoal? Over night it seems to take off some burden from liver, when no nutrition comes in.

Kyle970

Concentrated beet greens is something I'm looking at. About the only thing I see results with is conjugated bile salt but I only use temporarily.