Tube feeding

TiredofLies

What do you think? My diet is mostly mashed potatoes, sometimes I don't feel like eating it, can I just buy an orogastic tube a force it down? No chewing required anyway.

tara

I think Peat has said that chewing helps stimulate the processes that keep teeth strong.
Also, for some foods, the mouth can start the digestive processes and signal the rest of the system what's coming, so digestion is probably better by eating food.
I tend to think our tastes have a very useful role in guiding us to eat the food we need, and reject food that is not so likely to serve us, on meal-to-meal basis.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I don't think I'd get a feeding tube unless you are in danger of starving to death. You would have to place the tube correctly or find someone who knows how to do that and make sure it goes in the esophagus not the trachea. Certainly you would probably want to remove it if you we're to go out. They come in different sizes as well and you would also need a feeding pump. I'm thinking you might have to involve a doctor to help in obtaining the necessary supplies. Most of the tube feeding formulas I've seen contain gums and soybean oil anyway.

It seems easier to me to eat when you need to even if you don't feel like it. I did it for many months myself so I can relate to where your coming from but eventually with continued practice it gets easier.

Steffi

Yeah, really? If you don't want/like to eat it I would first think that there is a reason for it. Maybe your body doesn't need it and even want it.
Didn't Ray say number one is, that you eat something you really enjoy? That's definitely right and if you don't like the potatoes you should look for something else or spice them up in a way you like.

Perhaps going from the other side would be more optimal to feed the microflora. Because that's all we care for anyway :cool:

tara

Steffi said:
Didn't Ray say number one is, that you eat something you really enjoy? That's definitely right and if you don't like the potatoes you should look for something else or spice them up in a way you like.
:)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals