TTFD’s Paradoxical Reaction

orewashin

When I take TTFD (fat-soluble and highly bioactive form of B1), my body becomes paralyzed or very weak and my mind doesn’t seem to be affected much.

It’s said that it can worsen neurological symptoms such as brain fog, yet only my body seems to be affected. Does this point toward peripheral nerve impairment as a cause of my fatigue?

There’s also the possibility that TTFD only makes it to peripheral nerves before being stored in fat tissue, preventing it from reaching the brain. But in that case, brain fog wouldn’t be a reported side effect, and it’s said that people only experience this for a week.

I wonder if taking it before nerve conductance and EMG testing would help find out what’s wrong, or provide a false reading.

Xisca

Update? Have you thought about trying benfothiamine and taking co-factors?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Possibly potassium deficiency.

Xisca

It can be both Mg or K.

Xisca

Also it is taxing methylation and glutathione, both must be supported in order for TTFD to work and to be safe.
I take 1 thiamax only and increase other forms. We have to try, it is individual. Benfothiamine is said to be good in case of sugar issues, so I take this one. I will soon try the normal HCl form too.

magnesiumania

Ive had great resaults from TTFD but tend to exp some side effects latly. Like the weakness yiu speak of. Magnesium helps and frankly i cant use mg without TTFD. I think this "hack" form of thiamine can derange iron metabolism somewhat by blocking Ferroportin. Glycine and electrolytes may help aswell as lowering the dose. I usually split a cap...

Makrosky

Ive had great resaults from TTFD but tend to exp some side effects latly. Like the weakness yiu speak of. Magnesium helps and frankly i cant use mg without TTFD. I think this "hack" form of thiamine can derange iron metabolism somewhat by blocking Ferroportin. Glycine and electrolytes may help aswell as lowering the dose. I usually split a cap...
Do you think this can happen with thiamine hcl? Or is it only with the active forms like allithiamine etc.?

magnesiumania

Do you think this can happen with thiamine hcl? Or is it only with the active forms like allithiamine etc.?
To me, HCL does NOTHING, no side effects nor effects. And i really dont think it will happen as im satisfied the explainations for how TTFD is processed is what causes this reactions.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals