TSH Levels And Ray Peat Diet

danielbb

Is he allergic to egg whites @somuch4food ? I am pretty sure you can make that recipe using 3 egg whites separated from their yokes instead of using two whole eggs. I am thinking of doing that and then there would be almost zero fat in the recipe. Nothing against fat, just don't want it in my pastries to avoid the mixing issues we have been talking about. Would be curious to know if the whites are a problem for him.

somuch4food

Is he allergic to egg whites @somuch4food ? I am pretty sure you can make that recipe using 3 egg whites separated from their yokes instead of using two whole eggs. I am thinking of doing that and then there would be almost zero fat in the recipe. Nothing against fat, just don't want it in my pastries to avoid the mixing issues we have been talking about. Would be curious to know if the whites are a problem for him.

He was tested for whole eggs and I haven't tried introducing egg whites only. I would have to check with his GP. His next reintroduction is due in september and I was thinking of asking if we could try egg whites only.

OP
NHF

NHF

Hi All,

This is my first post on here. I'm a 32 years old male and I follow a healthy diet lifestyle a couple of years ago (without sugars just from complex carbs sources, 1:1 Protein Carbs ratio and around 25-30% healthy fats), and I workout 3-4 times a week (High intensity Weight Training) and I am 190 cm / 84 Kg

A month ago my hair thinned out all over my head and it started falling out rapidly so I first thought it could be Telogen Effluvium so I went to a dermatologist and he confirmed it's not a TE in my case but a male pattern baldness (Androgenetic Alopecia).
Long story short, he prescribed Finasteride (1 mg) for me but I am not willing to take it even if I would go completely bald.

I came through Ray Peat forums through Danny Roddy youtube videos and would like your assistance please.
I've done a blood test and here below are the results:

View attachment 12969

After reading some of RP advices, I think that his diet won't work for me because my TSH levels are already low and this only works for hypothyroidism (High TSH Levels), is that true?

Thank you,

Thank you all for your great contributions, i really appreciate it.
İ would like to mention few more things in which could answer your questions:

1- Three months ago i started taking cipralex 10mg (lexapro) again. İ took it before for 1 year then i stopped it cold turkey. İ am now reducing it to 5mg a day so i can greadually stop it few weeks later.

2- i always feel cold hands and feets (no clue why) but almost most of the day.

3- i always feel my stomach bloated specially after eating grains.

4- i feel shortness of breath and that was the mean reason why i started taking cipralex once again but it didn't help at all. İ still feel this even after taking it for three months.

5- i eat around 2500 - 3000 calories a day, i don't count actually, it's just an estimation

@Luckytype I would greatly appreciate it if you could kindly advise.

Thanks,

Luckytype

@Luckytype I would greatly appreciate it if you could kindly advise.

Thanks,
Sure but I have some questions. Your hormone profiles look great but levels in blood do not always correspond with tissue utilization which is why a "good" looking TSH can still have symptoms of poor energy/thyroid function. Plenty of "good" things can rise with the acute stress of exercise but it doesnt excuse the fact that your body could still be quite angry. In cases of people who supplement thyroid, T4 calms TSH and elevated stress of all types can also suppress TSH, doesnt mean its being converted. These same stressors can be the reason you look awesome physically, bloodwork is ok but you feel like sluggish cold junk if not working out.

What does your day consist of?

How emotionally stressed are you?

Sleep quality?

Sunlight? I know many of us are just getting out of a 6month winter, I feel distinctly better when its sunny.

How are your core temps during the day and what would you say is a peak temp that you hit? This seems miniscule but is an indicator of good processing and good byproduct creation(heat/CO2). Cold extremeties all the the time mean angry body

You have to think of the body as a machine, thyroid function as an accelerator pedal. Remember the body has priority for survival. No fuel or nutrients to process the fuel- no actual acceleration. Fuel and accelerator pedal with no nutrients, no horsepower.

OP
NHF

NHF

@Luckytype Good morning! Thanks a lot for your prompt response. I Appreciate it.

What does your day consist of?

I wake up somewhere between 7am–8am, sometimes I eat a light breakfast (Pita bread with cheese and I've recently introduced green tea or black coffee for their good effects on hair loss and blocking DHT) while driving to work; I work (Desk job) until 7pm and I workout trice a week (Mon-Wed-Fri).
During the day, I will have a lunch between 12pm–1pm and keep drinking coffee (3 or 4 times a day)
Right after work, I will eat 2 ripe bananas pre-workout. Once I get home, I will have a dinner and keep eating until I go to bed usually between 12am-1am.

How emotionally stressed are you?

To be honest work is stressful but do you really think it would be causing that much of side effects?
Everyone's life is becoming very stressing.

Sleep quality?
it's not consistent, sometimes I will have a really good sleep and other times I feel like I am getting disturbed and wake up a couple of times at night.(for few seconds). So, it really depends.

Sunlight?
I don't get enough sunlight, perhaps just on weekends but of course not during my working days and that's why I keep supplementing with Vitamin D 5000 UI every other day or so.

Here below is another recent Blood test that I've done as well: (Vitamin D is 26)

upload_2019-4-30_10-10-8.png

I don't really think that I have any deficiency that is causing my hair to thin out and fall. So I think it's DHT now.

Note: I am not considering taking finasteride despite of my dermatologist insistence, I know it might work and would probably keep my hair on my head but it's not really worth the risk. Instead, I started taking 1000 mg of Pumpkin seed oil every other day as I am really becoming convinced that DHT is the only root cause for hair thinning and falling out but if and only if the are no vitamin deficiencies such in my case.

What do you think?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals