TSH, FT3 And FT4 Result

mommyof3

Hi! I just like to ask for help, please interpret my lab results below. The doctor said its all normal but Im confused bec my ft3 is low. Thanks

TSH - .061 uIU/mL (normal range: .25-5.0)

fT3 - 3.72 pmol/L (normal range: 4.0 - 8.3)

fT4 - 14.71 pmol/L (normal range: 10.6 - 19.4)

My ultrasound says that:

"Enlarged thyroid gland with complex hyphoechoic nodules"

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Welcome @mommyof3. :welcome

Do you have a goiter? If so this post has some good information.

Thyroid Supplementation - Is It Worth It?

From what I've read here on the forum Peat recommends testing for total t3 and t4 rather than free t3 and t4.

Im hoping others reply with additional information.

OP
M

mommyof3

The doctor never said that I have a goiter. I experience nervousness, anxiety, depression, insomnia etc. The doctor said maybe I need to see a psychiatrist so I can be given an anti-depressants. But I didn't take her advise. I know antidepressants have many negative effects. And i cant accept the trend that if someone is depressed, its automatic to take ADs.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
"Enlarged thyroid gland with complex hyphoechoic nodules"
The statement from your ultrasound made me curious about the possibility of a goiter.
The doctor never said that I have a goiter. I experience nervousness, anxiety, depression, insomnia etc. The doctor said maybe I need to see a psychiatrist so I can be given an anti-depressants. But I didn't take her advise. I know antidepressants have many negative effects. And i cant accept the trend that if someone is depressed, its automatic to take ADs.
I can understand your reluctance to take antidepressants especially if the root cause of your symptoms stems from your thyroid.
Have you checked your temperature and pulse?
It seems like there is something going on with your thyroid with the low ft3 and ultrasound report but it is most likely considered sub-clinical by the doctor. It could be a situation that you can improve upon with dietary and other measures on your own.
How familiar are you with Dr.Peat's work?

OP
M

mommyof3

Hi! Thanks again for your prompt reply. Im planning to see another endo next week. I hope I can be diagnosed well. No, im not yet familiar with Dr. Peat's work. Can you relay that to me? Ty

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi! Thanks again for your prompt reply. Im planning to see another endo next week. I hope I can be diagnosed well. No, im not yet familiar with Dr. Peat's work. Can you relay that to me? Ty
I'm glad you're getting a second opinion.
Dr.Peat is a scientist that has done quite a bit of research over the years on numerous topics including the thyroid, metabolism and other hormones. He has a website if you are interested in checking it out, www.raypeat.com.

Feel free to browse around the forum. There is a wealth of information you can learn from at your own pace. If you have questions you can always ask and usually someone here will be able to help you find an answer.
ETA: you may also want to check out our resources page,

Resources

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals