Tryptophan Depletion

lexis

Acute tryptophan depletion (ATD) is a powerful approach to investigate the effects of 5-HT in different settings. By ingesting a drink containing large neutral amino acids (LNAA) but no tryptophan, LNAAs compete with endogenous TRP for transport across the blood-brain barrier (BBB), subsequently lowering brain tryptophan levels.

http://www.tryptophan-depletion.com/

Admin,if this has been posted earlier,please delete it.

Vinero

I tried it multiple times. I just cut out all protein sources from my diet for 2 days. The only protein I eat is massive amounts of BCAA powder (like 70 grams per day,) with white rice, potatoes, coconut oil, coke.
Results for me were super-clearheadedness, absence of fatigue, improved sleep quality, and very high sex drive..
It's awesome.

jaguar43

Vinero said:
I tried it multiple times. I just cut out all protein sources from my diet for 2 days. The only protein I eat is massive amounts of BCAA powder (like 70 grams per day,) with white rice, potatoes, coconut oil, coke.
Results for me were super-clearheadedness, absence of fatigue, improved sleep quality, and very high sex drive..
It's awesome.

Ray Peat has said that Eggs Heart and skin do not contain the harmful amino acids.

Ben

Gelatin contains no tryptophan at all, so if you wanted the same effect you could eat orange juice jello. It would provide sugar and gelatin. But remember, cortisol still liberates tryptophan from muscle tissue. It's a similar way with a completely fat-free diet: You may have no PUFA in your diet, but you still have PUFA in fat tissue which gets liberated.

jyb

Vinero said:
It's awesome.

That's interesting, but for how long do the benefits last? If the effect only last on the day you used the powder, then I'm not sure how useful it is, because in the long run one will need the milk (calcium) and meat (vitamins)...

paper_clips43

jag2594 said:
Vinero said:
It's awesome.

Ray Peat has said that Eggs Heart and skin do not contain the harmful amino acids.

Heart as in Animals Hearts do not contain the harmful amino acids? I find that hard to believe.
Are they not muscle meat? I think they would be full of tryptophan and cysteine.

jaguar43

paper_clips43 said:
jag2594 said:
Vinero said:
It's awesome.

Heart as in Animals Hearts do not contain the harmful amino acids? I find that hard to believe.
Are they not muscle meat? I think they would be full of tryptophan and cysteine.

HEart has a lot of co enzyme 10. Plus is not as strong tasting as muscle meat or liver. Its has a sweet taste.

paper_clips43

jag2594 said:
paper_clips43 said:
jag2594 said:
Vinero said:
It's awesome.

HEart has a lot of co enzyme 10. Plus is not as strong tasting as muscle meat or liver. Its has a sweet taste.

Thats great to know! I love me some heart! Looking forward to eating more :)

jyb

According to Wikipedia, liver and heart also have quite a lot (about 50% less than heart). Doesn't seem to be a need to eat heart just to get Co10.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals