Trying To Oxidize Glucose After 6 Years

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by Velve921, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Velve921

Velve921 Member

So, after 6 years of following Peat, with everything I’ve tried, I have not been able to go low fat yet.

however, the one area I’ve not experiment as much with yet is B3 to lower lipolysis and see if it’ll help me utilize sugar better.

In other words, I’m going to try B3 with lowering my fat and increasing my sugar to see if B3 has been a missing link to me healing.

120-150 grams a fat per day has been where I’ve had to sit to feel at my best.

Now, I want to try 80-100 grams a day with supplementing B3 and see if it improves.

Any thoughts on this line of thinking?

Thanks!

2. methylenewhite

methylenewhite Member

3 months skim+sugar syrup as a last act out of desperation.

3. OP
    Velve921

Velve921 Member

Just so I understand, your saying if nothing else works, try going 3 months of skim*sugar syrup and nothing else to aggressively create the adaptation?

explain and thanks for sharing!

4. postman

postman Member

pretty sure you can eat as much MCT as you want without it disturbing sugar usage, it would be expensive if you're gonna eat 100g though. 100 g is not low fat though

5. Beastmode

Beastmode Member

After gaining the common "peaty weight" during the 1st few years or so eating this, I've finally started to consistently lower my weight through diet alone. I initially started at or around 160 lbs and shot up to 189 lbs at my highest. I had seemed to settle at 187 range for most, if not all, 2019 and nothing seemed to lower it. I was eating around 60 grams of fat per day on average and didn't feel good less than that.

In the past few months I really took the initiative to get my calcium ratio to phosphorus improved and since then I've lost around 9 lbs. I started using coconut oil almost exclusively instead of the moderate amount of grass fed butter and that seems to be helping as well. I'm probably somewhere around 40 grams per day and feel great.

In the past week I've been able to integrate skim milk into my daily regiment which is pretty cool as I didn't feel that great on 1% after 3-4 days of drinking. I probably drink around 3 cups of 1% milk and 1 cup of skim milk per day. I'm slowly working towards skim milk fully to see if I can function well on it and continue to improve my thyroid, etc.

It's pretty cool to be leaning up like this via diet alone.......it's about f$%# time after 3 years eating this way :)

6. milkboi

milkboi Member

Mildronate would be a good way to test how pure glucose oxidation feels. Haven't tried it myself yet, but planning to soon.

7. drk

drk Member

please elaborate on calcium to phosphorus ratio - quantities and sources

8. managing

managing Member

What isn't clear to me about Mildronate is this: It is well-established that it blocks fatty acid metabolism. However, does this inherently improve glucose metabolism?

9. OP
    Velve921

Velve921 Member

Thanks for sharing your thoughts my friend and I’m happy to hear you are seeing progress!

It’s funny you talk about the ca:p ratio; I’ve had the same effects. Over the 6 years I noticed that I feel at my best with calcium is high.

However, it wasn’t until recently that I realized that when I am 100% strict on:

Ca:p
    No starch.
    No meat.

Fat loss and mental clarity has sky rocketed. Lost 20 lbs in last 7 months.

10. managing

managing Member

Answered my own question. At least partly:

"increased the rate of insulin-stimulated glucose uptake by 35% and the expression of glucose transporter 4, hexokinase II, and insulin receptor proteins in mouse hearts. "

Mildronate decreases carnitine availability and up-regulates glucose uptake and related gene expression in the mouse heart - ScienceDirect

11. Beastmode

Beastmode Member

Interesting! I still eat well cooked white rice and meat pretty much daily. I have gelatin with the meat most of the time so that most likely keeps the inflammation, etc down. I eliminated starches for a few months and felt pretty good. I was drinking more mexican coke then. I don't desire the mexican coke anymore and I can only eat so much fruit per day for carbs.

12. OP
    Velve921

Velve921 Member

I wish I could eat white rice and meat every haha

The body says no.

13. Tarmander

Tarmander Member

antibiotics and antibiotic herbs really lower insulin resistance for me. Make carbs much easier to eat.

Tulsi, Neem, Ginger, berberine, tetracyclines, and macrolides.

14. methylenewhite

methylenewhite Member

Traditional garam masala too.

15. Tarmander

Tarmander Member

yeah there are tons. Bitter melon, although it has some vitamin A

16. megadorus

megadorus Member

Why do you want to force a low-fat diet when you don't feel good on it?
    What's wrong with using both carbs AND fat as fuel?

17. OP
    Velve921

Velve921 Member

I’m not thinking in terms of forcing, more like experimenting to see if there is something I’ve not fully considered yet.

so far since implementing, my fat intake has already come down naturally.

18. schultz

schultz Member

I used to feel weird if I dropped my fat too low. I remember several years back trying to do a very low-fat eating plan and feeling sort of 'empty' like I hadn't eaten enough or something. Even at 20g per day I felt a bit weird. Now I can apparently tolerate almost zero fat without feeling weird. The change in taste is always interesting to me. If I go very low fat for a while (under 10g per day) then even slightly fatty things taste very rich. 3.25% milk tastes like cream. It's fun to fiddle around with that stuff. I imagine 10 years ago 'Schultz' would have found current 'Schultz' lattes way too sweet. I remember eating very low carb (I counted the carbs in eggs lol ... 0.6g from what I remember) and thinking raw broccoli was sweet.

19. Beastmode

Beastmode Member

Interesting! I can handle far less fat now than a few years ago eating this way. I hear about the health benefits of low fat diets from Peat, but I wonder if it needs rephrasing to the "lowest amount of fat where you can still feel good" is more appropriate. Over time as we get healthier, than what looks like a "low fat" diet may be more appropriate and essential for long term health.