Trying To Fix My Child's Digestive Issues

opson123

Apples, applesauce and apple juice are probably the most diarhhea/loose stool inducing foods for me. Just a small glass of juice in the morning is enough to poop pure liquid.

Of course this is just my experience, but since this is pretty common with apples, you've probably already tried without. Still wanted to share my experience, just in case.

OP
S

somuch4food

Apples, applesauce and apple juice are probably the most diarhhea/loose stool inducing foods for me. Just a small glass of juice in the morning is enough to poop pure liquid.

Of course this is just my experience, but since this is pretty common with apples, you've probably already tried without. Still wanted to share my experience, just in case.

Weird, I certainly do not react to apples that way. Do you have an answer as to why you get that reaction?

I mostly dropped apples for a few months since I seemed to crash after eating a raw apple. Since then, I've reintroduced them, but I try to eat them with other carbs to offset the reaction. I find apples calm/ground me and they seem to have the same effect on my toddler. I'm thinking it's the quercetin since that's why I reintroduced them in full force. I will have to talk about this with the GP to see if we can get an official diagnosis.

opson123

It's the pectin and/or fructose (more fructose than glucose). Sucrose is fine stool-wise as a calorie source, because the fructose is bound to glucose, but unbound fructose isn't, like in honey and pure fructose. Both are great foods in case I want a diarrhea. :D Since a small glass of aj gives me the runs, it's probably the pectin in this case.

Healthier people can of course handle more of anything. My gut is a mess though.

Last edited:
D

danishispsychic

try food grade Diatomaceous earth with coconut oil mixed into something hot like hot cocoa.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
S

somuch4food

lots of you tube and google on it.

That's why forums are dangerous places. Please provide general information with your recommendations. I won't be looking into this since I don't know what it does and it does sound potentially dangerous. I haven't heard only good stuff about ingesting diatomaceous earth. That's careless on your part.

D

danishispsychic

It is not my job to research it for you and you can do or not do whatever you want. I do not recommend anything that I do not know a lot about or have tried myself. You are welcome.

OP
S

somuch4food

It is not my job to research it for you and you can do or not do whatever you want. I do not recommend anything that I do not know a lot about or have tried myself. You are welcome.

Writing a quick sentence or 2 about the benefits of what you're recommending should not be too difficult since you know about it and would help anyone get a better grasp as to why you're actually recommending it.

D

danishispsychic

Hi somucn4food. The reason that I do not write a " few quick sentences " about anything that I recommend is that I feel that it is better for anyone to really do their research on what I recommend and decide for themselves.I do not recommend willy nilly. Not sure if you are new to the Forum but I am not and I have extensive knowledge of Dr. Peats work and many others. I feel that writing a " few sentences " about something is doing a disservice to anyone that really follows Dr Peats work ( and no, I do not follow ALL of his recommendations but most. ) I also try not to enable " learned helplessness" either as he talks about . People will do their own research when they are serious about fixing things. As you know from reading all of Dr Peats articles, Coconut Oil does a lot of things. It is anti microbial, acts as a sort of laxative, and is pro- thyroid. But since he talks about it so much , I am sure you know this. As far as DE is concerned, this is something that may NOT be Dr Peat approved, but for me , mixing Coconut oil with DE , really provides a lot of minerals, and for me , acts as kind of an antihistamine since I have those issues too.... and has a kind of a soothing clean out effect. If there is a parasite issue or microbial issue, these two together work beautifully. If you are " afraid " of DE, then I would suggest Charcoal ( Dr. Peat approved, many articles on it, I am sure you have seen them. ) which again, is very anti microbial, but constipating. Hence, mixing it with Coconut oil , because it works beautifully with it. AND>>>>>> Forums are only a " dangerous place " when you use them instead of learning on your own or if you are not familiar with the topic OF the forum. And in this case, that would be the work of Dr Peat. This forum has really some of the most knowledgeable and experienced people on it. Truly.

OP
S

somuch4food

Coconut Oil does a lot of things. It is anti microbial, acts as a sort of laxative, and is pro- thyroid. But since he talks about it so much , I am sure you know this. As far as DE is concerned, this is something that may NOT be Dr Peat approved, but for me , mixing Coconut oil with DE , really provides a lot of minerals, and for me , acts as kind of an antihistamine since I have those issues too.... and has a kind of a soothing clean out effect. If there is a parasite issue or microbial issue, these two together work beautifully. If you are " afraid " of DE, then I would suggest Charcoal

That's what I was looking for. I know about coconut oil, but I have just encountered DE a few times in my reading. What I really wanted to know is in what way it could help mentioning minerals and antihistamine effects provides me with a better ground for research.

I totally understand your arguments for not wanting to feed all the information to people and let them research, but your original post came across wrong for me though. I don't really like one liners without context since I'm thinking that person just threw the first thing that came to her mind without actually reflecting upon the OP's issues.

D

danishispsychic

That's what I was looking for. I know about coconut oil, but I have just encountered DE a few times in my reading. What I really wanted to know is in what way it could help mentioning minerals and antihistamine effects provides me with a better ground for research.

I totally understand your arguments for not wanting to feed all the information to people and let them research, but your original post came across wrong for me though. I don't really like one liners without context since I'm thinking that person just threw the first thing that came to her mind without actually reflecting upon the OP's issues.
you actually should have said " thank you" . :) peace.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals