Trying T3/T4 - Low Morning Temps And Good/high Pulse-temp After Eating

vulture

Hi all

I'm recently trying T3 25mcg (Cynomel) and T4 94 mcg (Eutirox). I'm dosing about 6 mcg of T3 with each meal (usually 4 a day), and T4 only in the morning. This is now 2 weeks long.

After breakfast my temp and pulse usually skyrockets to what Peat says is OK (37ºC and 8X pulse). I sometimes even get 90 ppm pulse and 37.2 and even 37.5 ºC (I feel fine).
But my morning temps are usually stuck at 36 ºC and my pulse about 63 to 68 ppm. Just a slight rise in pulse since 2 weeks (from 60-63 to 67-70 some readings).

I would like to know your insights on why despite such good reading along the day the morning temps could keep that low.
I'm thinking about liver glycogen and having some aspirin in the afternoon before dinner, and adding a lot of sugar (fruits or honey) in the dinner to get glycogen stores as high as possible before sleeping.

Another strange thing that I'm not sure if related to this whole new supplementation is that (strangely) I'm getting slight headaches in the afternoon, it's really strange for me to have a headache, and feels similar to headaches I get when I don't eat for too long. Also felt today really sleepy in the afternoon...and despite having a small meal, I got so hungry that I ended up eating a huge subway sandwitch and a coke, I was kinda desperate lol...

Thanks

OP
vulture

vulture

I guess it is as long as you need it.

BTW, I tried some extra salt at night and didn’t seem to increase temps at morning. Only time I seem to have better temps is when I woke up at night, drank (milk or similar) or ate something and back to bed. Seems like I might be running short on reserves in the middle of the night. I’m thinking about having at hand a shake just in case I wake up at night

sweetpeat

Your symptoms sound somewhat like I feel when my thyroid dose is too high.

It's been a couple of weeks now. Have you sorted it out?

OP
vulture

vulture

I’ve always had low morning temp and pulse.
Not figured what’s wrong so far. Just going to try eating in mid night to see if temps are higher in the morning

sweetpeat

Have you tried taking some or all of your t4 later in the day, say with evening meal? It could be you're running low on thyroid hormone during the night. I find I generally get better morning temps by taking some of my t4 in the evening. You may have to play around with dosage and timing. Too close to bedtime might affect sleep.

OP
vulture

vulture

Have you tried taking some or all of your t4 later in the day, say with evening meal? It could be you're running low on thyroid hormone during the night. I find I generally get better morning temps by taking some of my t4 in the evening. You may have to play around with dosage and timing. Too close to bedtime might affect sleep.
Sound interesting to try, but I thought T4 stayed stored for weeks...
I will have to try and see how it works in the night

sweetpeat

I'm not an endocrinologist, but from my reading and research the way I understand it is t4 does have a half life of a week or so as you said, but when you take a dose you are bringing up your levels a bit for a few hours then they slowly return to baseline over the course of the next 24 hours. So by taking t4 in the morning, you're reaching your lowest point in the pre-dawn hours of the next day. I would guess with the amounts of t3 and t4 you're taking that your TSH is pretty suppressed too, so there aren't enough reserves to keep your temps sustained through the night.