Trying Gabapentin Please Help

troubledtimes

I have bad anxiety and depression and I've read alot about GABA pentin helping alot of people big times. I'm aware thyroid and magnesium etc are crucial and I'm looking into that but what dose is anti anxiety for GABA pentin?? I tried 1000 MG's a day felt nothing. It's a well tolerated drug alot of doctors push the dose beyond 3600mgs which is usually the max but seeing how alot of people tolerate it well it's common for doctors to push dose upward to 4500mg. So what dose have you heard of working and does this drug take a week to feel relief ? Or should I feel the anxiety melt in a few hours??

dukesbobby777

Well if you haven’t got it through a Doctor you’re going to be judging those dosages yourself. I don’t think anyone here can medically advise you. But sounds like you’re doing your own research. I’ve not heard of many here taking it.

Frankdee20

It’s mechanism of action seems to not be through direct GABA agonism ... It is associated with discontinuation syndromes rivaling that of Benzos ... At least when I was looking into using it, that’s what past users reported.... It works through Leucine and BCAA channels, but ultimately lowers voltage gated networks, reducing the likelihood of seizures (but it is not a first line anticonvulsant) and mostly used for Nerve Pain.... Some use it adjunct for Bipolar disorder

Frankdee20

I think there’s better drugs for increasing GABA ....

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A New to ray peat, trying a lot of haidut and Ray’s recommendations but what am I missing? Metabolism 10
bluefish Tyromix adventure. (trying to raise temp and pulse, improve mental focus) Ask For Help or Advice 9
A Stomach growling whilst trying to sleep Male Issues 6
S David Martin - Doing some great work trying to expose what's really going on Vaccines 0
Razvan Serious problem. Trying to figure outdoor Ask For Help or Advice 3
IROM Trying To Formulate An Alternative To Bluelene Without MB Methylene Blue 1
A People Trying To Lose Weight Should Use Stearic Acid Ask For Help or Advice 29
SOMO Supplements/Medications You Regret Trying? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 113
V Digestive Issues, Trying To Understand Basic Aspects Digestion 1
Velve921 Trying To Oxidize Glucose After 6 Years Ask For Help or Advice 18
Elchapchapchapo Help Trying To Figure Out What I Am Battling Ask For Help or Advice 2
puella Trying To Understand Why Gd Toxic People Are Benefitting From Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
vulture Trying T3/T4 - Low Morning Temps And Good/high Pulse-temp After Eating Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 7
Light For People Trying To Change The Shape Of Their Face Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
frant26 Rejected Trying To Donate Blood Blood Work, Labs 1
ecstatichamster I'm Trying Separate Meals - Carbs Or Fat Not Both Diet 335
A The Most Important Things To Stop Eating While Trying To Fix Dysbiosis? Ask For Help or Advice 0
B Anxios,depressed,trying To Fix It Via Hormones Mental Issues 18
ecstatichamster Nootropics - Trying Different Ones Experiments 47
N Trying To Lose Some Weight Logs 8
Lokzo Stop Trying To Lower Cortisol Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 15
S Trying To Fix My Child's Digestive Issues Digestion 33
F Trying To Figure Out If Im Hyper Or Hypo Cortisol Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 64
B Trying To Recover The Emotion Of Wonder Mental Issues 20
debored13 First Time Trying T3, For Severe CFS. Did Not Help T3 23
E Lost My Way Trying To Cope With Heart Disease Need Help Badly Blood Work, Labs 90
G New Here. Issues I'm Trying To Address Diet 9
M Female, 43, Trying To Lose Weight After Stopping Anti-depressants Weight 4
Cirion Trying To Understand The Nuances Of Blood Sugar Regulation Blood Sugar 5
A Trying To Get Use To Low Serotonin States Ask For Help or Advice 2
T Ancestral Diets: Anyone Trying To Incorporate? Diet, Recipes 12
T Lost Trying Improving My Health Ask For Help or Advice 31
T Trying To Understand Peat's Views On Altitude And Metabolism Altitude, Weather 6
biggirlkisss Trying To Understand Serotonin Role And How Lowering It Benefits Health Ask For Help or Advice 3
L New Log Here: Trying To Get Ripped With Peat/Haidut Logs 61
biggirlkisss Gastrocrom Is It Worth Trying? Ask For Help or Advice 0
S New. Trying To Lose Weight, Temps Are Dropping Weight 9
M New To Peating - Cold Hands And Feet/ Trying To Lose Weight Diet 23
J How To Tell If Cortisol Is Low Or High? (interested In Trying Cyproheptadine) Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 4
yerrag Keloids - Trying To Understand Its Nature Skin 29
L Trying To Achieve And Maintain Supraphysiological Levels Of Androgens Log Logs 106
Fame Trying To Understand Something About Sugar Digestion 6
yerrag Help Me Figure Out How I Lost Weight Without Trying Metabolism 16
Herbie Australian Mob Trying To Put PUFA Into Lamb Articles & Scientific Studies 15
D Fatigue, Trying NDT Ask For Help or Advice 0
M Thinking About Trying Rhodiola Messtafarian 24
H new and trying Meet & Greet 3
P P_G Doesn't Know What She's Doing, But She Sure Is Trying! Logs 337
TheHound Losing weight but Im trying to gain Weight 32
D Bone Broth Won't Gel - Dump It & Keep Trying? Broth, Stocks 6