Try to write a bird

BingDing

Try to write a bird
Try to sketch a poem
You just never know
What'll get you home

--BingDing, 2010, on a birding trip to Cuba

Just a few weeks into really following Ray Peat's advice but it sure feels right, and it thinks and talks right. I appreciate the broad context of good health he talks about as much as anything, and totally agree with Peatarian about understanding why our health responds to so many factors. The music never stops, we might as well dance, eh?

I went to bed Wednesday night and the problems on my mind came boiling up, no way I could get to sleep. Is that cortisol? I got up and worked till 6 and only got 2 hours sleep. But I ate right yesterday and felt OK by midafternoon, and got a typical poor nights sleep. But this morning, once I got going, I felt clean and light and really good, and it lasted all day! Yowza.

Of course, it's 1:30 in the morning as I write this. The music never stops....

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have trouble shutting down at night, too. Have always been like this though. I have also been thinking a lot about this lately. I think it has to do with us constantly being on the alert, and always ready to go. Rachel posted something about this a couple of days ago. Basically our bodies are always in the flight or fight stress response, and that we are just stuck there, always on high alert.

J

j.

Charlie said:
I have trouble shutting down at night, too. Have always been like this though. I have also been thinking a lot about this lately. I think it has to do with us constantly being on the alert, and always ready to go. Rachel posted something about this a couple of days ago. Basically our bodies are always in the flight or fight stress response, and that we are just stuck there, always on high alert.

society sucks. or it's organized very badly.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
BingDing

BingDing

Charlie- Not sure if fight or flight, or constantly on alert, is it. That doesn't feel right. I can't tell the difference between adrenaline and cortisol. Maybe I'll learn.

j.- I don't buy that, society is a subset of life; no matter how bad we f*** up the H. sapiens part, the rest of life goes on. Just listened to Cosmic Realism in an Intelligent Universe, might have swayed my point of view. :!: