TRT Can Increase Men's Risk Of Stroke And Heart Attack

boxers

Date:
July 18, 2019
Source:
Elsevier
Summary:
Aging men with low testosterone levels who take testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) are at a slightly greater risk of experiencing an ischemic stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA), or myocardial infarction, especially during the first two years of use, reports a new study. The findings confirm concerns voiced by many health agencies about the potential risks associated with the treatment.”

Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) can increase men's risk of stroke and heart attack

shine

It does thicken your blood though, does it not? I think if you take some aspirin every once in a while you can minimize those risks.

Aaron

If you try to increase your testosterone significantly by any exogenous means, you run the risk of high aromatization into estrogen, which would clearly be a risk factor for stroke. I would bet anything there's a correlation between strokes on TRT and gynecomastia growth on TRT, and also between larger doses of T and stroke. That's why TRT is not such a great idea for men whose health is already on the decline, where the low T is a symptom of many other issues. The AI's are also not healthy.

Haidut said in Danny's podcast that the kind of testosterone that people are usually prescribed is testosterone esters, and he also said that he knows poeple who report the same effects from daily 15 mg dosages dissolved in tocopherols as they reported from 100mg of testosterone per day in the form of esters .

Indeed, high amounts of testosterone can be transformed upstream to androstenedione, which tends to aromatize into estrogen, which, as Peat has discussed, increases a lot the chance of bloodclots. Vitamin E could help if one decides to supplement with testosterone, since it's anti-estrogenic. As a person gets older, more estrogen tends to be produced, so giving test to people who eat a lot of PUFA is a recipe for disaster, as far as I can see.

the dosages are too high in TRT and I believe that it does cause CV events and thrombosis. It is dangerous.

There are enough studies on this.

CLASH

If the body isnt producing T, i would guess that there is an underlying cause and the low T is most likely a protective mechanism. Loading up on T when you are low, seems to me, to be a recipe for aromatization. Considering estrogens role in clotting and heart disease I’d guess the aromatization is a major underlying mechanism.

I dont think the pharma AI’s are a good answer to the aromitization tho...

nbznj

Low T is quite often the result of xenoestrogens and/or low SHBG and metabolic syndrome.

Fewer cases where it’s free T that is low alongside estradiol, where SHBG can be way too high. Pretty common in lifting circles, guys are insanely overtrained and stressed out.

Administering T in any of those contexts is another case of medicine trying to get short term results whilst brushing off long term issues. Unfortunately fixing diet and lifestyle without any supplements isn’t good for any industry or coach.

If drugs were to be trialed, the doc must take a look at LH&FSH, prolactin, acth, Cortisol, vitamin D, PTH, Free T, full thyroid and iron panel, CBC CMP the list goes on... and then try a clomid or an HCG stimulation test month.

OP
B

boxers

Low T is quite often the result of xenoestrogens and/or low SHBG and metabolic syndrome.

Fewer cases where it’s free T that is low alongside estradiol, where SHBG can be way too high. Pretty common in lifting circles, guys are insanely overtrained and stressed out.

Administering T in any of those contexts is another case of medicine trying to get short term results whilst brushing off long term issues. Unfortunately fixing diet and lifestyle without any supplements isn’t good for any industry or coach.

If drugs were to be trialed, the doc must take a look at LH&FSH, prolactin, acth, Cortisol, vitamin D, PTH, Free T, full thyroid and iron panel, CBC CMP the list goes on... and then try a clomid or an HCG stimulation test month.

True, I always had low testosterone and doing peat never fixed it. What do you suggest then?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals