Trouble going off vitamin C

Jennifer

Thanks Jennifer :) I always admired your ability to come up with a good diet and then stick to it. When I'm stressed or not sleeping well I could eat garbage and not care other than when my health tanks because of it. So here was my day of eating yesterday:
View attachment 29478
View attachment 29479

I struggle with protein at lunch. We have been fairly good about making dinners for the boys so that hasn't been an issue, but lunch has always been. I just don't like cooking three meals a day. I think I need to go back to eating gouda cheese just wasn't sure if it was benefiting me, @Amazoniac kept talking about how cheese basically gets rid of most of the good things about milk so I think now I have a negative view on it. I don't tolerate milk at all other than in the ice cream. I always get anxiety from it, I tried raw milk maybe 5 months ago because now I have access to it in a store down the road from me and I just didn't like how I felt at all after a week or so.

I feel like lucky I don't really have any symptoms from any starch other than cooked and cooled potatoes and beans. Resistant starches seem to cause serotonin symptoms. Bread or pasta just makes me feel relaxed probably form the opiate like effects or higher blood sugar. I want to start making my own bread again, just need to get a lot of my daily stresses taken care of.

You’re welcome, Janelle. And thank you. :) Sure, milk has some of its nutrients removed when it’s made into cheese, but then some are concentrated and made during the refining and fermenting process like casein and K2, and then there’s the salt that is typically added, which helps lower adrenaline, so I think it’s an excellent and versatile source of protein if you tolerate it. I don’t like cooking three meals a day either so when making my other meals, I used to double or triple the recipe so I had extra to freeze and have the following days. Since you tolerate starch, things like grilled cheese, baked mac n’ cheese, casseroles, ravioli, quiche, pot pies, even breakfast sandwiches (croissants, buttermilk biscuits or English muffins stuffed with eggs, cheese, meat etc.) freeze well. You had a good variety of foods yesterday. I noticed your systolic BP is on the low side—has it always been low? Mine used to be chronically low until I started using Dr. Morse’s adrenal and thyroid herbal formulas and now the NDT.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

You’re welcome, Janelle. And thank you. :) Sure, milk has some of its nutrients removed when it’s made into cheese, but then some are concentrated and made during the refining and fermenting process like casein and K2, and then there’s the salt that is typically added, which helps lower adrenaline, so I think it’s an excellent and versatile source of protein if you tolerate it. I don’t like cooking three meals a day either so when making my other meals, I used to double or triple the recipe so I had extra to freeze and have the following days. Since you tolerate starch, things like grilled cheese, baked mac n’ cheese, casseroles, ravioli, quiche, pot pies, even breakfast sandwiches (croissants, buttermilk biscuits or English muffins stuffed with eggs, cheese, meat etc.) freeze well. You had a good variety of foods yesterday. I noticed your systolic BP is on the low side—has it always been low? Mine used to be chronically low until I started using Dr. Morse’s adrenal and thyroid herbal formulas and now the NDT.
Yes all of that sounds delicious! I was eating grilled cheese every morning as my breakfast but felt like it wasn't giving me enough energy. The eggs seem to really help.

Yeah so my BP was really low that day, I think it was the epsom salt bath I took a couple nights before that. The day after I saw the lowest I've ever seen 84! Today it is back up over 100, but never making it to 120. I remember when we chatted yrs ago you mentioned the herbal formulas. What is your BP on the NDT? I wish I could just do the NDT and not have to worry about whether my thyroid is okay or not. I'm still afraid of what happened to me before with the high pulse. My pulse is finally very normal, and I still have okay temps so I'm just not quite ready to replace the thyroid hormones.

Amazoniac

I think I need to go back to eating gouda cheese just wasn't sure if it was benefiting me, @Amazoniac kept talking about how cheese basically gets rid of most of the good things about milk so I think now I have a negative view on it.
Model, it wasn't meant to shy people away form junk food, just for the awareness of what's lost and has to be compensated. If you're trying to wean off ascourgic acid and it's not used as a fiber surrogate, I think that the low cysteine content of cheese can be an obstacle in the process because you'll increase reliance on recycling.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Model, it wasn't meant to shy people away form junk food, just for the awareness of what's lost and has to be compensated. If you're trying to wean off ascourgic acid and it's not used as a fiber surrogate, I think that the low cysteine content of cheese can be an obstacle in the process because you'll increase reliance on recycling.
Why the low cysteine content?
Well you definitely did get me thinking particularly about the b vitamins. Even though it's still taking me yrs to get my butt in gear on actually doing something about the low b vitamin status I've had.

Amazoniac

Why the low cysteine content?
Well you definitely did get me thinking particularly about the b vitamins. Even though it's still taking me yrs to get my butt in gear on actually doing something about the low b vitamin status I've had.
Most of it is found in whey. For some reason, the strained yogurts that I looked at had it conserved.

Jennifer

Yes all of that sounds delicious! I was eating grilled cheese every morning as my breakfast but felt like it wasn't giving me enough energy. The eggs seem to really help.

Yeah so my BP was really low that day, I think it was the epsom salt bath I took a couple nights before that. The day after I saw the lowest I've ever seen 84! Today it is back up over 100, but never making it to 120. I remember when we chatted yrs ago you mentioned the herbal formulas. What is your BP on the NDT? I wish I could just do the NDT and not have to worry about whether my thyroid is okay or not. I'm still afraid of what happened to me before with the high pulse. My pulse is finally very normal, and I still have okay temps so I'm just not quite ready to replace the thyroid hormones.

Ooh...yeah, that's low. Mine would drop to around 80/50 right before I was about to pass out. On NDT it averages 120/70. For how long were you on thyroid? Do you know what your cholesterol level was while you were taking it?

Model, it wasn't meant to shy people away form junk food, just for the awareness of what's lost and has to be compensated.

You believe cheese is a junk food?

Last edited:

YourUniverse

I share your problem, vitamin C is the single most life changing thing to me. Even plain ascorbic acid, not with orange juice. Ive noticed this for over 10 years, and only recently have I tried to rationalize why. Paul Chek says pain causes a person to use up to 20x as much vitamin C as "normal", and I also wonder if its related to a greater than average metal burden. In any event, is it a problem to keep this up? If clearly therapeutic I dont see much of a downside.

YourUniverse

There's no need to reply, are your thoughts generally negative? I wonder if vasoconstriction causes negative thinking, or more likely negative thinking causing constriction, and things that dilate (vitamin C) can relieve this burden. I'm a fairly negative thinker.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

I share your problem, vitamin C is the single most life changing thing to me. Even plain ascorbic acid, not with orange juice. Ive noticed this for over 10 years, and only recently have I tried to rationalize why. Paul Chek says pain causes a person to use up to 20x as much vitamin C as "normal", and I also wonder if its related to a greater than average metal burden. In any event, is it a problem to keep this up? If clearly therapeutic I dont see much of a downside.
That's awesome, I've seen so many testimonials on it just like this. I just get so freaked out about excessive dosing of anything. That whole appeal to nature fallacy thing that we shouldn't need large amounts of something for some kind of drug like effect. But I think I'm going to go back on it haha.

Yes I do tend to be negative which absolutely causes constriction of which I'm experiencing a lot right now though not enough to raise my BP.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Ooh...yeah, that's low. Mine would drop to around 80/50 right before I was about to pass out. On NDT it averages 120/70. For how long were you on thyroid? Do you know what your cholesterol level was while you were taking it?

You believe cheese is a junk food?
It was 211 while on it. And it still is except LDL is higher now which makes actual tissue cholesterol pretty high.

unsubscribed

maybe because it helps keep blood sugar stable because it is very similar to glucose. I felt this way when taking vit c on empty

the liver has to depend on uninterrupted energy to continually produce t3 from t4

no carbs with it? that will happen to me as well

maybe were different, but maybe not. i find my allergy totally gone with good blood sugar control and with good acid base balance. when im acidic , cracks come out from the wood work.

like right now with me struggling with acidity my throat is always itchy and wanting to cough with every breath.

but i could be different also as i pay little attention to histamine. like in rays recent newsletter he says its all metabolic though he's said it before. histamine is not the main driver but a slave to a higher level metabolic dysfunction
Hey Yerrag,

How do you combat the acidity? What does your diet/types of food look like when trying to rectify this issue?

Thanks

yerrag

It"s producing less acids from metabolism - relying on oxphos except for some body processes that require glycolysis. Then minimizing supps that are huge acid loads. And avoiding internal bacterial infection, where immune system uses acids to kill bacteria.

On food, you can't avoid meat, even though acidic, as its nutritive value trumps its acidic properties, so you have to also have fruits that are alkaline to balance it out. That's the general idea.

Last edited:

unsubscribed

It"s producing less acids from metabolism - relying on oxphos except for some body processes that require glycolysis. Then minimizing supps that are huge acid loads. And avoiding internal bacterial infection, where immune system uses acids to kill bacteria.
On food, you can't avoid meat, even though acidic, as its nutritive value trumps its acidic properties, so you have to also have fruits that are alkaline to balance it out. That's the general idea.
Thanks mate.

I’m assuming milk would fit the bill should one tolerate it?

yerrag

Yes

unsubscribed

thanks yerrag, I’ve been reading some of your comments about this acid balance topic and find I learn a lot.
I too have a pesky throat issue after years of trying so many different things, my latest adventure is to head down the route you speak so intelligently about.

Thanks

yerrag

thanks yerrag, I’ve been reading some of your comments about this acid balance topic and find I learn a lot.
I too have a pesky throat issue after years of trying so many different things, my latest adventure is to head down the route you speak so intelligently about.

Thanks
I'm glad. When you put general biochemical principles to good use,. it becomes very simple to stay healthy. Who needs health insurance and expensive medical scans and ICU suites? Who needs to live in cities to. be near "top tier" killer hospitals?

Jennifer

It was 211 while on it. And it still is except LDL is higher now which makes actual tissue cholesterol pretty high.

Ah, okay. That makes sense. With the high pulse, did you also experience higher temps that were reduced by things like milk, juice, salt and/or aspirin? Has your rash/skin issue resolved since high dosing vitamin C?

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Ah, okay. That makes sense. With the high pulse, did you also experience higher temps that were reduced by things like milk, juice, salt and/or aspirin? Has your rash/skin issue resolved since high dosing vitamin C?
My temps and pulse stayed high for yrs I was on 1 grain of thyroid without any labs or tracking for 1.5 yrs. It was a huge huge huge mistake and I wish I could take it back. By the time I went off the thyroid I was so thin and so stressed and not sleeping with a baby who was also stressed (and at 9 yrs old being diagnosed with ADHD). Honestly there were times I didn't know if I was going to make it. I'd have to get up and take care of my baby after being up every two hrs with adrenaline and feeling like my heart would just stop or I'd collapse.. and I still didn't get any help! And it's had lasting effects still to this day. I don't have near the stress tolerance I had before all that happened. But I have come a long way.

I think one long term chronic condition from that is the skin condition which I think is psoriasis,there's just no way it could be fungal with everything I've tried for it, I've even tried bleach baths I was so desperate for a cure. Right now I'm putting an herbal salve (calendula, comfrey, plantain, licorice) on and it's still the same. Cycling between dry flaky, to raw and itchy. The only time it ever got better was when I was taking retinol palmitate and using a UVB lamp, but then it came back even worse within a week. I haven't eaten liver or used vitamin A since 2018 and nothing much is different. I wish it was the cure, I even tried eliminating dairy for a month but didn't see any difference at all other than maybe higher appetite for other foods. The only thing I haven't tried is maybe a course of low dose steroids to prevent me from scratching it and hope it heals and doesn't come back worse (not much hope in that).

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals