Tribulus Increases DHT Levels

Mauritio

a word about cycling tribulus ? is it needed ?

Frankdee20

From what I understand, real Tribulus and the standardized contents basically signal Luetenizing Hormone, which signals the testes to make T.... It may also just work like DHEA via a phyto plant steroid.

Experienced

From what I understand, real Tribulus and the standardized contents basically signal Luetenizing Hormone, which signals the testes to make T.... It may also just work like DHEA via a phyto plant steroid.
I'm just interested if there is any clinical studies with a known supplement. Like VemoHerb for example.

Experienced

People be careful with supplementing tribulus

However, other studies suggest that tribulus may damage the liver and kidneys. In one study, Tribulus damaged the kidneys of rats. Goats that were fed high-dose tribulus experienced damaged liver and kidneys, while sheep fed 80% tribulus and 20% hay and wheat were left with similar damage (and increased liver enzymes) [35, 36, 37].

The most serious recorded case is of a man who drank 2 L of tribulus water had dangerously high AST and ALT levels. His kidneys started to suffer and he experienced seizures. The symptoms improved once he stopped taking tribulus. The exact dosage he was taking remains unknown. In another study, 750 mg/day of tribulus only mildly raised the liver enzyme AST (by 5%) [38, 23].

People who have liver or kidney damage are advised to stay away from tribulus supplements and carefully monitor liver enzymes and other markers of liver and kidney health.

Experienced

Liver and Kidney Health Concerns
On the one hand, some studies point to the liver- and kidney-protective benefits of tribulus. In mice, it lowered levels of a marker of liver damage (the enzyme ALT), reduced oxidative stress, and increased levels of the antioxidant glutathione in the liver, and protected the liver and kidneys from damage due to toxic substances [31, 32, 33, 34].

The compounds tribulusamides (A, B, and D) and quercetin isolated from tribulus fruit are also being studied for their potentially protective effects in liver cells [15, 12].

Vinny

Liver and Kidney Health Concerns
On the one hand, some studies point to the liver- and kidney-protective benefits of tribulus. In mice, it lowered levels of a marker of liver damage (the enzyme ALT), reduced oxidative stress, and increased levels of the antioxidant glutathione in the liver, and protected the liver and kidneys from damage due to toxic substances [31, 32, 33, 34].

The compounds tribulusamides (A, B, and D) and quercetin isolated from tribulus fruit are also being studied for their potentially protective effects in liver cells [15, 12].
Go figure...

Vinny

Explorer

Been taking 2 capsules of 2.4g per day total, 45% saponins in each 1.2g capsule, noticing slightly more beard growth and new body hairs appearing on stomach and chest and some beard hairs getting darker and I am gaining more muscle weight since taking it alongside with ADEK, Zinc Picolinate, doing OHPs and weightlifting in the general, especially in my pecs/back/chest/shoulder/arms area there are more muscles

In last 6 months I went up from 63kg to 73kg since drinking 2-3 liters of raw milk each day

rei

that's a high dose. I cannot believe it would be recommended by manufacturer, so maybe ease off a bit? I have similar 45% saponin extract and it says 500-1500mg daily.

I usually take 1-2x~600mg daily and it has definitive effect, most notable one is always waking up with a tent.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals