Tretinoin-Is It Safe?

blueorca

Hello. I want to know the communities views of the vitamin a derivative tretinoin. Some people claim it causes cancer and autoimmune diseases, yet I can't find a solid study proving it. Maybe im not looking hard enough but the only thing I found was that when used in sunlight it causes a bunch of problems. Can someone send me studies proving its unsafe?

tankasnowgod

Hello. I want to know the communities views of the vitamin a derivative tretinoin. Some people claim it causes cancer and autoimmune diseases, yet I can't find a solid study proving it. Maybe im not looking hard enough but the only thing I found was that when used in sunlight it causes a bunch of problems. Can someone send me studies proving its unsafe?

No drug is truly "safe," they all can be misused and/or have side effects. This is even true for aspirin, which does tend to be one of the most useful and safe drugs there is.

I don't think you will find studies proving it's unsafe, as that is not what drug studies are designed to do. Many drug dangers are discovered after the study period, because patients will often use drugs for longer than the original studies lasted. Thalidomide was pulled from the market because of the effects noticed after it was brought to market, for example. There was no study that proved it unsafe.

Personally, I would avoid it, based on the anecdotal reported side effects I've heard.

OP
B

blueorca

No drug is truly "safe," they all can be misused and/or have side effects. This is even true for aspirin, which does tend to be one of the most useful and safe drugs there is.

I don't think you will find studies proving it's unsafe, as that is not what drug studies are designed to do. Many drug dangers are discovered after the study period, because patients will often use drugs for longer than the original studies lasted. Thalidomide was pulled from the market because of the effects noticed after it was brought to market, for example. There was no study that proved it unsafe.

Personally, I would avoid it, based on the anecdotal reported side effects I've heard.
Interesting. Thank you

3x10mg zinc as zinc l-optizinc from jarrows,i used that,had added copper on top,And Retinol(True Vitamin A),
10000 IU per day for a couple of month as a combo.