Tremor capitas

Judd Crane

Hi

I have a relative who's suffering from tremor capitas (tremors stemming from the head) and pressure inside of her head. Any suggestions for what could be tried in a situation like this? Cypro and aspirin have been tried without results.

Last edited:

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Has she tried B vitamins, as in B1, B6, B12? Also as Elize mentioned, have structural causes been ruled out? Nerves can also swell in hypothyroid states, causing all kinds of neuro-motor symptoms.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi

I have a relative who's suffering from tremor capitas (tremors stemming from the head) and pressure inside of her head. Any suggestions for what could be tried in a situation like this? Cypro and aspirin have been tried without results.

If things like infection and trauma are ruled out then it is commonly linked to elevated serotonin. As such, anti-serotonin chemicals like Benadryl, cypro, famotidine, etc may help and if the issue stems from the gut then charcoal may also help.

Rafe

I have a head tremor. I’ve had it from when it began as just a fluttering sensation in my 30s. It got much worse on HFLC, in my 50s, which is what initially got me to start reading RP & experimenting.

I don’t want diagnostic testing, a name assigned to it, or sedatives or dopamine drugs or anti-psychotics, or whatever is pharmaceutically profitable now. So I haven’t seen a doctor about it.

After it became noticeable to other people after 18 mo on HFLC I tried all the usual things over-calorizing, lots of minerals, lots of sources of sugar to lower physiological stress, T3 & T4, lowering serotonin (cyproheptadine, metergolide, lisuride, & tianeptine & then LDN to recover from that)
regular walking in the woods & sun.

I haven’t found anything that stopped it & it does get somewhat worse in the early spring. But I find that RP is right about bowel regularity, serotonin, & “rhythmic” irritability movements in the body: any irritation of the bowel makes it worse. But also, I haven’t changed a situation that needs changing (job change) that contributes to stress, which does make it worse. I have noticed some perceptual changes that might be related, but I’m still experimenting with these.

It most probably is caused by exposure to environmental toxins. I’m a child of the 60s when DDT trucks drove through the neighborhoods fogging for mosquitoes, gasoline had lead in it, & the gov was doing (somewhat) covert radiation testing. We swam in ditches when it rained, drank out of the garden hose, the Russians were going to evaporate us with ICBMs, I got the MMR vaccine after I had the measles & went on to get mumps. On the plus side there was less PUFA in food & I got mostly aspirin in coke when I was sick.

Good news: keeping stress rock bottom (a challenge) taking a lot of milk, taking cascara periodically, enough salt, enough potassium as oj, magnesium, some regular meals, good fruit when I find it, & cutting my screen time do make it less disruptive.

It’s no fun to have it. But getting enough rest, enough nutritional support, trying to see the world as it is & not how the media portrays it, & getting outdoors in nature are all good. Taking a general RP approach I believe has helped me even if it hasn’t cured it.

Rafe

Tiny doses of acetazolamide seemed to improve it for about 9 mos for me. In the research on head tremor it is noted that acetazolamide is reported to lessen it for some people, but no research bears this out. It no longer works that well for me probably b/c I don’t need it unless I’ve been blowing off a lot of co2 (teaching all day or coughing, for ex).

shepherdgirl

I have a head tremor. I’ve had it from when it began as just a fluttering sensation in my 30s. It got much worse on HFLC, in my 50s, which is what initially got me to start reading RP & experimenting.

I don’t want diagnostic testing, a name assigned to it, or sedatives or dopamine drugs or anti-psychotics, or whatever is pharmaceutically profitable now. So I haven’t seen a doctor about it.

After it became noticeable to other people after 18 mo on HFLC I tried all the usual things over-calorizing, lots of minerals, lots of sources of sugar to lower physiological stress, T3 & T4, lowering serotonin (cyproheptadine, metergolide, lisuride, & tianeptine & then LDN to recover from that)
regular walking in the woods & sun.

I haven’t found anything that stopped it & it does get somewhat worse in the early spring. But I find that RP is right about bowel regularity, serotonin, & “rhythmic” irritability movements in the body: any irritation of the bowel makes it worse. But also, I haven’t changed a situation that needs changing (job change) that contributes to stress, which does make it worse. I have noticed some perceptual changes that might be related, but I’m still experimenting with these.

It most probably is caused by exposure to environmental toxins. I’m a child of the 60s when DDT trucks drove through the neighborhoods fogging for mosquitoes, gasoline had lead in it, & the gov was doing (somewhat) covert radiation testing. We swam in ditches when it rained, drank out of the garden hose, the Russians were going to evaporate us with ICBMs, I got the MMR vaccine after I had the measles & went on to get mumps. On the plus side there was less PUFA in food & I got mostly aspirin in coke when I was sick.

Good news: keeping stress rock bottom (a challenge) taking a lot of milk, taking cascara periodically, enough salt, enough potassium as oj, magnesium, some regular meals, good fruit when I find it, & cutting my screen time do make it less disruptive.

It’s no fun to have it. But getting enough rest, enough nutritional support, trying to see the world as it is & not how the media portrays it, & getting outdoors in nature are all good. Taking a general RP approach I believe has helped me even if it hasn’t cured it.
Hi @Rafe,
I hope you have gotten rid of your tremor for good.
Just a thought, since I am seeing things through a Vitamin D/Coimbra Protocol lens these days - you mentioned that the tremors were worse in the early spring. I don't know what climate you live in, but in my case, in winter there is very little UVB, so the early spring is probably when my D levels are the lowest. Not saying that's necessarily relevant to you but just one of many possibilities.

According to @Hans in:
Cyproheptadine And Vitamin D Seem To Go Very Well Together

"Vit D increases tryptophan hydroxylase in the brain which could drive up serotonin and cause issues if serotonin is already high. So using the cypro to block serotonin could also be a likely explanation to why you can now tolerate vit D."

Then he says a few posts down:
"Vitamin D is pro-metabolic and would increase CO2 which would then keep serotonin in check."

Since @haidut has mentioned (above) that tremors could possibly be related to serotonin, perhaps there might be some relationship with D levels.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It most probably is caused by exposure to environmental toxins.
That's exactly what it is. And those suggesting taking toxic vitamin D is not the answer. The low toxin and low "vitamin A" diet fixes this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals