Treatments for red/sun damaged skin

Mitch97

I had really bad sun damage a while ago and the redness is still present on certain parts of my face to this day. I'm going to start using topical niacinamide but was wondering if there were any other topical or internal methods and treatments that anyone could recommend for me to use? Thanks in advance and much appreciated. -Mitch

LadyRae

If you can sit under a red light for a while that will help greatly with inflammation. Otherwise, aloe vera, and snail mucin, (Cosrx), will help. You can also dissolve an aspirin or two in a little bit of water and put that on your face

ThinPicking

I had really bad sun damage a while ago and the redness is still present on certain parts of my face to this day. I'm going to start using topical niacinamide but was wondering if there were any other topical or internal methods and treatments that anyone could recommend for me to use? Thanks in advance and much appreciated. -Mitch
Mix a HQ water based moisturiser and ascorbic acid powder.

The amounts matter but it's hard to pin down, like 2 fingers of moisturiser to a tiny pinch of ascorbic acid powder. Better to have some pH strips so you can target for the specific pH described here.

Assuming the pH is right you'll literally feel the absorption, your skin will turn red and then fade to baseline over an hour or so. Rinse and repeat.

If you want to top it off you can alternate between that and coconut oil mixed with a HQ vitamin E supplement.

Peatful

Aspirin.
Absolutely aspirin.

Peatful