charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
That’s so interesting. Inositol can lower Adrenalin if I’m not mistaken.
In the Ortho Molecular circles Inositol is the "go to" for OCD.

This study was done in Israel.

"Ministry of Health Mental Health Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheva, Israel."

Terma

Heh I tried that :) but I felt off after awhile and it affected memory which was already bad. Honestly didn't hold a candle to the stuff I found. 18g inositol always seemed excessive to me, much like people do 30mg methylfolate (iirc Deplin is 7.5mg/dose? [corrected]), seems a bit much

Last edited:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Heh I tried that :) but I felt off after awhile and it affected memory which was already bad. Honestly didn't hold a candle to the stuff I found. 18g inositol always seemed excessive to me, much like people do 30mg methylfolate (iirc Deplin is 7.5mg/dose? [corrected]), seems a bit much
I do not think that much is needed either. Less is more.

Terma

Yeah or often if you need that high a dose of an adjunct it means monotheraphy [not the best word, still true if 2-3 drugs] is not really the answer for you and it's just compensating for something else missing (but some people with OCD should gladly take that over having nothing... it's just not ideal)

Last edited:

Terma

I use methylfolate as example since it generates NADPH and that can produce beneficial effects - or it could lower homocysteine - but then you have a shitton of extra folate going down the other pathways (and you'll get problems if you run out of B12)

Inositol acts a little different but still relatable.

erho

I’ve heard people experiencing SSRI-like symptoms after a while on Myo-inositol. In another thread regarding inositol someone mentioned several Peat-friendly fruits being high in Inositol (like citrus fruits and melon), so that’s promising in general for people who want to experiment.

According to Chris Masterjohn taking very high doses of methylfolate is not very advisable, as it increases methyldonors by such an absurdly high amount. Instead he recommends other methods for controlling methylation, which do also help OCD.

Ptolemy

I’ve heard people experiencing SSRI-like symptoms after a while on Myo-inositol.

What were the symptoms that these people experienced? I have OCD and I'm interested in inositol.

erho

What were the symptoms that these people experienced? I have OCD and I'm interested in inositol.

I’m in the same boat.

I don’t remember the post, but someone on this forum said it so you can search for it. I’ve never taken SSRI’s so I couldnt say much about that.

If you want some advice, I would recommend consdering being careful with methyl donors like methylfolate. Its a very careful balance, and I find I can overmethylate dopamine quite easily by supplying too many methyl donors, resulting in adverse effects like high adrenaline.

Terma

If you want some advice, I would recommend consdering being careful with methyl donors like methylfolate. Its a very careful balance, and I find I can overmethylate dopamine quite easily by supplying too many methyl donors, resulting in adverse effects like high adrenaline.
Yes that's true in that they can increase epinephrine (I interpreted this as an emergency "wake up" or morning signal). But not even knowing the behavior of PNMT, you can simply use it as part of a protocol that lowers norepinephrine release (e.g. CB1 and other receptor agonists).

erho

Yes that's true in that they can increase epinephrine (I interpreted this as an emergency "wake up" or morning signal). But not even knowing the behavior of PNMT, you can simply use it as part of a protocol that lowers norepinephrine release (e.g. CB1 and other receptor agonists).

Following Chris Masterjohn’s advice I’ve been taking 2.5 grams of creatine and 250mg of TMG along with the daily choline I get from skim milk. My symptoms of OCD have reduced and have experienced very high dopamine, my sense of smell is back to normal(or stronger) and I feel quite motivated. But I have had bouts of high adrenaline, along with most likely reduced levels of GABA, resulting in a little worse sleep. I’m thinking its still adapting and regulating.

I don’t want to go too off-topic, but I think methylation and its close relationship to the regulation of the neurotransmitters is important to understand. Especially in relation to mental disorders.

Last edited:

Frankdee20

I’ve heard people experiencing SSRI-like symptoms after a while on Myo-inositol. In another thread regarding inositol someone mentioned several Peat-friendly fruits being high in Inositol (like citrus fruits and melon), so that’s promising in general for people who want to experiment.

According to Chris Masterjohn taking very high doses of methylfolate is not very advisable, as it increases methyldonors by such an absurdly high amount. Instead he recommends other methods for controlling methylation, which do also help OCD.
What is a high amount of activated Folate ? I get about 400-600 mcg from my B Complex, which of course has activated B12. Should one get enough Niacin or Niacinamide then ?

Frankdee20

Regarding Inositol, I experimented with this substance twice, for very brief periods. Even doses of 1-2 grams for me caused paradoxical anxiety not unlike the type I got from a bad reaction to an SSRI many years ago. It quickly went away after I stopped using it, and it happened on both occasions. I tried it because of bad information from quacks like Dr. Eric Braverman - who seems to assert that it increases GABA signaling. The only mention of Inositol linked to anything in the brain happens to be the dreaded 5ht2A receptor, and Dopamine type 2 receptors. It is unclear just how Inositol effects Serotonin, but it is believed to desensitize those from SSRI use.

Terma

Following Chris Masterjohn’s advice I’ve been taking 2.5 grams of creatine and 250mg of TMG along with the daily choline I get from skim milk. My symptoms of OCD have reduced and have experienced very high dopamine, my sense of smell is back to normal(or stronger) and I feel quite motivated. But I have had bouts of high adrenaline, along with most likely reduced levels of GABA, resulting in a little worse sleep. I’m thinking its still adapting and regulating.

I don’t want to go too off-topic, but I think methylation and its close relationship to the regulation of the neurotransmitters is important to understand. Especially in relation to mental disorders.
250mg TMG is low, I've taken several grams. But TMG is especially geared to hit the liver whereas methylfolate hits the brain fast, so you probably have different things happening. I wrote most of my ideas on how to handle these things in the quantum consciousness and other threads, and yes GABA modulation is definitely one of them (along with understanding methylation).

Treatment with Mefolinate (5-Methyltetrahydrofolate), but Not Folic Acid or Folinic Acid, Leads to Measurable 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate in Cerebrospinal Fluid in Methylenetetrahydrofolate Reductase Deficiency

Last edited:

erho

250mg TMG is low, I've taken several grams. But TMG is especially geared to hit the liver whereas methylfolate hits the brain fast, so you probably have different things happening. I wrote most of my ideas on how to handle these things in the quantum consciousness and other threads, and yes GABA modulation is definitely one of them (along with understanding methylation).

Treatment with Mefolinate (5-Methyltetrahydrofolate), but Not Folic Acid or Folinic Acid, Leads to Measurable 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate in Cerebrospinal Fluid in Methylenetetrahydrofolate Reductase Deficiency

I actually reduced my dose of TMG after the forementioned adverse effects. High adrenaline really isnt fun. I’m being careful as I am not sure I have any of the SNP mutations like MTHFR, since I havent done genetic testing.
I have moderately high homocysteine (12) and low folate (5) along with mental issues, so I’m slowly trying to adjust the methylation.

I’ll try to find your posts in that thread, thank you.

Terma

Sure, I haven't written everything explicitly though, but you can figure out options from stuff I listed. (The steroids and methylfolate are definitely very cool - and some like magnesium are very essential - but it's hard to deny the importance of cannabinoids)

Anyway that's believable because PNMT has a pretty wide distribution (I didn't spent a lot of time on this one):
Nonadrenal epinephrine-forming enzymes in humans. Characteristics, distribution, regulation, and relationship to epinephrine levels.
and some formed SAMe will make it to the brain.

Terma

Ok I realize a lot of the stuff I wrote doesn't directly mention methylation, but just as quick rundown cause somebody asked, all these things among them affect it significantly:

Serine + B6 (transsulfuration pathway and SHMT) - in that thread I suspect this helps the methylfolate work like magic - but we'll see in time
B2 (R5P - remember needs thyroid)
Methylcobalamin (B12)
Phosphatidylcholine synthesis through the Kennedy pathway with choline and uridine (see other threads by Amazoniac and paymanz you can find in my post history; here you want to avoid PEMT-based phosphatidylcholine synthesis that generates homocysteine and promote Kennedy instead); this probably involves limiting estrogen; I don't use milk for this but ymmv and Amazoniac made some decent points for it - but not sure what it really does to hormones
Everything needs magnesium
Creatine supplementation was a good idea

Hormones affect it directly or indirectly by emphasizing certain parts of the methylation cycle, including: cortisol, thyroid, retinoic acid, etc. The downstream hormones probably do indirectly by modifying these and other effects I'm/we're not aware of.

Note though: some of these things overlap with kynurenine pathway cofactors so you will affect that too. Good effects from B6 can mean anything.

Cannabinoids, apart from revealing the face of god, are something you could take in low/moderate dose at bedtime with a GABA agonist (GABAA/B, low-dose progesterone can work too), a little glycine, enough protein at dinner (or whey if you can't absorb well), and some methylation supplements to allow the methylation to create methylhistamine (rather than methylating norepinephrine) and do the rest of its work. I will have to look at PNMT/NMT more in detail at some point to figure out how to get around it more reliably, because I know from the pheonixrising forums a lot of people complained about overmethylation.

So you can probably do better than inositol (just to relate that back to the thread in a totally half-assed way).

Last edited:
P

Peatness

#35: CO2, Ketosis, and Mitochondria | PUFA, Sugar, Iron, and AGEs | Progesterone and Cell Stability​

01:04:59 - Inositol ordering cellular water, depression