Treating Addiction Through A Peat Prism. Thank You To Idea Labs

dand

I just wanted to share that my family and I successfully treated a family member for alcoholism by focusing on healing metabolism and giving him the necessary support structures (I.e. social connection) he needed to recover. He has been sober for over a year now and for the first time in a long time I am confident in saying we won't be looking back.

I think our experience reiterates that addiction is linked to high stress hormones Addiction Linked To High Stress Hormones.

We used pregnenolone, energin, estroban, and defibrin to help him heal. I have also used a similar strategy with other friends and family members to great success. A special thank you to @haidut and Idea Labs. I have been reading Peat for 6-7 years and it was not until Idea Labs and @haidut came around that I was able to simply give the gift of Ray Peat to my friends and family without asking them to learn new and challenging information in a stressed state.

Dhair

I just wanted to share that my family and I successfully treated a family member for alcoholism by focusing on healing metabolism and giving him the necessary support structures (I.e. social connection) he needed to recover. He has been sober for over a year now and for the first time in a long time I am confident in saying we won't be looking back.

I think our experience reiterates that addiction is linked to high stress hormones Addiction Linked To High Stress Hormones.

We used pregnenolone, energin, estroban, and defibrin to help him heal. I have also used a similar strategy with other friends and family members to great success. A special thank you to @haidut and Idea Labs. I have been reading Peat for 6-7 years and it was not until Idea Labs and @haidut came around that I was able to simply give the gift of Ray Peat to my friends and family without asking them to learn new and challenging information in a stressed state.
That's incredible. Well done. Your family member is lucky to have you.

OP
dand

dand

That's incredible. Well done. Your family member is lucky to have you.

Thanks, it is pretty special. I cried my eyes out the day he hit one year. I knew it would happen all along because I am so confident in what Ray et al. has done for me and others it just difficult to offer support when one is embroiled in the legal system. It is more stressful than the addiction itself, imo and makes recidivism very easy and it almost impossible to get back to life as usual.

Dizzy45

Thanks, it is pretty special. I cried my eyes out the day he hit one year. I knew it would happen all along because I am so confident in what Ray et al. has done for me and others it just difficult to offer support when one is embroiled in the legal system. It is more stressful than the addiction itself, imo and makes recidivism very easy and it almost impossible to get back to life as usual.
Way to go Dan! Your influence towards the RP lifestyle continues to help so many! :grouphug2

DaveFoster

Great job being a beacon to others. It's affirming to hear actual examples of success with these modalities.

Dhair

Great job being a beacon to others. It's affirming to hear actual examples of success with these modalities.
High dose aspirin + NDT cured my alcoholism a couple of years ago. I can count on one hand the number of times I've drank since then.
There a structures put in place by society and government that keep people trapped in a cycle of learned helplessness by suggesting that addiction is a chronic, genetically inherited disease. I have said it before, but some people just need to be shown that there is an entirely different way to see the world. When that state is realized, these things are surprisingly easy to overcome.

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter

Wow, this is amazing! I am so happy when I hear about anyone who mainstream medicine has written off improve with simple changes and support from their loved ones. In your opinion, would you say it was the pregnenolone that had the greatest effects (given the studies on it for alcoholism) or was it difficult to say due to combined use?

OP
dand

dand

It is tough to say. We really didn't have him take anything in isolation. I am going to see him this weekend and will ask and see if he has a sense for it.. I am visiting him and showing up stocked with Idea Labs products for his xmas gifts, hehe. We give the gift of Idea Labs in my family these days.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:rightagain

:raypeatcoffee:discoboogie

Jsaute21

This is really amazing @dand. I have a family member very close to me who has been battling addiction her whole life. Alcohol has become the latest culprit. I am curious how you arrived at these specific supplements, and please give me feedback as you hear more from your family member, on what they feel specifically made the biggest difference.

Cheers.

OP
dand

dand

There are a lot of threads on addiction on the forum. I tend to put special emphasis on what @haidut posts and then my own personal experiences with said supplements. I also made a point to encourage him not to eat PUFA like a big plate of French fries which he commonly did. I cannot understate how important it is to show up for your loved ones who are struggling with addiction and not turning your back on them. Social connection with loved ones is a big catalyst to recovery.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I cannot understate how important it is to show up for your loved ones who are struggling with addiction and not turning your back on them. Social connection with loved ones is a big catalyst to recovery.
Beautiful. Really appreciate you sharing this. :hattip

Kray

Awesome post. Such a simple regimen too.

How encouraging to hear, especially at this time of year, when those stress hormones rear their ugly heads. How ironic to think that “the reason for the season” has become one of great distress for so many, and which is now associated with overindulgences of all sorts.

SQu

I cannot understate how important it is to show up for your loved ones who are struggling with addiction and not turning your back on them. Social connection with loved ones is a big catalyst to recovery.
Heartwarming. He's lucky to have you. It takes courage trying to help a big problem when you're going against the mainstream.

kayumochi

Beautiful story. How little do people realize the true effects of stress? People around me are addicted to food and cigarettes and authoritarian religion and to me the cause is clear: stress. But I keep my mouth shut. Once I was addicted to cigarettes (haven't had one in 15+ years) beginning as a teenager. Looking back I can see that stress was the true cause of that addiction.

BrianF

Great to hear of anyone beating this curse. Anoth4r friend of mine died last week from it.

Greatly increasi g my sugar consumption has been the single biggest factor in mine. Hypoglycemia played a big part in my booze troubles.

OP
dand

dand

It seems that he feels like Stress-non, energin, and gelatin had the biggest impact for him :). I've spent the last week with him and the difference in his health and well-being are night and day.

haidut

Forum Supporter
There are a lot of threads on addiction on the forum. I tend to put special emphasis on what @haidut posts and then my own personal experiences with said supplements. I also made a point to encourage him not to eat PUFA like a big plate of French fries which he commonly did. I cannot understate how important it is to show up for your loved ones who are struggling with addiction and not turning your back on them. Social connection with loved ones is a big catalyst to recovery.

Awesome! Glad we could help. There is no reward like seeing family members get better. It really affects positively every aspect of your life.